Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Got it right with breeze

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Default Got it right with breeze

I want to say thanks to sts for figuring breeze out in a way that's not op in pvp anymore and INCREDIBLY useful in pve. So useful that I think it's Prob more valuable. Played breeze in pvp and is a lot more manageable now. Just ran arena with 2 breeze on my team and it was awesome. I hated it when I was frozen like those bosses, but love it that they are. Def getting a breeze now. Saves a lot in ankhs and potions already. I never liked frostir anyway haha. Congrats. Balanced in pvp and will retain/gain value. Just saw 2 in CS for 2+ million. Not sure if that's because other auctions cancelled or what, but I'll be buying one for arena alone. Great job!!

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Yes very thankful, great job STS!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Pets aren't actually supposed to completely immobilize elite bosses. It's 98% certain that that's a glitch that will be fixed.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I thought that was part of the compromise with him to help him retain the 2.5m price tag. Sts said they were trying to be considerate of previous buyers. Dev comment if you can... We will witness a 50-75% price decrease in one post. But really, can anyone clarify this before I spend my frags on this cursed egg?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Wait... Doesn't Kelvin, Sam, singe, George etc stun/immobilize/stop red zone of elite bosses? Mine do in tombs and arena.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    Wait... Doesn't Kelvin, Sam, singe, George etc stun/immobilize/stop red zone of elite bosses? Mine do in tombs and arena.
    Sam can panic some of them occasionally, but not frequently. Singe's stun does not affect bosses.

Kelvin and George are the only ones capable of stunning bosses, and that lasts about 2 seconds, not 5+

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

So just terrify and panic supposed to work on bosses? Don't think I can buy now...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

The 100% stun pets like George and Kelvin can stun most bosses.

Panic and normal stun can work on some bosses but not all the time, and not all bosses.

Even if Breeze was intended to freeze elite bosses, I am almost certain that it will be adjusted given how massively the ability is being abused at the moment. I mean running arena and the bosses never move? Seriously, where's the effort in that?

Yes, people will hate me for saying it out loud, and I frankly don't care. Elite is supposed to be challenging, which is why we run it. Without timers, it's turned into boring grinding. With bosses held immobile for 85% of each fight, it's a bloody snorefest.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Panic and normal stun can work on some bosses but not all the time, and not all bosses.

Even if Breeze was intended to freeze elite bosses, I am almost certain that it will be adjusted given how massively the ability is being abused at the moment. I mean running arena and the bosses never move? Seriously, where's the effort in that?

Yes, people will hate me for saying it out loud, and I frankly don't care. Elite is supposed to be challenging, which is why we run it. Without timers, it's turned into boring grinding. With bosses held immobile for 85% of each fight, it's a bloody snorefest.
    A lot of breeze was obtained due to the "parking" trick, which makes tomb much easier than intended. Breeze will be 3* harder to obtain when the timer is back (already 2* harder due to boss fix) So I don't mind it being op.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

The freezing is only on passive and lasts for 2.5 seconds. It may occasionally stack with multiple Breezes though. I believe this change of immunity was discussed and implemented but got left out of the post with the changes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    A lot of breeze was obtained due to the "parking" trick, which makes tomb much easier than intended. Breeze will be 3* harder to obtain when the timer is back (already 2* harder due to boss fix) So I don't mind it being op.
    scaling also///

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post

Breeze or no breeze, I run arena a LOT with other OP rogues. Enraged is a joke because we kill all bosses before. Mushrooms are irritating but thats about it. Took me around 300 runs to loot recipe. Still run all the time. I'd call it a grind. We chat and laugh during arena. It's not challenging. Tombs aren't either really. It is about grinding and tombs about time. Breeze is a way for legendary geared players to run arena while having some survivability while still providing decent stats. If they do nerf after this last nerf, I hope it's not too much. I don't hate you for saying it out loud. I don't know what effect using breeze might have for me, but it can't be that much. It will make it more difficult for non mythic players imo. Elite maps are different because you have space. Arena, you will die some, or you will be smashed. Honestly, I watch tv, cook, eat dinner all while running arena. I think it can be misused by well geared players but it can also be used for good for players that can't spend 15M for mythic armor, ring, pendant and mythic weapon that works at lvl 41. It opens the door for a much bigger player base to be able to farm arena.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    62 Posts

ty sts!!!! Fnf are finally easy to farm

siddhantsingh<turbo>(lvl41mage)
    lukepvp(retired)(lvl25tank)
    sidpvp<nvm>(lvl15mage)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to siddhant For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by siddhant View Post
    ty sts!!!! Fnf are finally easy to farm
    Yes but so are mages. When is the mage buff?
    Proud guild master of <Mage Army>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Got it right with breeze

Lollll the breeze in arena... Funny stuff makes arena a breeze. I agree with sera theres no challenge with 4 breezes in arena its redic zzz

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xpolosion View Post
    Lollll the breeze in arena... Funny stuff makes arena a breeze. I agree with sera theres no challenge with 4 breezes in arena its redic zzz
    The question is for whom? I'd bet that arena would still be challenging with breeze for a good portion of level 41s. When I run arena, the question isn't how am I gonna beat these bosses. The question is am I gonna loot recipe bc of course we smash these bosses. As I stated before, breeze has no effect on most in arena. At least my parties. It would be awesome for under geared players though. I don't understand why there would be a further nerf. Mushroom irritation some of the time is about as challenging as it gets for arena grinders. I ran with three genies last night and they were playing a game by standing in the red zones to see if they could still be one hit. Most of the time they couldn't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    I want to say thanks to sts for figuring breeze out in a way that's not op in pvp anymore and INCREDIBLY useful in pve. So useful that I think it's Prob more valuable. Played breeze in pvp and is a lot more manageable now. Just ran arena with 2 breeze on my team and it was awesome. I hated it when I was frozen like those bosses, but love it that they are. Def getting a breeze now. Saves a lot in ankhs and potions already. I never liked frostir anyway haha. Congrats. Balanced in pvp and will retain/gain value. Just saw 2 in CS for 2+ million. Not sure if that's because other auctions cancelled or what, but I'll be buying one for arena alone. Great job!!
    Well breeze keep degrading pvp quality, i mean why apply skill when your target is not moving.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Devs don't NERF breeze in PvE. Give those with RL circumstances re: money and lack of game time be given a fair crack of the whip, thank you.

#IdoThisForMyPeoples!
    Last edited by Xorrior; 01-25-2015 at 12:29 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Doing arena with epic items and deary is challenging also maybe.
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

For people whining 'Arena isnt a challenge'
    If you want a challenge then why dont you get a pt, Wear pink stuff dont use breeze and then run arena? Why dont you put yourself in a newbs shoes and see how much of a benefit breeze is to the majority?

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post: