Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Tanks are homeless...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    I'm sure you dont run with the maxed gear PT's , if you're a mercher like me, you would see that farming planar tombs for endless hours for a tiny amount as 1.3m isnt worth it, unless the runs are easy as dirt. I dont want to run more than 10min in a tomb, any of the GOOD pt's dont need warriors. I refuse to run with non mythic pt's... Think VERY effiecient. Nobody runs pugs anymore. Except warriors.... Saying pt's need a tank doesnt explain the fact an 8k planar pendant warr with singe and bulwark is left alone for too long. I think tanks need a HUGE damage buff.. Mages should be taken looked at too. But Warriors are bigger priority, because Mages can atleast farm pve kills in wt4 , and do km3 fast! Warriors cant get any kills efficently, cant do any elite maps efficiently, cant do any pve and aps, and kill count contests in guilds, because mages get like 10k kills in a day, warriors get tiresome. Some warriors like Ravagerx are very skilled in getting kills over a long time, but that period of time for mages could be doubled the kills. I'll say this once more. Buff tha hell outta warriors, they need more damage, and nobody start saying "omg they already have like 750 damage" , cuz thats VERY few warriors... I see warriors running around with under 350 dmg and they have decent gear. This is absolutely trash now. I'd say give warriors some more damage... asap @ Stat.
    Too many ifs mate, too many wishes, too vast a difference from what you state in your original post. Furthermore some of what you say makes me think that you were actually too lazy too read what I had written.

Anyway to summarize from your own words:

1. You really do not want to farm, because you are too rich and 300 k gold for a chest does not appeal to you.
    2. If you do run, although you dont really want to because profit s too low, you want to run in a maxed out party and that is it.
    3. The everything that is not maxed out is not good enough for you
    4. You imply that you would not run with parties with people with gear similar to mine (all myth, whithout arcane ring)

--> The conclusion drawn from the above: You want to be needed as a warrior by the statistically negligible less than 1% of the total game population, which admittedly truly does not need a war, thus making finding a party of your "equals" an optimistic endeavor at best and hence your frustration. If you do think about it again you will see that the problem is, as previously said, how powerful the max gear and you own hubris. The latter being the easier one to fix than the former.

P.S. I do agree that thanks need some tweaking dont get me wrong. Your case however is an extremity and is not generally applicable to the game and the current state of the warrior class.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

The solution is so simple: bring elite timer in tomb back, and tank will revive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    Two of our best main tanks gave up, sold all their gear and switched to rogue. If you can't beat them, join them!

I've been thinking about quitting my 33 maxed out tank too. I'm not even close to mythic rogues. Just can't kill 1v1 anymore. GG
    IMHO the problem in vs with rogue is their packs. It gives too much hp back to them so other class can't get through that all before it's Cd back.

Or the rogue class itself is wrong. They have everything. Crit, dmg, armor, hp, heal, and now even mana and shield. Xp
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Rogues need survivability nerf. 4 rouges should get wiped constantly in elite maps.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Thats why i gave up my warrior i almost delete it:/... and now i have lvl 25 rogue trying to lvl up to 41:,(

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

This has got to be the 5th + thread about this issue...I agree STS please respond and tell us you will work on it, it doesen't matter if it takes 1-2 months as long as you tell us you will do it

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Yumisa View Post
    This has got to be the 5th + thread about this issue...I agree STS please respond and tell us you will work on it, it doesen't matter if it takes 1-2 months as long as you tell us you will do it
    Exactly!!! We know it will take a while, and thats okay, just make us useful again, we shouldnt have to make a new class, and dump the other.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I'm a warrior, I will always be a warrior, I will never give up my warrior just to make things easier, like switching to a rogue or begging for gold.

Warrior Proud!

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Zaizor View Post
    I'm a warrior, I will always be a warrior, I will never give up my warrior just to make things easier, like switching to a rogue or begging for gold.

Warrior Proud!
    Yes! Stay strong! If STS doesnt make warriors buffed or useful in any way this expansion, then I will personaly have a grudge. Legit... NO tanks (PvE spec) have been running Gauntlet this week, due to them slowing the WHOLE pt down. even mages being left out, all they need is 3 rogues, 1 mage, few min.. Warriors just log on, check market, sell greens in invo. Then just sit for 2m then wonder why they logged on, get bored AS HELL!!! and then log off and bad mouth the game to their friends.. STS is digging their own grave.. Let's see how deep it will be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Us tanks aren't homeless.... Some of us live in high end vacation homes outside of kragg in the upper East side...we sit and talk to other tanks and reminisce about our glory days, sit and count our gold, pop locks and shine our swords, we just sit and wait till the day we're needed again... We keep hearing the mages say they need a buff... Since sts isn't buffing the mages, some of us Warriors are talking about putting together a gym for the tiny blue warriors, so we can pump them up and get them buffed..... As we are a private organization with no corporate funding, the gym memberships will be costly but we'll worth it....

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oxon For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Tanks... Even if we are maxed gear and skilled to the bone... We're still useless. I know someone who has planar pendant, singe, 8k hp, and all that, yet they cant find a pt for PT3.
    STS , right now tanks are bare useless, I know some tanks will quit PvE forever . Please!!! PLEAAASE! we beg you... in the new expansion... Think LONG and HARD, make this last expansion count... Don't make tanks extinct! The fact that tanks are as useful as toilet water... Atleast toilet water can save you when there's no water in the house and you're dying of dehydration.. Tanks are so left out.. I dont see any active Mods and Dev's as warrior.. maybe this means somthin :/
    PRODUCTOR is a tank

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I disagree with the OP's premise. I like running with tanks and they are not useless to the majority of the rouges and mages in the game. Most of us have neither 5k hp, nor unlimited ankhs. And we don't mind if a run is a couple minutes slower provided that it's as smooth as it should be with an actual tank in party.

And by the way, it's not about gear at all. A few of my go-to tanks run with pink weapons, have no arcane pets, and yet they do an amazing job of tanking both mobs and bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

That toilet water part made my day XDDD

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Arachnophobik View Post
    That toilet water part made my day XDDD
    Hehehe, Tanks... So 2014 Zzz

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    PRODUCTOR is a tank
    Producter Never plays... Ever.. He goes on for social reasons, he doesnt actually test and run like Remi, Seo, and Delph (used to).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Producter Never plays... Ever.. He goes on for social reasons, he doesnt actually test and run like Remi, Seo, and Delph (used to).
    TANKS NEED HELP...NO VIRTUAL POVERTY!"

love for tanks...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

I don't belong to the 1% minority of maxed out hybrid warriorogue and I still run tombs and arena with warriors. True, these aren't maxed out warriors but they have mythic weapons and arcane pets. These warriors don't wait for 45 minutes hoping to party with arcane ringed, imbued geared pt. When I pm them "T3?" they replied "inv" and we spent 45 minutes doing 3-4 runs and had a good time; they helped me save a few ankhs, I helped them get loot, we log off happy and everybody spared having to lounge around cities getting fat while their gear gathers a patina of rust. Sometimes it's the other way around. They invite me to pt along with a bunch of other active, avid, experienced planar tomb farmers, and off we go. I think I speak for a huge number of rogues who, while perfectly able to run in tankless party, still appreciate the less nerve-wracking runs with warrior in party. The only problem I had when I run planar tomb with warrior is when they, mythic para-gemmed bonesaw and arcane pets notwithstanding, are clueless about their job. Those who said they would park giants and made a shoddy job of it, who abused Kelvin's aa indiscriminately, etc. I've left one such broken party and have some warriors on a personal blacklist. But most of the times I'm fine running with warriors.

I agree some delicate adjustment of warrior impact in party may be in order. But meanwhile IMO a shift in attitude may help as well, if runs are what warriors look for.

My two cents.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    I don't belong to the 1% minority of maxed out hybrid warriorogue and I still run tombs and arena with warriors. True, these aren't maxed out warriors but they have mythic weapons and arcane pets. These warriors don't wait for 45 minutes hoping to party with arcane ringed, imbued geared pt. When I pm them "T3?" they replied "inv" and we spent 45 minutes doing 3-4 runs and had a good time; they helped me save a few ankhs, I helped them get loot, we log off happy and everybody spared having to lounge around cities getting fat while their gear gathers a patina of rust. Sometimes it's the other way around. They invite me to pt along with a bunch of other active, avid, experienced planar tomb farmers, and off we go. I think I speak for a huge number of rogues who, while perfectly able to run in tankless party, still appreciate the less nerve-wracking runs with warrior in party. The only problem I had when I run planar tomb with warrior is when they, mythic para-gemmed bonesaw and arcane pets notwithstanding, are clueless about their job. Those who said they would park giants and made a shoddy job of it, who abused Kelvin's aa indiscriminately, etc. I've left one such broken party and have some warriors on a personal blacklist. But most of the times I'm fine running with warriors.

I agree some delicate adjustment of warrior impact in party may be in order. But meanwhile IMO a shift in attitude may help as well, if runs are what warriors look for.

My two cents.
    Keep your 2 cents. Because in this economy, you'll need it. The market is going "DOWN , under da sea" . Idk wether I should be worried, scared, or sorry , and just quit now, or suffer the wait and tempation to go online and atleast merch, but then realize there's nothing to merch, due the economy being as low as some people's standards. This game is falling apart, lets start patching it up, the process is probably like a injury. I will make a thread of this to show what I mean,

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Overweightank For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I always love having a tank in my pt. Anyone that shouts I don't want a tank is absolutely wrong a tank is always welcome in my pt. If you need pt pm me in game ign ladynifft. Your always welcome.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Buff our skills, especially Vengeful Blood, Juggernaut, as well as the offensive ones, Chest Splitter, Skyward Smash, Whirlwind, Ax. Give us a bump on our gear stats, the better the gear, the better the update tweak, white junk < green normal < blue epics < pink legendary < orange mythic < red arcane and make the warrior's speed 5-10% faster, permanently. It's a start.