Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Reserved names

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingFu View Post
    I agree with some of this, but I still think it makes quite a bit more sense for name reservations to be limited to AL. I realize no matter what argument I give, almost everyone in this forum is going to disagree with me, it being PL general and all.

I do think it's very naive to say loyalty means much here anymore though. I have no doubts that someone like G has a lot of appreciation for old players remaining loyal to StS, but there's really not much proof at all to support saying that StS as a company actively acknowledges and appreciates PL players' loyalty. Just look at what it's gotten us long term - neglect.
    We haven't received neglect for our loyalty. We were given a 77 cap when the community realized the game was simmering down... to me, that's not neglect, but rather a sign of sympathy that STS showed towards its PL community for remaining loyal.

I agree though, it makes much more sense to give name reservations in AL from a business standpoint. I guess I don't see the reason why they can't just do name reservations for all games - for instance, my buddy in SL named Ghost has constantly been asking me for the name Ghost in PL. Whereas, I'm sure there is a Ghost in DL and in AL. I feel that at least the fairest way to accommodate for this is to do first come, first serve for reservations. Morally speaking (sorry for getting to deep, I know this is a game), STS should at least give us this chance to hold on to our names.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post: