Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Elite timers

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree on giving a choice whether people want a timer or not. However, if sts does fix the scaling exploit, pve will basically just turn into a pvp-style scenario. Higher geared players will look down upon those lower/middle gear players, and then its back to farming locks for years for us. Middle/lower geared players wont be able to join unless there are 0 higher geared players, considering that the exploit is fixed. Elites are meant to be challenging, but whats the point if one run will take between 1-2 hours, with a chance of people leaving? This will just widen the gap even more between the upper and lower class. Just like life eh? People will also waste all of their gold on pots and ankhs and hardly make a profit, if at all. Then all we have left is the arena, which is basically only rogue and mage teams. Due to this warrior will become useless unless its for pvp. I personally think sts should leave the scaling scenario alone and just give people a choice of whether they want to run with timers or not. It will give middle/lower geared players a chance to farm to become a higher geared player, and give higher geared players an incentive to running tombs.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Twix For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    I like the elites without the timers, and I posted a thread about how much I liked it long before I knew anything about this whole scaling business, so its untrue and unfair to say that anyone for this idea only likes it for that reason.

My reasons then are the same as my reasons now - it makes the whole experience a lot more relaxing and more PUG friendly. It's great being able to go to an elite and start killing and just get on with it rather than having to wait for the map to be full of 4, only to find 2 of them are tanks and then everyone leaves and the whole process starts again. When running with a pre-made party, a disconnecting member can rejoin and even with the major dc issues fixed, working all the way to the boss with your party and then disconnecting and being locked out is still a point of annoyance.

I would love to see timers come back along with an option to chose the timed run or not. I see no reason why the world map couldn't contain three buttons - the current "Elite" and "PVP" options as well as a third "Timed" option which opened world map and sent you to a timed instance when you click on your chosen destination.
    I never said that my statement about scaling was all-encompassing, although it is the reason most players don't want it put back. As for the non-timed runs, that is something STS itself proposed several months back. Whether it is implemented or gets forgotten like undead wrathjaw, we shall see.

However, if they do leave an untimed option, this scaling business needs fixing. This is meant to be the most difficult content in the game, and right now you don't even need decent gear to run it. Just lots of time to stand around twiddling your thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    I agree on giving a choice whether people want a timer or not. However, if sts does fix the scaling exploit, pve will basically just turn into a pvp-style scenario. Higher geared players will look down upon those lower/middle gear players, and then its back to farming locks for years for us. Middle/lower geared players wont be able to join unless there are 0 higher geared players, considering that the exploit is fixed. Elites are meant to be challenging, but whats the point if one run will take between 1-2 hours, with a chance of people leaving? This will just widen the gap even more between the upper and lower class. Just like life eh? People will also waste all of their gold on pots and ankhs and hardly make a profit, if at all. Then all we have left is the arena, which is basically only rogue and mage teams. Due to this warrior will become useless unless its for pvp. I personally think sts should leave the scaling scenario alone and just give people a choice of whether they want to run with timers or not. It will give middle/lower geared players a chance to farm to become a higher geared player, and give higher geared players an incentive to running tombs.
    If STS believes the maps are appropriate when scaled to 1 person, they can lower the difficulty to that level for 4 people, and still fix the scaling issue. But I don't believe that is what was intended with these particular maps. And sorry to say, Warrior is already useless unless for pvp. With or without timers, runs will always be faster with a straight dps team.
    Last edited by Serancha; 01-13-2015 at 09:13 PM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

Whats "Pve"? O.o

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I agree with you on that, Serancha. Sts can still give the option of doing timed runs for those who want to do lb runs, in which the maps would have elite difficulty(without scaling). This can help mid/lower geared players have an incentive to farm as well as give warriors something to do outside of pvp. This way the gap between the rich and the middle/lower classes can close a little bit. It wouldnt be fair to force someone to pop lets say, a few hundred/thousand locks just so they can run a map now, would it? Just my thoughts though.