Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rstilzchen View Post
    As a mage, I don’t like the new gems. 15 armor, 60 armor and even 120 armor, considering the respective losses of other characteristics, won’t help to the mage class. Such amount of armor will not protect us while eye gems build at least allows to kill. If grind this idea properly, we may get something good, but simple and obvious way is missing. Anyway I don’t see nothing bad if I will have one more thing worth 15k for sale from arena.
    Yh, but the 20% damage/hit chance reduction mean something.
    We just hope that the proc chance is hight.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Default Arena Chest Gem Unveil/Discussion

Add armor +dodge

3.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #63
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

some good and interesting points. I'll go back to the drawing board and see what I can play with to make it a little more attractive for every class

Thanks guys
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carapace For This Useful Post:

5.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #64
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

So based on feedback I'm hearing I want to propose these changes. The idea behind these gems is to provide a debuff that helps a team in PvE/PvP, and not so much a single character buff. Splitting the procs out based on class gives each class a purpose in having the proc gem as the only way to acquire that debuff is to have that class in the group. Here are some related thoughts based on feedback I read in this thread.

I originally intended for these to be level 40/41 only as was previously mentioned, however that does not work in our current system. As a level 41 person I can socket that gem into a level 15 weapon and sell it on the Consignment Shop and all hell breaks loose, so the more intelligent approach is that of scaling based on level for everyone.

Owning/socketing multiple gems into gear of the same type adding additional stats of relevance does work, but only when it comes to personal statistics. When the debuff is applied to a target it's a different story, and unfortunately does not apply in that form.

With this in mind, I'm proposing these changes:

The INT/DEX/STR stat will remain the same. However the Armor value will appropriately scale starting from (5 +.2*level) on a normal gem, and (8+ .33*level) on a super gem. Remember that the level is attached to the item level. Some examples using Dex.

Level 2:
    Normal Gem: 1 Dex, 5 Armor
    Super Gem: 1 Dex, 9 Armor

Level 11:
    Normal Gem: 2 Dex, 7 Armor
    Super Gem: 2 Dex, 12 Armor

level 21:
    Normal Gem: 2 Dex, 9 Armor
    Super Gem: 3 Dex, 15 Armor

level 31:
    Normal Gem: 3 Dex, 11 Armor
    Super Gem: 3 Dex, 18 Armor

Level 41:
    Normal Gem: 3 Dex, 13 Armor
    Super Gem: 4 Dex, 22 Armor

The procs per class would be as follows, and now would apply to PvP as well as PvE:

Rogue:
    3.5% chance to doing damage (This includes dots) to reduce enemy hit by 15% for 6.5 seconds

Sorcerer:
    3.5% chance on doing damage (this includes dots) to reduce chance to Crit by 6.5% for 6.5 seconds

Warrior:
    3.5% Chance on doing damage (this includes dots) to reduce armor by 8% for 6.5 seconds

- Note that Maridos reduces armor by 15%, so this keeps him special without giving too much to Warriors. These are powerful debuffs, especially in PvE and obviously useful in PvP.
    Last edited by Carapace; 02-02-2015 at 01:07 PM.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carapace View Post
    some good and interesting points. I'll go back to the drawing board and see what I can play with to make it a little more attractive for every class

Thanks guys
    Why not increase the value by 0.20 or something around for each level add up.
    Level 1: 0.20 armor + 1 primary stat / super gem of 0.25 armor and 1 primary stat
    Level 2: 0.40 armor + 1 primary stat / super gem of 0.50 armor and 1 primary stat
    Level 3: 0.60 armor + 1 primary stat / super gem of 0.75 armor and 1 primary stat
    And so on...
    If this mechanism being implemented I don't think will affect twink zone at all. And high level 40/41 will self gain the armor power based on their gears level.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

So based on feedback I'm hearing I want to propose these changes. The idea behind these gems is to provide a debuff that helps a team in PvE/PvP, and not so much a single character buff. Splitting the procs out based on class gives each class a purpose in having the proc gem as the only way to acquire that debuff is to have that class in the group. Here are some related thoughts based on feedback I read in this thread.

I originally intended for these to be level 40/41 only as was previously mentioned, however that does not work in our current system. As a level 41 person I can socket that gem into a level 15 weapon and sell it on the Consignment Shop and all hell breaks loose, so the more intelligent approach is that of scaling based on level for everyone.

Owning/socketing multiple gems into gear of the same type adding additional stats of relevance does work, but only when it comes to personal statistics. When the debuff is applied to a target it's a different story, and unfortunately does not apply in that form.

The INT/DEX/STR stat will remain the same. However the Armor value will appropriately scale starting from (5 +.2*level) on a normal gem, and (8+ .33*level) on a super gem. Remember that the level is attached to the item level. Some examples using Dex.

Level 2:

Level 11:

level 21:

level 31:

Level 41:

The procs per class would be as follows, and now would apply to PvP as well as PvE:

Rogue:
    3.5% chance to doing damage (This includes dots) to reduce enemy hit by 15% for 6.5 seconds

Sorcerer:
    3.5% chance on doing damage (this includes dots) to reduce chance to Crit by 6.5% for 6.5 seconds

Warrior:
    3.5% Chance on doing damage (this includes dots) to reduce armor by 8% for 6.5 seconds

- Note that Maridos reduces armor by 15%, so this keeps him special without giving too much to Warriors. These are powerful debuffs, especially in PvE and obviously useful in PvP.
    Maridos reduces armor by 20%, Cara. Most mythic level pets reduce armor by 15% so perhaps change it to a different variable for warrior? Perhaps chance to reduce speed?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Level 2:

Level 11:

level 21:

level 31:

Level 41:

Rogue:

Sorcerer:

Warrior:

Cara the problem here is NOT the high level. The real problem is twinks DO NOT NEED more armor as it is already out of control. If a team of 4 struggles to kill warrior for 15/20 minutes at level 7/8/9/10 then that is not normal at all. All these new pets with insane stats, insane armor already biased the twink zone in favour of warriors. More armor will simply make them king of the hill. And it's not fun at low level pvp where no body dies for nearly 20/30 minutes.
    Recently I made a warrior at level 10 and the armour base I'm seeing is incredible. Around 700 armor for a warrior level 10 is NOT NORMAL. Please do something about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Don't really care too much for these... Was really hoping that our many many suggestions to add Para gems to the arena would be heard
    :-(
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

This should still be for lvl 40/41 and only be able to gem items with lvl 40+. Again, this is only farmable in Arena which is already only available for those lvl 40+.

Level 2:

Level 11:

level 21:

level 31:

Level 41:

Rogue:

Sorcerer:

Warrior:

The suggested idea are great, but leave lvl 40 and under out. Twinks are already OP as it is. (Response are in bold)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm so confused to much gems

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mysteriovs For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    Any other idea beside 'dont want it'?

2% chance still does not make a difference, just like on skull gems.
    Anything new that is about to come out doesn't have to be OVERPOWER. It was meant to be another option (to utilize certain items, armor, helm....etc.) in your characters build.

There's a lot of people who can't have everything Arcane or Mythic. This is just another options for those people.

Why do most people always assumed that it has to be OVERPOWER to use???

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #72
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Maridos reduces armor by 20%, Cara. Most mythic level pets reduce armor by 15% so perhaps change it to a different variable for warrior? Perhaps chance to reduce speed?
    The question of course is which debuff would be valued enough that it is worth having a warrior in the party moreso than now in the end game? My thought was armor reduction, but I'm open to others. Speed seems a bit lackluster by comparison.

Good correction
    | | | |

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #73
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    The suggested idea are great, but leave lvl 40 and under out. Twinks are already OP as it is. (Response are in bold)
    Unfortunately it's a technical restraint as things currently are, so it can't be so
    | | | |

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The question of course is which debuff would be valued enough that it is worth having a warrior in the party moreso than now in the end game? My thought was armor reduction, but I'm open to others. Speed seems a bit lackluster by comparison.

Good correction
    What about creating an exception to allow this proc to stack with other armor debuffs w/ a limit to stack w/ only the highest debuff and it could only stack once.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #75
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    What about creating an exception to allow this proc to stack with other armor debuffs w/ a limit to stack w/ only the highest debuff and it could only stack once.
    mmm the only way this could be achieved would be a level bracket break out of flat armor reduced amount which is more than troublesome. IE the idea that when applied it reduced armor 100 points, which could then stack a bunch. Currently not possible the way you have described it I'm afraid.
    | | | |

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Cara. I know u guys propose something to be good and last long. But about this NEW GEM will completely destroy twink zones. There's already too much armour to handle. If u don't mind then u guys can test yourself about the highest amount of armour one can get at level 10/11/12. As far as I remember 1k armour us d to be op at level 21 but now those 1k armour is coming down to level 12/13. Isn't that a BIT TOO MUCH stat?
    From ur proposed gem one can get 120 armour just from gems. So basically a warrior low level will have:
    A shield weapon with massive armor
    Helm and armor with intensive armor within themselves
    Ring like winter or goblin with massive armor boost
    Amulet with better stat and armor
    Pets like abbadon, little bear, maridos, frist.... With massive armor and stat boost again.
    So basically for warriors there r armors everywhere. And then comes the new gem with more armour.
    This is going out of controlllllllllll.
    Last edited by davidvilla; 02-02-2015 at 02:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

How about stacking when there are say 3 warrior on team and they all have arena gem, chances are kinda low but it will happen so does the proc of -8% armor stack? (Coming from diff source)

Aoe skills - so the proc works as long as they damage somebody right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Is posible to look again on chance on proc at warrior gem please? Every class has the same chance and include DoT, however warriors don´t have DoTs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    203 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davidvilla View Post
    Cara. I know u guys propose something to be good and last long. But about this NEW GEM will completely destroy twink zones. There's already too much armour to handle. If u don't mind then u guys can test yourself about the highest amount of armour one can get at level 10/11/12. As far as I remember 1k armour us d to be op at level 21 but now those 1k armour is coming down to level 12/13. Isn't that a BIT TOO MUCH stat?
    From ur proposed gem one can get 120 armour just from gems. So basically a warrior low level will have:
    A shield weapon with massive armor
    Helm and armor with intensive armor within themselves
    Ring like winter fare or goblin with massive armor boost
    Amulet with better stat and armor
    Pets like abbadon, little bear, maridos, frist.... With massive armor and stat boost again.
    So basically for warriors there r armors everywhere. And then comes the new gem with more armour.
    This is going out of controlllllllllll.
    Armor is tricky and imo armor does not ruin or wont have big effects on low lvl bracket.

+/- 10-60 armor only decrease or increase your damage by about 4-10. From observation on lvl 13

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by epicrrr View Post
    Armor is tricky and imo armor does not ruin or wont have big effects on low lvl bracket.

+/- 10-60 armor only decrease or increase your damage by about 4-10. From observation on lvl 13
    Don't u get it warriors already dominating the low level pvp! With more armor being added up it will more more stressful to penetrate those armors and deliver damage
    Remember, not all rogues open armor reduction on aim. At level 10 they r just tight with handful of skill points where they can't even open reduction.