Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huge crafting glitch/scam

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drewcapu View Post
    There should already be different descriptions when you "preview" the item, right?
    No, the descriptions are exactly the same (pics in op). So far the only way I have been able to tell is by using the stash or the crafting checklist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

If I understand, what you are pointing out is that recipes and items look the same in trade? But recipes are level 1 and the item the recipe is for is higher than that.

But I agree. It is too easy to scam someone by claiming to be selling an item when you are really selling a recipe (that will require many other pieces and some sort of gem).

Maybe they can make it easier to differentiate the items in trade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Well, no one scammed me but I did buy some items in the store like you guys are talking about....Thought I was getting a basic 1hand sword but it was just the recipe.....there definitely should be some kind of designation or description change so you can tell these apart in the CS.....After I read the thread, I went to forge in BS and told him I wanted to craft an item that required a 1hand sword and it didn't show as a checked item......so I told him I wanted to craft a basic 1hand sword and the box for the recipe was checked off....that's how I knew I had bought the recipe.....:-(
    "All is fair in love and war, but remember, this is just a game"

IGN CowboyJim lvl 100 Bear, Juraviel lvl 100 Mage, CowboyJimArch lvl 100 Dex Bird, Cowboytwink lvl 22 Bird, duckorcroak lvl 10 bird
    SL Juraviel lvl 40 Engineer DL Juraviel lvl 21 AL CowboyJim lvl 21 Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    If I understand, what you are pointing out is that recipes and items look the same in trade? But recipes are level 1 and the item the recipe is for is higher than that.

But I agree. It is too easy to scam someone by claiming to be selling an item when you are really selling a recipe (that will require many other pieces and some sort of gem).

Maybe they can make it easier to differentiate the items in trade.
    Unfortunately the item and the recipe both show as level 1 so as far as I can tell there's no way to differentiate them.
    PL: Arazoro [76] ranger | Noerbert [76] archer | Zeanaca [76] sorceress | Arbert [76] warrior
    AL: Teamar [22] rogue | Barimar [21] sorcerer | Guark [21] warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm also concerned about the Basic Magic Wand from your example. I couldn't see any of the lvl 55 pink recipes that actually used it as a crafting component. They all use the basic magicians staff as components, even the wands.

If this was a glitch that will later or if both ways of ramping up the premium wood are meant to be equivalent that would be good to know before crafting the raws into intermediates. As it is, the basic wand intermediate seems to be a dead end for the 55's.
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe I didn't say it clearly :

Your screen shot for the level 55 pink craftable doesn't show that you don't have a Basic Magician's Wand, it shows that you don't have two Basic Magician's Staffs.

Your point about the recipe scamming is good, but your screenshot, and everything I looked at in game, show that the Basic Magician's Wand isn't a usable component on the level 55 recipes, which is another issue.

A E O

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xymorg View Post
    Maybe I didn't say it clearly :

Your screen shot for the level 55 pink craftable doesn't show that you don't have a Basic Magician's Wand, it shows that you don't have two Basic Magician's Staffs.

Your point about the recipe scamming is good, but your screenshot, and everything I looked at in game, show that the Basic Magician's Wand isn't a usable component on the level 55 recipes, which is another issue.
    I didn't have a Basic Magician's Staff, which was my point, I only had the recipe. The example you are looking for is in the other screenshots (example 2) where I have a Basic Wing Shield and a Basic Wing Shield (recipe), only one shows up as checked off because only one is an actual crafting material while the other is a recipe.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    I didn't have a Basic Magician's Staff, which was my point, I only had the recipe. The example you are looking for is in the other screenshots (example 2) where I have a Basic Wing Shield and a Basic Wing Shield (recipe), only one shows up as checked off because only one is an actual crafting material while the other is a recipe.
    Yes, I follow the point on the recipe & item being indistinguishable from each other in most cases. It's a good point.

The screen shots in example 1 show that the recipe you got was for a Basic Magicians Wand, not a Basic Magicians Staff like the recipe for the lvl 55 gem star wand calls for two units of. It's confusing that the wand recipe uses basic staffs & there doesn't seem to be any lvl 55 pink recipes that use the Basic Magicians Wand as a component.

Making wood into wands is apparently a waste unless the basic wand & basic staff are interchangeable, in which case I apologize for the confusion.

A E O

ELITE
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    143 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xymorg View Post
    It's confusing that the wand recipe uses basic staffs & there doesn't seem to be any lvl 55 pink recipes that use the Basic Magicians Wand as a component.

Making wood into wands is apparently a waste unless the basic wand & basic staff are interchangeable, in which case I apologize for the confusion.
    Your point is very valid, out of all of the level 55 wands that can be created none of them seem to use Basic Magician's Wand only Staff, making the Wand indeed useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gluttony View Post
    Your point is very valid, out of all of the level 55 wands that can be created none of them seem to use Basic Magician's Wand only Staff, making the Wand indeed useless.
    I imagine this is a mistake - I would report it. Another interesting thing is the Chain Mail Scrap given by the Daily Quest "Kidnapped" in Balefort Sewers. You can craft the Scraps into a Fine Chain piece, but there is no weapon nor armor that uses it after that. I hope this is just something they're adding...

- Adam

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The confusion between recipes and items seems to be fixed since the latest patch. Can anyone else confirm this?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, im gonna TOTALLY do this. But thanks for info. It really helped cuz im like WHY ISNT IT MAKING ME CRAFT LV.15 MAGE Stuff for my mage. I have ALL materials. But I bought some stuff from C.S. but THANKS A LOT
    Arcanastorm 54 Bird
    CosmosJ 55 Mega Mage (In need of Lv55 MM Bracer)
    Balkyor 15 Bear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This glitch was driving me nuts actually.... Rly lame

http://i1181.photobucket.com/albums/...n/58a7d0d5.jpg
    SHAULY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    SHAULY

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanahasabumrash View Post
    Wow, im gonna TOTALLY do this. But thanks for info. It really helped cuz im like WHY ISNT IT MAKING ME CRAFT LV.15 MAGE Stuff for my mage. I have ALL materials. But I bought some stuff from C.S. but THANKS A LOT
    You only THINK you have all the materials. You also have to have a recipe, which is a single-use item that can only be found as a rare drop from a boss in Forest Haven. Many people think all they need is gem, thread, and panels, but there is actually one more checkbox there, for the recipe. And recipes are very rare.