Thread: How people plays

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default How people plays

hi

i'm still pretty new to pocket legends, my dex bird just reached level 20 by finishing the quests one by one.

when i play this game, i can hardly meet anyone who is willing to lure a few of the enemies out from their group to kill them. Instead, all the bird/bear/elf just charge into the middle of the enemies and start blasting/stomping/lightning, if we are lucky the enemies will die, otherwise we will die.

is that gotta be the way we play? I'd love to see more strategy and co-operation in game, am i going to see this in the high level dungeons? or is everyone still doing the same thing out there?
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯
    Xechs (Archer) - Xechz (Tank) - Charoro (Paladin)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

At low levels yes that's how it is. At end game you only need strats to kill bosses. If you care about not dieing my guild's is theme is about having no deaths. Click my Sig picture below to check it out.
    Last edited by Cabero; 02-08-2011 at 03:46 AM.
    Currently playing Acabero in PL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I personally like my low level mage to run in and kite everyone so her areas are more efficiently used. She survives it fine. If you know how to play your bird, you should be able to do the same thing. You just need to test out what mobs you can kite a lot of and which you can't (yetis).

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That only seems to be a problem for bears, who have to chase after their enemies to attack. With my bow mage, I can run into the group, AoE then attack the enemies without having to catch them first, then when they regroup; AoE again. If there's a bird in the group he can also pick enemies off without moving.

Bears are at their best as tanks, when a bear doesn't tank he has to chase the enemies that were knocked back by the tanking mage and this is when people get upset with the 'barge in and AoE' method.
    Riceyy: Level 41 Ursan
    Ricemagick: Level 32 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have the exact opposite problem. Every group I play with lately pulls mobs out then runs all the way back down the hall/ road running into another mob. And they all wonder why they keep dieing. At low levels, some groups have good tanks that actually know how to play in a group, most don't.

And if you are in a group with me and you do that, no I will not Rez you, take the walk...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

Yesterday I took my big bear out of the mothballs for a ride... I had not played him for a while and ended up pulling the whole mob right behind me on the mage standing there for safety. He died fast. And then I remembered why bears need to run in the middle of the mob before using these skills LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

haha! i'm currently playing my bird (w00t!), most of the time i just hide behind the tank and blast/debuff the mobs around him, which is pretty fun

i'm going to play a bear next, i hope i can play a good tank at the time :P
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    471 Posts

sechs you seem like a well headed player. i cant wait to play a few games with you when you reach lv 50+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by sechs View Post
    hi

i'm still pretty new to pocket legends, my dex bird just reached level 20 by finishing the quests one by one.

when i play this game, i can hardly meet anyone who is willing to lure a few of the enemies out from their group to kill them. Instead, all the bird/bear/elf just charge into the middle of the enemies and start blasting/stomping/lightning, if we are lucky the enemies will die, otherwise we will die.

is that gotta be the way we play? I'd love to see more strategy and co-operation in game, am i going to see this in the high level dungeons? or is everyone still doing the same thing out there?
    this is the sad part of how the game has turned to.... us old players use brains and we all had pretty good kill stats ... until frogmar (but thats another story)....

u r welcome to add me and I will run some maps with you and fight along side and i can assist you in fighting bosses without just blasting and clearing for you..... that will be more fun for the both of us also... i have been wanting to run some lower level maps as i havent done that is a while.
    IGN: Inching

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

heh thanks! i hope we can meet in game

in my friend list, when i see someone online, there is an "invite" button there, what would happen if i click on it? do i jump into his game? or do i getting him into my game?
    錫老婆的人有福了 因他必有三餸一湯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    372 Posts

It makes text on his/her screen saying "____ has invited you to *what ever map you're playing*

And just alerts him/her that you want her/him to come.