Thread: Mana Potion Regeneration

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Default Mana Potion Regeneration

To the Devs and other players, has Mana Potion Regeneration ever been discussed before? Specifically, for a mage, what are the triggers that regenerates its own mana potions?

Take for example, I start out with 5. Sometimes it'll just sit idle at 5 from one map to the next to the next. Other times I'll see it increase by a few. Sometimes it'll fill up all the way to 25. This is regardless whether my mage respawns from a death or I come back into the game a day later. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

Hints? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Are they looted from kills? Now you mention it I swear I've seen my potion stock go up by one or two without buying them before..
    Riceyy: Level 41 Ursan
    Ricemagick: Level 32 Enchantress

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

What I've noted anecdotally is that it seems tied to how full your mana bar is. That is, the more mana you have, the faster the pots regenerate. I don't think that they regenerate if you're just standing around, but I haven't checked.

The ironic part of this observation, though, is that sometimes using a pot or two helps them regenerate faster.
    Potentially helpful thread: Your Job (or: How Not To Look Like A N00b)
    My Guild: The Duchy

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    Are they looted from kills? Now you mention it I swear I've seen my potion stock go up by one or two without buying them before..
    Looted from kills? Hmm... maybe there might be some correlation with kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    630 Posts

When you have less than 25 pots (mana or health) they drop with kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

If you start with 0 potions you can get up to 25 of each if you are the first to enter a zone or the one that made the instance. If you solo you can get the 25 of each fast I use this to farm them so I don't have to spend 30k each time I buy 1k of each.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    What I've noted anecdotally is that it seems tied to how full your mana bar is. That is, the more mana you have, the faster the pots regenerate. I don't think that they regenerate if you're just standing around, but I haven't checked.

The ironic part of this observation, though, is that sometimes using a pot or two helps them regenerate faster.
    I also noticed that if my mana bar is drained, the mana pot level goes to empty. But definitely the pots don't spawn if I'm just standing around...then again, I haven't stood around long enough to notice it. Yesterday I saw another example where I started with 5, and Keeper run after Keeper run, it slowly rose to 7, then 10 and then *pop* it shot up to 25 at the start of the next run. I used the odd mana pot here and there while battling Mynas. I think you might be onto something about how it'll regenerate if mana pots are used.

In the end, I'll harvest what mana pots my mage will spawn, stash them, and then start the process over. Over the past few weeks I've amassed a few hundred mana pots in my little horde. Great for leveling my bear and bird without ever needing to visit Ellie for mana.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by StompArtist View Post
    When you have less than 25 pots (mana or health) they drop with kills.
    There you go. I've found order to my chaos.

Thanks, StompArtist, Shemron, Duke and Ricey!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Mana and Health potion drops are quite simple:

Every time you host a game, a pre defined amount of mana and health potions is set for the mobs. The amount set is set to drop for all players in the party, but doesn't define for just one player nor does is refresh. Certain levels have a zero potion drop rate and some levels will disable potion drop rates if there are more than 1-3 players are in the party. Alien Oasis ll: Plasma Pyramid is a perfect example of that. If you are by yourself, you will get a lot of potions in a very short period of time, but if a second person joins, potion drops disable completely.

^^ That might be a little hard to explain, so let me make it simpler.

There are 200 enemies in a map, 60 of them have been randomly assigned to drop either 1 health potion or 1 mana potion to a random player in the party. The less players there are in a party, the higher chances you will receive the potion drop. This means that if you are by yourself, you are gurenteed 100% of the assigned potion drop rates, But it is only 100% if the map has enabled potion drops. Under certain levels or certain situations, potions will stop dropping.

Also, you will not receive any potions from drops if you have 25 or more potions in each type.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That's pretty complicated, doesn't even seem worth it tbh :/
    Riceyy: Level 41 Ursan
    Ricemagick: Level 32 Enchantress

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
    That's pretty complicated, doesn't even seem worth it tbh :/
    What do you mean by not worth it? if you keep 25 or less potions at all times, you wont have to buy thousands of potions. Don't try calculating during a party if it will generate potion drops or not, just go with it. I haven't paid attention to potion drops in months and I rarely run low on potions.