Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Exclusive vanities being given out which you unfairly cannot get.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raregem View Post
    I am truly sadden to see people complaining about a 100% player driven contest. Kali spent who knows how many hours building a website and months planning to bring a great thing to this community. Not to mention the manual "labor" and man hours it has taken to record thousands of SS.

It was announced 12 days before the contest even started that there would be a special prize from STS http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=1#post2016034 it is big red lettering. If you choose not to read the thread and then to ignore the first weeks thread that is on the person.

The vanity should not be trade-able either this is not a run for profit, but for a love of PVE and participating as a community. Don't go putting a sour taste in everyone's mouth because you couldn't be bothered to read and take part.
    I enjoy all the kalizza work, and glad to see more that kind of contests, but a exclusive prize wasn't announced when event start, i check daily the forum.

STS not make a official thread about the prize to participe in kalizza contest, and now its impossible to earn a priceless vanity.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    It is different in this regard:

1. The first statement from STG was STG said no to such prizes. This changed later on.
    2. Extravaganza prize was a bonus and kept from participants until the contest was ended so people did not just participate for the sake of a vanity and thus, having many junk video entries.
    3. Tour prize reward was announced in week 2 and effectively locks in all current participants while leaving others out.

So, if the tour prize was announced after without participants knowing, then it would be similar. One cannot compare the two contests.
    Was announced from the very begining that there would be an STS prize.

As someone said, that could be an egg, a banner or a vanity.

People knew from the begining that they have some kind of garanteed reward.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ueveotadeo View Post
    Was announced from the very begining that there would be an STS prize.

As someone said, that could be an egg, a banner or a vanity.

People knew from the begining that they have some kind of garanteed reward.
    From what I know - it was requested and the first answer was no. This was changed later on.

Again, I think people are confusing my intent for my posts. I have nothing to argue about the rewards for the Tour contest. Instead, I'm explaining reasoning. So, going forward, I think STG should take into suggestion my note in post #60.
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-20-2015 at 01:04 PM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

Whining about banners and vanities in this game is beyond ridiculous. Every single vanity/banner released and there is always a group of people who will come up with some heart breaking story how this is unfair, that is unfair, vanity is ugly, banner has I on it and so on and so forth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

You guys blind?

ITS NOT AN STS CONTEST!!!!!!!
    So what, if sts gave away prizes then it should have been announced by them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

From what I know - it was requested and the first answer was no. This was changed later on.
    Correct, first answer was a NO to banner, but people didnt knew that untill now.

But before week 1 started, Kali posted that there was going to be some special prize from STS.

So again, you could expect an egg, vanity or banner.

Deciding if I should tell your mother I sent you to an army school.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    58 Posts

I knew someone was gonna post a thread like this sooner or later. It was clearly stated that a special prize was going to be given out to those who completed all 4 weeks.
    Its your fault that u did not want to run, most of us who ran this contest ran for fun, as we did not even know ourselves we would get it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Correct, first answer was a NO to banner, but people didnt knew that untill now.

But before week 1 started, Kali posted that there was going to be some special prize from STS.

So again, you could expect an egg, vanity or banner.
    So people are expected to pay attention after the first answer was no? Interest was already lost after there was said to be an exclusive reward and then later on, dismissed. How are people supposed to know to follow up?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Again, I think people are confusing my intent for my posts. I have nothing to argue about the rewards for the Tour contest. Instead, I'm explaining reasoning. So, going forward, I think STG should take into suggestion my note in post #60.
    A reply was a NO for a banner, cause of lack of man power...check your sources
    In any case I do not remember myself complaining for pvp Banner i did not recieve for PVP contest I did NOT participated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

So people are expected to pay attention after the first answer was no? Interest was already lost after there was said to be an exclusive reward and then later on, dismissed. How are people supposed to know to follow up?
    No only that but you had to read all the posts in the thread to see that kaliza mentions it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starkinea View Post
    A reply was a NO for a banner, cause of lack of man power...check your sources
    In any case I do not remember myself complaining for pvp Banner i did not recieve for PVP contest I did NOT participated
    Yes, the reply was NO for a banner because of lack of manpower. From that point on, people are expected to follow up on Kali's contest to see if there's any more updates? PvP banner was earned - it wasn't given through participation.

Again, I'll repeat. All I am asking is in the future, for exclusive STG rewards, do it properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

People never knew the first answer was a no. Just event organizers, till now at least.

As I said, before first week started Kali posted that we could expect a special prize from STS.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

People never knew the first answer was a no. Just event organizers, till now at least.

As I said, before first week started Kali posted that we could expect a special prize from STS.
    I was not an event organizer yet I knew the first answer was no.

I think you have mistaken my stance on the matter. I am not requesting to make change on existing rewards - I am saying for STG to announce it in a manner where one does not have to subscribe to a particular player's posts. That's where the error happened and something that should be addressed in future contests with STG exclusive rewards.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts

Yes, the reply was NO for a banner because of lack of manpower. From that point on, people are expected to follow up on Kali's contest to see if there's any more updates?

PvP banner was earned - it wasn't given through participation.
    This vanity is earned for a month long contest, not for all participants
    And yes, you should follow, i think you have more than enough friends in game who told you about the prize, and yet you chose to disregard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

This all seems kind of silly. If you chose not to participate then it is kind of your doing. Count your blessings.

Name:  tumblr_msxwuo16zj1s3jc8so1_500.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  54.6 KB

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Petrichor For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

I was not an event organizer yet I knew the first answer was no.

I think you have mistaken my stance on the matter. I am not requesting to make change on existing rewards - I am saying for STG to announce it in a manner where one does not have to subscribe to a particular player's posts. That's where the error happened and something that should be addressed in future contests with STG exclusive rewards.
    i think STS should change the special prize for a mythic egg, and keep that vanitys to next gauntlet OFFICIAL content
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Starkinea View Post
    This vanity is earned for a month long contest, not for all participants
    And yes, you should follow, i think you have more than enough friends in game who told you about the prize, and yet you chose to disregard
    I actually had no one tell me until the vanities became public. That's how I found out. I'm in many line groups with ER, Enigmatic, and other players as well. I read all of the line archives as well so...This vanity is earned for participation in all four weeks, as GoodSyntax has stated. The PvP banner is earned by beating all participants in the tournament. There is a difference.

Again, I do not know how many times I need to repeat this sentence: I am not asking for anything to be done about Tour rewards. I am asking for STG to announce such contest prizes in a manner where one does not need to subscribe to a particular player's posts. I do not see any reason why me and you should have disagreement on this.
    Last edited by Zeus; 02-20-2015 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  24.1 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

1. The first statement from STG was STG said no to such prizes. This changed later on.
    2. Extravaganza prize was a bonus and kept from participants until the contest was ended so people did not just participate for the sake of a vanity and thus, having many junk video entries.
    3. Tour prize reward was announced in week 2 and effectively locks in all current participants while leaving others out.

So, if the tour prize was announced after without participants knowing, then it would be similar. One cannot compare the two contests.

Note: I am just asking that if there are going to be exclusive STG rewards, have a STG employee post the contest and perhaps announce it in game as was done with tournaments in the past. The reality is most people are not even going to look at GoodSyntax's thread to try to discover if there's a cool prize. Why? He's a player and not a STG employee. I do not mean to be offensive to GoodSyntax. He holds my respect for running the contest. However, I am trying to bring to light why people would not even bother to look except PvE guilds that are associated or on friendly terms with ER.
    This is not a tournament and even with the PVP 13-15 twink 1v1 http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...post1836155STS gave platinum to the winners. They did not announce the player run tournament or that there would be a plat prize(correct me if I am wrong but I do not recall seeing any official announcement).

No one complained about it. So what's the difference here? That pvp guild are mad they didn't check the contest section? Is it because of what the prize is? I am baffled by the complaints. This is not the first time and hopefully not the last (which it may well be) time that sts will do something for player driven contests. To my knowledge they have never announced when they are contributing to a player sponsored contest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Note: I am just asking that if there are going to be exclusive STG rewards, have a STG employee post the contest and perhaps announce it in game as was done with tournaments in the past. The reality is most people are not even going to look at GoodSyntax's thread to try to discover if there's a cool prize. Why? He's a player and not a STG employee. I do not mean to be offensive to GoodSyntax. He holds my respect for running the contest. However, I am trying to bring to light why people would not even bother to look except PvE guilds that are associated or on friendly terms with ER.
    But this contest is open to everyone, for the last one you needed a screen recorder so some people didn't even have a chance at getting the vanity.