Thread: Fury over Hate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Fury over Hate?

Based on my first impression of Fury i am not completely sold on it over hate. Without m/s we are back to pot burning again. Give your opinions and sell me on this new armor set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Skeerd View Post
    Based on my first impression of Fury i am not completely sold on it over hate. Without m/s we are back to pot burning again. Give your opinions and sell me on this new armor set.
    rift before the stat/item update had NO m/s.

i think it will change
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hope so Arterra!

I personally am worried about the % hit too, but am concerned they will have to sacrifice some of its defensive power to give some hit.

I saw someone with the full lvl 55 "set". They had 65% hit with a pure str build, and I absolutely hated early tanking when I had that low hit %. (taunts and most skills rarely landed, I almost thought they were broken lol)

We will see, I might just stay partial dex with the minimum str for wearing the set.
    Last edited by Malakov; 02-12-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: redundancy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Wait are you sure tuant can miss? I thought it couldn't (damage skills like slashes can). If so that would change everything we know about tank builds. Currently pure Str is the way to go for PvE tanking while Str/Dex is for more of a damage or PvP bear, but if taunt can miss then tanks probably want some Dex too...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6183&dateline=1275696  601
    Quote Originally Posted by conradin View Post
    To doubt Royce, is to doubt your sanity...
    Quote Originally Posted by TwinkTastical View Post
    Royce is right, You are WRONG. Live with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    88 Posts

yes royce, i was under the impression taunt cant miss (it aways gives dodge), the devs should have something t oallow bears to hold agro (a stronger taunt), but taunt works ok if you spam it- i am all str on my tank and i do just fine
    RIP Twinktastic

AEO is the way to go~now recruiting

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I prefer fury, and if you need some ms, you could use a rooter peice. I preferr fury because of the dodge (8 dodge a peice) and the armor (has as much armor has plungers, but plungers doesn't have as much dodge) Biggest down side is the hit%

On the other hand, I do believe taunt can miss. I am not sure whether it is just because taunt is buggy or not, but I have had instances that it didn't give the same effect it did in other instances.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
    Wait are you sure tuant can miss? I thought it couldn't (damage skills like slashes can). If so that would change everything we know about tank builds. Currently pure Str is the way to go for PvE tanking while Str/Dex is for more of a damage or PvP bear, but if taunt can miss then tanks probably want some Dex too...
    It could just be buggy, but many times what happens is that there is no miss or dodge indicator, but rather the nearby taunted mobs, or even a single mob, don't acquire the "!" taunt symbol and no aggro is established. Even if the only aggro another player has is by proximity (running into the enemy), the failed taunt doesn't draw aggro to the bear.

The reason I assumed hit% had an effect was because I see failed taunts far less often since I invested in it. Perhaps a coincidence. If taunt showed a "miss" indicator when it failed, testing it could be easier to see.

The buff it provides to the user, needless to say, is consistent.

But to avoid myself derailing the thread: Fury is certainly the better option for boss tanking since it has the best mitigation and avoidance, however hate would be better for damage and quick trash clearing (aggro)

Unfortunately I don't have the level or gear to show the stats, but I have seen a player in game with it. Hopefully someone can provide a picture or stat comparison.
    Last edited by Malakov; 02-12-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you all for contributing. Keep em coming.