Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What am I doing wrong? Rogue question

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Heres a life lesson, dont ask for advice if your going to disagree with everything people say

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrowz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    Heres a life lesson, dont ask for advice if your going to disagree with everything people say
    Can't be helped if it's bad advice. Aside from that, Zeus already provided me critical hard core information with pure clarity and crystal clear to improving PvP gear set, stats, and skills, so ty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

well yw then )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Ya Zeus is awesome. Next time you want advice do us a favor and pm him directly in forums or game. That way others dont have to go through an ordeal of "discussing" with you.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Anarchial For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Lmfao at this thread. It's obvious he didn't want help from those who know pvp. I'd suggest using Deary, totally op

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Freuzidicu For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Is this a joke? No one's noticed he hasn't upgraded his mythics yet? First of all, get at least L40 if not L41. Then:

1. Upgrade mythic set to L36. Gem it too.
    2. Sell the hooks and L31 bow and get L36 mythic daggers.
    3. If you want to go PvP, move the four points from veil to combat medic.

Not that hard.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    129 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post
    Is this a joke? No one's noticed he hasn't upgraded his mythics yet? First of all, get at least L40 if not L41. Then:

Not that hard.
    We already told him to use combat medic and apparently that constitutes as "bad advice". So like i said, dont ask for advice if your going to disagree with everything people say even when they are right and you are wrong

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Up to you dude. Obviously if you think hooks are better than entangled bow you deserve to be farmed. I feel bad for people who farm you as they will probably be known as dummy farmers after the incident.
    And try buying a level 38 expedition bow of potency or a lvl 36 nightmarish daggers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    56 Posts

A rogue entering pvp without medic combat and prefering pick shadow veil ?

Man... this is made my day full of LOL

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Madnex View Post

Not that hard.
    All I can say is...ain't nobody got yo eye.

They'd love you in Vegas...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ugh, these kinds of forumers is what ruins the community. As your title was stated "What am i doing wrong?", you were asking us, the other forumers, to help you. Many answered and helped you build up your stats and enhance your gear setup. You reject them by saying their posts are useless? What a disgrace.

Maybe this thread wasn't to ask for help, maybe it was just to show off your stats. But people suggested to change some stuff. Then you started insulting everyone who disagreed with you.

I saw your other thread about what stuff you should buy for endgame. People helped you and i noticed you were being rude in your answers, but this, this was too much.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Imcarla For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sell hooks 4-4.5m, buy mythic helm, upgrade mythic to new mythic it does take time but it is well worth it, get twin razors, scorch isn't bad since it gives 12% crit. Respec to aim4/5, nox2/5, pierce 2/5, and combat medic5/5, 5/5 in passive that's ice str, int, and dex, then max crit passive with leftover use on armor, then when pvp always charge aim and use aim nox pierce combo. Sometimes you'll get lucky. Been in pvp since S1. Trust me it works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

5/5 aim...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

and 1/5 nox....

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Switch out veil for packs and hooks for razorbacks u will find hp wont decrease that much if not at all, my rogue has a good positive KDR packs is a huge life saver

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I don't understand why people haven't realized this guy is a troll please stop giving him food 😒

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

As others have pointed out, there are numerous flaws with your build and gear.

Medic is a must in PvP. There really isn't a viable alternative. You need a heal and can't be purely reliant on others to heal you.

As a Scorch owner myself, I will tell you that he is a terrible pet. Good only for speed and crit, there are many other pets that will help more that this lame excuse of a mythic pet. The shield is useless, and secondary stat boosts are not present. Samael, Gyrm, heck, even Maliason are better alternatives.

DMG passive is completely useless in PvP. The way buff/debuff mechanics work, along with the fact that there is a global DMG Nerf means any %DMG increase is cancelled out by this global Nerf. This means %DMG from pets and passives are off the table.

Do not fall in love with DPS, it is a misleading statistic, since skill damage is based on DMG. +40 DMG from a bow means hundreds more damage on aimed shot. DMG is the stat you should be padding, not DPS. -100 HP for +40 DMG is a very good trade off.

Daggers, by their nature are melee weapons, which means you have to fight in the front lines for them to be effective, which means you can be targeted, which means you die. Bows mean kiting, which means you hide behind tanks, which mean you can't be targeted, which means you live and kill from a distance in relative safety.

Use level appropriate gear. This means at a minimum upgraded mythic helm and armor. You will want the added DMG, Crit and armor that they offer.

At your level, you should have a DMG stat in the low to mid 400s to be able to compete. Remember, you can potentially face off against lv40s in some cases. Level 41 players with high end gear will be packing 4k HP, mid-600 DMG, 1.5k armor, you can't compete against that as a lv38 player - it's just too much of a defecit to overcome. Level 40s will be slightly lower on armor and HP and probably packing DMG in the mid 500s.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

if u thinks u are stronger than players ur level n still can't defeat them then u dont have lack something called skills
    u came here for advice...if u dont like it dont apply it...but u can atleast say thanks
    u are an askhole...u ask seek advice but no use it

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Litheus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowz View Post
    So who is the real one with terrible ideas?
    Rofl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ArcaneCreed View Post

to the internet buddy, this is called a discussion. My opinion will differ from yours, and if you can't rationalize an explanation, insulting is the first sign of a lost argument or discussion.
    People can't have opinions and you can, that's obviously fair. So if you ask for someone's opinion and they actually give constructive feedback and you just brush them of as imbecilic opinions, what's the point of asking anyway?
    Back to the OP
    The main things you are doing wrong are:
    1) Arcane hooks don't work very well at lvl 38, if you can afford hooks I'm sure you would probably be able to afford Twin Razorbacks of Force which provide much higher stats than arcane hooks. If you're going low budget, an Entangled Bow Of Tactics would work fine too. Dps is near to useless for rogues as you'll rarely get a chance to use autoattack so dmg is the most important factor. The dmg bonus from the mythic bow provides you with much higher crit(I believe it's what you're concerned about). Also, you seem concerned about losing out on 200 hp and I'll say that at that lvl almost any attack will deal more than 200 dmg so it wouldn't matter too much.
    2) Secondly, damage passives do not work in pvp for rogues if I'm not mistaken so removing the dmg passives and putting them in might, crit and armour passives will work wonders for you (rogues don't get any dmg bonuses in PvP from pet happiness and passives etc). Even if you do run the damage passives, im not sure if pet happiness bonuses will override them.mThe higher armour could also help you survive an additional attack with a tinge of hp for you to quickly heal yourself. Which brings me to the next point.
    3) Combat Medic is a necessity for rogues as it is the only form of reliable recovery a rogue has. This is pretty much self explanatory as if your reflexes and positioning are right you can get to your packs (takes some playing with xD) after getting hit with a huge crit.
    4) My last point is your gear. They seem fine but probably a better set such as full upgraded mythic would work much better.

Please do respect people on this forum, everyone is here to help each other out and even when we might sound overbearing, the main purpose of us here is to serve

Note: The Entangled Bow does not have "much worse" stats than arcane hooks. Would you rather kill a rogue in one combo or survive an autoattack? The answer is pretty clear for me

Have fun! The responses of everyone are extremely precise and spot on too so please do respect other

Officer @ <Death Penalty>
    Click the picture above to check out the guild thread!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Cata For This Useful Post: