Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Retiring from PvP today

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    The problem is that recipes, chests and helms/armors simply aren't dropping at a reasonable rate.

I have completed literally hundreds of arena runs since the drop rate "buff" and haven't even seen a recipe drop.

I have also completed hundreds of tomb runs, and looted exactly zero rods or knives, and only two or three chests.

With the drop rate of helms/armors out of chests being so absurdly low, on top of a very low drop rate of the chests themselves, it is no wonder why these imbued items (even the less desirable models) are going for tens of millions per set.

And, a recipe from arena being valued at 17-20m should be all the sign anyone needs to see to realize the drop rate is too low. I'm not sure why the recipe drop rate is so low, since the crafted amulet is bound to the toon, but if after hundreds of runs (well over 500 since the new arena dropped) where I still haven't seen a recipe, or a fossil.....well, I just think this is abusive.

I like high valued items, and I like having to earn it, but at some point, there has to be better incentive to run. I liquidated hundreds of architect, noble and shade pinks, opened hundreds upon hundreds of arena chests and received a handful of planar items, worth in total, perhaps 300k. That doesn't even cover the pots wasted there, let alone the ankhs and elixirs.

Think of it this way, if you have a 1% chance to loot a planar chest, and inside the chest is a (and let's be generous here) 1% chance to get a craftable helm/armor, you are looking at a 0.01% chance per tomb run of getting something worthwhile. To make matters worse, you have luck elixirs/lep amulets rerolling you out of planar chests and into locked crates -.-

Yeah.....
    I couldnt agree more with your post.
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 01-06-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Less drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

I started PvP 2013 7th June ( Idk the season ) But i got a screenshot from that day. Me and my sister always played together with gear that costed around 50k.
    It was so fun, everyone was gj:ing you if you got a double kill, they asked nicely for 1vs1 and always said gf, gj. And that made me to do the same thing, telling everyone Gj Gf and so on.

Sadly...
    Nothing is fair in PvP nowadays, overpowered people gathering together just to kill everyone and then insult them : "noob call" "noob cry" "dont run noob" "free food" and that makes me sick, I get angry and write back. That is how you make people to flamers.

I've quit the game already, and I'm kinda glad that I did..
    @-@

Last edited by Pillowhead; 01-06-2015 at 12:50 PM.

Robhawk

Well the problems are known ( mage class weak, breeze, no new maps, nothing new for ages, a.s.o)
    So one after another gonna quit PVP and in the next consequence quit the game!

I said that long time ago but its still up to date: The PVP`ers in my opinion fund this game not the free PVE`ers !!!

@raw: We meet a lot at tdm and there were good and bad days (you ganged me, i ganged you)... as you wrote in opening post - i agree with you in all points!
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 01-06-2015 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Less drama

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

raw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

What we need are invite-rooms in pvp. I wouldn't mind joking around in pvp, really don't care about KDR.

Invite rooms will keep trash talkers standing around talking to themselves while others fight in invited rooms and have fun again
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    What we need are invite-rooms in pvp. I wouldn't mind joking around in pvp, really don't care about KDR.

Invite rooms will keep trash talkers standing around talking to themselves while others fight in invited rooms and have fun again
    That's what they did in PL, but the problem is here with the LB you will have kill farming. The locked rooms would have to be for practice or have a different sort of point system to them, or it would get abused. But yes, locked rooms are a TON of fun for PvP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    That's what they did in PL, but the problem is here with the LB you will have kill farming. The locked rooms would have to be for practice or have a different sort of point system to them, or it would get abused. But yes, locked rooms are a TON of fun for PvP.
    As if there already isn't kill farming -.-

Kill farmers will continue to farm kills....that's just the way it is, leaderboard or not. I saw tons of kill farmers in PL - and there wasn't a LB that made it something to chase after. Some people just like to see big numbers in their PvP stats, whatever the means, whether kill farming, ganging, etc.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    As if there already isn't kill farming -.-

Kill farmers will continue to farm kills....that's just the way it is, leaderboard or not. I saw tons of kill farmers in PL - and there wasn't a LB that made it something to chase after. Some people just like to see big numbers in their PvP stats, whatever the means, whether kill farming, ganging, etc.
    Right but with locked rooms it would be even easier.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

If it makes pvp more fun it is more importand (to me) even if there are more kil farmers

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

They shouldn't imply a lock system, what they should do is imply a system where we can host games and boot whoever we want. Of course, kill farmers could host games and farm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,019 Posts

Having a booting system doesn't work in my opinion. It does nothing to promote good sportsmanship or encourage new players to learn pvp.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Candylicks For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

In pvp invite rooms maybe kill farming is turned off ? Or maybe halt pvp kill count on toons with huge negative KDR.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 01-06-2015 at 02:49 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Having a booting system doesn't work in my opinion. It does nothing to promote good sportsmanship or encourage new players to learn pvp..
    You have a point, booting has disadvantages. Though it has advantages :
    - You are in a game and you're enjoying challenging/dueling eachother and someone joins and ruins the "fun". A simple boot would help.
    - You are doing a 4v4 and the other team invites their guildie/friend to get some help and your team ends up with a low skilled player. The 5v5 is now unfair. A simple boot "Sorry, we need your spot to make the battle as fair as possible" would help.
    - You are the host and you are getting ganged. You would love to 1v1 each of them, but they continue/trash talk/call even more to gang. Booting would be the option.

Booting has more advantages and IMO it would be a good idea (Like we had in PL).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Well the problems are known ( mage class weak, breeze, no new maps, nothing new for ages, a.s.o)
    So one after another gonna quit PVP and in the next consequence quit the game!

I said that long time ago but its still up to date: The PVP`ers in my opinion fund this game not the free PVE`ers !!!

@raw: We meet a lot at tdm and there were good and bad days (you ganged me, i ganged you)... as you wrote in opening post - i agree with you in all points!
    There are just as many, if not more paying customers in PvE. Trying to imply that PvE players don't spend plat is insulting in my opinion. We use ankhs and elixirs AND buy gear and open as many crates as any pvp player does. Just because we farm for gear doesn't mean we're not spending money. Making it huge and red doesn't make a statement true.
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 01-06-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Less drama
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Invite only rooms would mean there's no need for a boot button. If you want to play in a room the way you want it, make an invite only room.

Kill farmers exist and having invite rooms wouldn't make much difference. Why should everybody else have to suffer for 75 people on the Ctf kills LB (a lot of which are kill farmers to begin with).
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #55
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    460 Posts

Hi there!

This is another reminder to keep the discussion friendly. Let's avoid sweeping generalizations and insults. I see some interesting points being made so let's keep it constructive. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Just today as a rogue,i killed full geared rogue (Ring,Sam,Elo Bow) named Maping,the score between us was 6:3 for me.
    I was just patient,using the walls.
    Tho vs-ing tanks and mages is totaly different.
    If they have better gear that you,you're toasted.
    My current gear is: Exp Bow,Mythic Set,Blood Ruby and Eerie.
    YOU HAVE FAILED THIS GAME!

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    There are just as many, if not more paying customers in PvE. Trying to imply that PvE players don't spend plat is insulting in my opinion. We use ankhs and elixirs AND buy gear and open as many crates as any pvp player does. Just because we farm for gear doesn't mean we're not spending money. Making it huge and red doesn't make a statement true.
    Ok my words where a little harsh regarding PVE, sorry. Let me get to this from another direction:

PVP CTF was introduced about 2 years ago and the only change since then was adding TDM, NOTHING ELSE !!! I really mean NOTHING except bugfixing takes ages (arcane maul was bugged for more then a year, currently breeze is an annoyance)
    So in PVE there were tons of events every 3 month.
    So lets assume PVE and PVP players purchase the same amount of plat, why do the PVE`s get lots of new content and the PVP`s get just nothing?

Are you with me?

edit: Also id be interested who purchases more plat, the mainly PVE or the PVP players, would be a great analysis for STS to figure out how important PVP really is or perhaps not... but im quite sure that the money STS makes with PVP players is at least 50% !!!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 01-07-2015 at 03:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Ok my words where a little harsh regarding PVE, sorry. Let me get to this from another direction:

PVP CTF was introduced about 2 years ago and the only change since then was adding TDM, NOTHING ELSE !!! I really mean NOTHING except bugfixing takes ages (arcane maul was bugged for more then a year, currently breeze is an annoyance)
    So in PVE there were tons of events every 3 month.
    So lets assume PVE and PVP players purchase the same amount of plat, why do the PVE`s get lots of new content and the PVP`s get just nothing?

Are you with me?

edit: Also id be interested who purchases more plat, the mainly PVE or the PVP players, would be a great analysis for STS to figure out how important PVP really is or perhaps not... but im quite sure that the money STS makes with PVP players is at least 50% !!!
    Sorry but I have to disagree. To PvP well, you need good gear. To get that gear you need money. To get that money, you either open lock crates which takes a big amount of platinum, OR you need to PvE and farm like "pve'rs" as you said.

If you understand me well, both type of players have to PvE and run the events.

So, we have to agree PvE/Events are not only a benefit to pve'ers but also to pvp'ers.

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Imcarla View Post
    Sorry but I have to disagree. To PvP well, you need good gear. To get that gear you need money. To get that money, you either open lock crates which takes a big amount of platinum, OR you need to PvE and farm like "pve'rs" as you said.

If you understand me well, both type of players have to PvE and run the events.

So, we have to agree PvE/Events are not only a benefit to pve'ers but also to pvp'ers.
    Aha, ok... then tell me please what should i "PVE-farm" to get 100m+ gold to buy an arcane ring and a samael to be maxed out at PVP... running for lockeds at brackenridge? Or perhaps invest a lot of real money to either make it directly to gold or gamble with opening lockeds?

I ask you: How many arcane ring owners got all the needed gold by farming at PVE? You really think there is even one? I also want to remind you that there is currently nothing it is worth farming in this game! The drop rates of recipes (new myth amuelt) and other good things is ridiculous low, so its the same like opening locked crates...
    Last edited by Robhawk; 01-07-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Aha, ok... then tell me please what should i "PVE-farm" to get 100m+ gold to buy an arcane ring and a samael to be maxed out at PVP... running for lockeds at brackenridge? Or perhaps invest a lot of real money to either make it directly to gold or gamble with opening lockeds?

I ask you: How many arcane ring owners got all the needed gold by farming at PVE? You really think there is even one? I also want to remind you that there is currently nothing it is worth farming in this game! The drop rates of recipes (new myth amuelt) and other good things is ridiculous low, so its the same like opening locked crates...
    Sorry, i have to disagree once again. Yes, a big amount of the players make their money by purchasing platinum. Though, you can't speak for everyone. There are many players who do not spend a dollar on the game and achieve have. It takes an enormous amount of patience but you can do it by farming events/elites/merching.