Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't play many time a game...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    All it means is she needs glasses. If I recall, I was 10 years old when I first got glasses for nearsightedness, and that had nothing to do with playing games. Tablets weren't even invented yet.

You can't blame gaming for a naturally occurring condition that affects a huge percentage of the population. Besides which, at 10 years old, no child should be spending hours a day looking at a screen and playing games. Where are the parents?

As you see, this is a condition caused by the body's design, not something that can be acquired by playing games.
    Usually myopia can be caused by doing or a work which consists of close eye contact. Even a close range reading affects the eyes focus muscles thereby shortening its capabilities of adjusting the long range distance reading of the eyes. Mybmom and dad have myopia. My mother got it as she loves alot of books and usually closely read it. Also reading in the dim light as well as affects the eyes. My dad got it due to closely reading emails on his I4 S.

And if anyone who plays for hours i recommend - in fact it is recommended to take a 15min break every hour of doing any activities like gaming,t.v etc.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rx8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

You can't get myopia from looking at a screen, you are born with it and it develops over time. Playing games or watching tv doesn't hurt your eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    You can't get myopia from looking at a screen, you are born with it and it develops over time. Playing games or watching tv doesn't hurt your eyes.
    Do me a favor. play AL or some other game for 5 days for more than 12hours no break. Then post hete n GG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cami View Post
    Well our doctor says us that she is myope because she played very close to the tablet :/
    It is problem of ur parents, bc they allowed their child to play so much time. Its not a dev's problem. I play al much time and have no any problems with my sight.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Castellann For This Useful Post:

Rx8

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rx8 View Post
    Usually myopia can be caused by doing or a work which consists of close eye contact. Even a close range reading affects the eyes focus muscles thereby shortening its capabilities of adjusting the long range distance reading of the eyes. Mybmom and dad have myopia. My mother got it as she loves alot of books and usually closely read it. Also reading in the dim light as well as affects the eyes. My dad got it due to closely reading emails on his I4 S.

And if anyone who plays for hours i recommend - in fact it is recommended to take a 15min break every hour of doing any activities like gaming,t.v etc.
    Since there are no doctors present, let's assume this is the case. However, the person in question is 10 years old - an age where it should be impossible for someone to be so obsessive that they do any one thing enough to cause permenant damage.

If this did happen to a 10 year old, it is the parents who are fully to blame for allowing a child to play on a screen for hours a day, not the company who makes a video game. This game does not even allow children to play, as per the terms of service.

People are more at risk of repetitive strain or carpal tunnel syndrome than they are of damaging their eyes. I developed permanent RSI at the age of 17 and had to give up a full university scholarship because of it. That was nothing to do with video games, but is an example that if you do anything too much, you can hurt yourself.

The advice of a 15-20 minute break for each hour of doing any repetitive task is medically sound, but is mostly for preventing or postponing physical damage.
    Last edited by Serancha; 02-03-2015 at 03:45 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Do me a favor. play AL or some other game for 5 days for more than 12hours no break. Then post hete n GG
    If you that you are serius addicet and you need help.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    If you that you are serius addicet and you need help.
    Excuse me, this was a ridiculous post. Read the person's quote to which i actually replied. Maybe you need more consultation than i do. I dont need help, my eyes are totally fine 20/20 was my test last week ago. Want me to send you scan copy of my report then? what i was doing was telling gumball300.

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    --Is that what he was saying was about the Genetic myopia, Those were obtained in-cases where both the parents or a single parent, if a single parent then that would mostly depend on the child's gender + the behavior. On the other hand, the current case of Cami's sister was that she had unbelievable liberty which was her parents fault, and ultimately she ended up with a disturbed vision. There are other ways like playing games for longer hours with no break with close/normal contact can also affect your eye vision. I only play AL whenever i am bored of programming, you can also PM Stelo. Even the game's ToS had mentioned that this game may as well not be for children, As also mentioned by Serancha above.

Also most of the time, games are meant for your entertainment, they are like giving you a break.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Excuse me, this was a ridiculous post. Read the person's quote to which i actually replied. Maybe you need more consultation than i do. I dont need help, my eyes are totally fine 20/20 was my test last week ago. Want me to send you scan copy of my report then? what i was doing was telling gumball300.
    anyway playing a game so long is never healthy even if you ask him to do and someone did about this post bla bla bla i dont get it but bla you are addicted if you play so long.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nevercan View Post
    anyway playing a game so long is never healthy even if you ask him to do and someone did about this post bla bla bla i dont get it but bla you are addicted if you play so long.
    SIGH, looks like your locked-on. And if you cant understand me, google translate exists at the bottom of this page. Use it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

I got myopi not because of gaming dude, I read books, many books, in minimum light place. That's how I get myopi.

And also, myopi is genetic 'illness'.

sent by a nab using tapasucks
    R E T I R E D

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    275 Posts

SO after asking the ACTUAL DOCTOR i have, atleast in my case i heard that my dad has so bad eyes that i got it from him. (He is basically blind lol) and i got it from him.
    So basically, according to my eye-DOCTOR or whatever those guys that does sight-checks are called.
    its inherited, but can worsen, mainly by growing (wich is propably a 10-year Olds case) and not alot,but not having alot of light and staring at screens will not make it better at ALL, because of the eyes being tired, wich will not cause permanent damage,Only worsening for a short while, unless its Done DAILY for long time periods.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

play at the plate , but do not affect the long front of everyone. It can not be myopia .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

True.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

You know, anyone who can play AL for even 12 hours straight, has problems.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I appreciate what are you trying to do, but i have been playing any kind of videogames since i was little and i have gone ti do some check ups about my sight and i have a quite good sight, myopia is an illness cause my genes or some other stuff, playing a lot with your devices real close can make your eyes fatige a lot not myopia.
    Retired player of PL (2010-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

You need to be 13 to play PL. Your parents should be watching her better and knowing what she is playing and for how long she is playing.

She also was prob playing the iPad close to her face CUZ SHE COULDNT SEE!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    You need to be 13 to play PL. Your parents should be watching her better and knowing what she is playing and for how long she is playing.

And it's 17+ for DL lol...

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Thats what I do.

Why should I say I'll have strangers come over to my house!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post

I see people younger than 13 playing and they just get criticized by older players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    223 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Armourslash View Post
    I see people younger than 13 playing and they just get criticized by older players.
    I'm one of the criticizers, honestly. Lel...