Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tanks are homeless...

Overweightank

Default Tanks are homeless...

Tanks... Even if we are maxed gear and skilled to the bone... We're still useless. I know someone who has planar pendant, singe, 8k hp, and all that, yet they cant find a pt for PT3.
    STS , right now tanks are bare useless, I know some tanks will quit PvE forever . Please!!! PLEAAASE! we beg you... in the new expansion... Think LONG and HARD, make this last expansion count... Don't make tanks extinct! The fact that tanks are as useful as toilet water... Atleast toilet water can save you when there's no water in the house and you're dying of dehydration.. Tanks are so left out.. I dont see any active Mods and Dev's as warrior.. maybe this means somthin :/

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Overweightank For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Tanks... Even if we are maxed gear and skilled to the bone... We're still useless. I know someone who has planar pendant, singe, 8k hp, and all that, yet they cant find a pt for PT3.
    STS , right now tanks are bare useless, I know some tanks will quit PvE forever . Please!!! PLEAAASE! we beg you... in the new expansion... Think LONG and HARD, make this last expansion count... Don't make tanks extinct! The fact that tanks are as useful as toilet water... Atleast toilet water can save you when there's no water in the house and you're dying of dehydration.. Tanks are so left out.. I dont see any active Mods and Dev's as warrior.. maybe this means somthin :/
    Do you see any active devs or mods as a sorcerer? You have a good point overall though. Rogues just dominate everywhere. Mages are weak sauce in pvp, warriors are weak sauce in pve. Rogues are the best im both. Something needs to change
    Proud guild master of <Mage Army>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Primeblades View Post
    Do you see any active devs or mods as a sorcerer? You have a good point overall though. Rogues just dominate everywhere. Mages are weak sauce in pvp, warriors are weak sauce in pve. Rogues are the best im both. Something needs to change
    Tanks, are not needed because they are slow and low dmg and dps

Mages are not needed because al of thier skils are put into freaking pets wich makes rouges able to use thier skils trough pets and have more dmg and critical then mages and tanks -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Two of our best main tanks gave up, sold all their gear and switched to rogue. If you can't beat them, join them!

I've been thinking about quitting my 33 maxed out tank too. I'm not even close to mythic rogues. Just can't kill 1v1 anymore. GG
    Last edited by Kakashis; 02-01-2015 at 12:00 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Two of our best main tanks gave up, sold all their gear and switched to rogue. If you can't beat them, join them!

I've been thinking about quitting my 33 maxed out tank too. I'm not even close to mythic rogues. Just can't kill 1v1 anymore. GG
    I'm not gonna go to rogue. I dont like attacking on 1 point. I love tank, I'd rather die of boredem than switch to a toon. This is a successful game.. If STS cant manage to bring use to the 2/3 classes, then they dont deserve to call this game a success.. this isnt "Rogue legends" im not offending anything cuz its only been a few weeks to a month, but if this expansion doesnt change anything, i will lose 100% of my respect and i will probably never play it again.. 1-2months is already too much. they better come up with somthin...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Well that someone is probably in the wrong guild then.
    Kronos Divine Guild Development PICS HERE -- PVP VIDS HERE AL Retiree

8. The Following User Says Thank You to epicrrr For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

I would agree ... Pretty much why I switched to rogue.
    Oh and I would say the warrior's heal is the only good thing about warrior...
    And the OLD vb which provides so much mana regen (If I remembered correctly it was vb)
    Last edited by Endroids; 02-01-2015 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I dont see how tanks dont get into runs, Is this over sarcasm or starting drama? Every tomb run I go into theres always a tank, 3 rogues or 2 rogues 1 mage. I see people asking for a tank for elites every now and again. They still are needed. The only time they arent needed is when theres 4 max geared rogues who can kill the boss in a matter of minutes, for regular pts they're needed :P although however they do need a buff of some sort and so do mages

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    I dont see how tanks dont get into runs, Is this over sarcasm or starting drama? Every tomb run I go into theres always a tank, 3 rogues or 2 rogues 1 mage. I see people asking for a tank for elites every now and again. They still are needed. The only time they arent needed is when theres 4 max geared rogues who can kill the boss in a matter of minutes, for regular pts they're needed :P
    Tanks aren't needed, pulls can't be to big nowadays so why take someone who's ment just for keeping aggro on big pulls?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Appeltjes View Post
    Tanks aren't needed, pulls can't be to big nowadays so why take someone who's ment just for keeping aggro on big pulls?
    They aren't 100% needed for the Max geared people out there, but in average runs they save ALOT of deaths and ankhs and pots.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Titanfall For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

First mage will be magical pet which is have AA to do crowds control (stun,freeze and root) then warrior will be damage absorb pet while not hungry (so don't forget to feeding ur pet)... Jk Jk Jk xD ...

Rog with legendary gear still have high chance to got party invitation for runing tomb,but for mage and war with legendary gear hell no...mage and war with legendary gear have really2 tiny small little chance to got invitation for runing tomb.

Maybe time after time this game will change name to Rogue Legend.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

#NerfRogue
    #BuffWarrior in pve
    #BuffMage Period point Blank
    #Hashtag

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Im levelling my mage. In pve I have no place for elite runs. In pvp Im farmed by karma. What next? Yes Im not good at pvp, Im good enough in pve, but tanks are slow, having 500++dps and 400++ doesnt make me have a party.

sent by a nab using tapasucks
    R E T I R E D

Overweightank

Have you ever seen a tank be accepted to party by need? never, a tank asks a pt " Can I join too? " , the pt either says "No" , REALLY doesnt want a tank but invites you just to be nice , Or they invite if there is NO other mage or rogue around. Tanks are hated, last resort, or not even needed... it's kinda sad how some pt's rather have nothing than a tank, cuz having 3 ppl in a pt instead of 4 is faster..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Have you ever seen a tank be accepted to party by need? never, a tank asks a pt " Can I join too? " , the pt either says "No" , REALLY doesnt want a tank but invites you just to be nice , Or they invite if there is NO other mage or rogue around. Tanks are hated, last resort, or not even needed... it's kinda sad how some pt's rather have nothing than a tank, cuz having 3 ppl in a pt instead of 4 is faster..
    I completely disagree with all you say. Tanks are needed in planar tombs runs and all people I run with prefer having a tank in the party, most actually are not willing to run without one. Today we spend 15 minutes looking for a tank, because all were in pt in tombs 3 already. As for the rest please do read the following and give it some thought. Thank you in advance!

"Firstly I have to say that I do agree that warriors do need some tweaking. This being said I think that both the topic, as well as what some warriors state in this and the several similar thread is excessively exaggerated. The the reasons for this being the following:

1. "Now they are running around with 1800+ armor and 50% crit and can pull and park mobs way more efficiently than Warriors." This is true for a extremely small, really statistically negligible, number of rogues, which account for a total of less than 1 (one) % of the game population.

2. Although I personally do not mind running without a warrior, most of the people I run with do prefer having a warrior, especially for the planar tombs content, which is the content, which as we all know, is mainly being farmed right now. And I have to admit that warrior make runs a bit slower, but way less expansive in ankhs.

3. I have invited 3 of the warriors who have complained about the current state of the warrior class to my party in the planar tombs hubs. Neither of those invites was unsolicited and I was very polite when I asked them if they mind being invited to the party via pm. One left the party after inspecting its members. The second one said: "You are too weak. Sorry." In this second case the party consisted of 2 rogues and one mage, which all were full mythic (including weapon) and the only thing missing was arcane ring. The third one was a parody of a tank, who although he had practically max gear and arcane pet died like a fly on the boss in t3. Well, I have played in planar tombs 3 with full legendary tanks, who delivered a better performance than this dude. So what do you expect actually. THat you are entitled to choose who you play with, to insult people and to get frustrated why do not get parties?

4. Running tindirin elites, as a matter of fact all elite above Nordr, in a legendary pt is practically impossible (the wilds being an exception) without a tank is practically impossible, unless all pt members are loaded with 25+ ankhs per map and ready to use them.

As I have stated before the main problem is the gear gap and how excessively op maxed gear is at the current level."

Regards,

Azek

Edit: Correct some of the user friendly auto-correct

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Everyone saying they do need a warrior then they don't do a good enough job as a rogue or mage. Good geared warriors would like to run with people who have the same gear as them, problem is good geared rogues won't accept them so they are left playing with noobs or weak geared people.

Everyone i know who does need a tank will either die from one hits or he has bad gear or he can't potion fast enough, these are the kind of people tanks are left playing with.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to gumball3000 For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi View Post
    I completely disagree with all you say. Tanks are needed in planar tombs runs and all people I run with prefer having a tank in the party, most actually are not willing to run without one. Today we spend 15 minutes looking for a tank, because all were in pt in tombs 3 already. As for the rest please do read the following and give it some thought. Thank you in advance!

"Firstly I have to say that I do agree that warriors do need some tweaking. This being said I think that both the topic, as well as what some warriors state in this and the several similar thread is excessively exaggerated. The the reasons for this being the following:

1. "Now they are running around with 1800+ armor and 50% crit and can pull and park mobs way more efficiently than Warriors." This is true for a extremely small, really statistically negligible, number of rogues, which account for a total of less than 1 (one) % of the game population.

2. Although I personally do not mind running without a warrior, most of the people I run with do prefer having a warrior, especially for the planar tombs content, which is the content, which as we all know, is mainly being farmed right now. And I have to admit that warrior make runs a bit slower, but way less expansive in ankhs.

3. I have invited 3 of the warriors who have complained about the current state of the warrior class to my party in the planar tombs hubs. Neither of those invites was unsolicited and I was very polite when I asked them if they mind being invited to the party via pm. One left the party after inspecting its members. The second one said: "You are too weak. Sorry." In this second case the party consisted of 2 rogues and one mage, which all were full mythic (including weapon) and the only thing missing was arcane ring. The third one was a parody of a tank, who although he had practically max gear and arcane pet died like a fly on the boss in t3. Well, I have played in planar tombs 3 with full legendary tanks, who delivered a better performance than this dude. So what do you expect actually. THat you are entitled to choose who you play with, to insult people and to get frustrated why do not get parties?

4. Running tindirin elites, as a matter of fact all elite above Nordr, in a legendary pt is practically impossible (the wilds being an exception) without a tank is practically impossible, unless all pt members are loaded with 25+ ankhs per map and ready to use them.

As I have stated before the main problem is the gear gap and how excessively op maxed gear is at the current level."

Regards,

Azek

Edit: Correct some of the user friendly auto-correct
    I'm sure you dont run with the maxed gear PT's , if you're a mercher like me, you would see that farming planar tombs for endless hours for a tiny amount as 1.3m isnt worth it, unless the runs are easy as dirt. I dont want to run more than 10min in a tomb, any of the GOOD pt's dont need warriors. I refuse to run with non mythic pt's... Think VERY effiecient. Nobody runs pugs anymore. Except warriors.... Saying pt's need a tank doesnt explain the fact an 8k planar pendant warr with singe and bulwark is left alone for too long. I think tanks need a HUGE damage buff.. Mages should be taken looked at too. But Warriors are bigger priority, because Mages can atleast farm pve kills in wt4 , and do km3 fast! Warriors cant get any kills efficently, cant do any elite maps efficiently, cant do any pve and aps, and kill count contests in guilds, because mages get like 10k kills in a day, warriors get tiresome. Some warriors like Ravagerx are very skilled in getting kills over a long time, but that period of time for mages could be doubled the kills. I'll say this once more. Buff tha hell outta warriors, they need more damage, and nobody start saying "omg they already have like 750 damage" , cuz thats VERY few warriors... I see warriors running around with under 350 dmg and they have decent gear. This is absolutely trash now. I'd say give warriors some more damage... asap @ Stat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I don't do pugs as much these days, mostly friend invites. I run with many tanks in both arena and tombs. I also do pure rogue parties. One tank is really no issue at all. The problem is running with 2 or 3 tanks imo. And by problem, it just takes a long time. A mixed party of a tank, a mage and 2 rogues is pretty common. I don't have arcane ring but I do have 1700+ armor and 4400 health. The reason we all paid millions for imbued gear was to be ahead of the pack. No nerfing rogues, get a better friends list or guild. Plenty of nice end game rogues. Calicus and globolus are two tanks that are able to get parties for arena/tombs all day.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Bunkz View Post
    I don't do pugs as much these days, mostly friend invites. I run with many tanks in both arena and tombs. I also do pure rogue parties. One tank is really no issue at all. The problem is running with 2 or 3 tanks imo. And by problem, it just takes a long time. A mixed party of a tank, a mage and 2 rogues is pretty common. I don't have arcane ring but I do have 1700+ armor and 4400 health. The reason we all paid millions for imbued gear was to be ahead of the pack. No nerfing rogues, get a better friends list or guild. Plenty of nice end game rogues. Calicus and globolus are two tanks that are able to get parties for arena/tombs all day.
    I hope you know Calicus made a rogue... He doesnt play much on Warrior now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

I do know that, but it wasn't because he couldn't find parties in tombs. He was running non stop for a while there. Tanks can't kill as fast as rogues and they shouldn't be able to. To the main point, something needs to change dynamically to make tanks important. Obv damage and speed buff are not the answer.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!