Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Exclusive vanities being given out which you unfairly cannot get.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Enter do not argue with trolls, you keep feeding them. (I don't mean u Kaliz) They have managed to completely derail this thread, which was mainly about how untimely this has been announced and overall how unfair I find this.

To the organiser I tell this, exclusive items are always of a great concern to everyone, especially the rich, not that i consider myself as one.

Kaliz you said you have given free runners a chance to get smth unique, and absolutely no-one wants to take that away from them.

Please lets get back to the point of this thread, smth that Zeus has also brought up, being that announcements of this magnitude should be made in advance by designated STS personel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grzena1982 View Post
    Enter do not argue with trolls, you keep feeding them. They have managed to completely derail this thread, which was mainly about how untimely this has been announced and overall how unfair I find this.

To the organiser I tell this, exclusive items are always of a great concern to everyone, especially the rich, not that i consider myself as one.

Kaliz you said you have given free runners a chance to get smth unique, and absolutely no-one wants to take that away from them.

Please lets get back to the point of this thread, smth that Zeus has also brought up, being that announcements of this magnitude should be made in advance by designated STS personel.
    This thread was never going to work
    Last edited by obee; 02-20-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    This thread was never on the rail buddy
    English is my second language, if you couldnt get the gist, i do apologise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Exclusive according to me means , that thing should be only available to the ones who really really earned it. So here in this case it should be as a token of gift and SHOULD be exclusive to those who wanted fun in elites/contest/unity (yup already mentioned,hate to repeat), and not to those who just want that exclusive thing and dont care about the main things-elites/contest.
    But as this game is going, everyone wants every info ahead of anyone else, or atleast at their leisure, and nothing like, wow cool great surprise, (idk why to give all things out , keep it surprise , no spoiler or else such things gonna happen, everyone wanting it to be announced first ...)
    And in my opinion STS shouldnt have announced it till end, and just gave it atlast as surprise...
    Last edited by GuardianTwo; 02-20-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Great.

So now we know that you already have everything, 35m is nothing to you, you are on top of every event, you are quick to point out your plat usage and that you will quit if you can't have your way...
    no, we're not saying that 35m is nothing for us. We are saying that we are not visiting contest sections because we are not interrested in player hosted contest.

At all STS event, everyone wants the vanities given by STS. The common sense is: If you're giving away something, make it available for all.

In this exact case, people who are not visiting contest section, for very obvious reasons (you're not the one creating exclusive items), are not given the chance to obtain an exclusive item because it was announced somewhere else then the usual announceemnt spots.

WHAT IF STS POSTS A NEW VANITY CONTEST FOR ARCANE LEGENDS IN STAR LEGENDS OFF-TOPIC SECTION? Who goes there? idk. Who will know? idk, oh well you missed it you should have visited the off-topic section of that abandonned game aww :c
    Well it's not the case, but that's pretty much how we see things. Yea, they hide events now... looks like hide and seek... then I'll go over sections of each game and check them daily so I can not miss any of their events. Yep, I have that much time to burn.

Well, conclusion:

It looks like this was meant to be given to a chosen player range: Only people who participate in Player contests. If this is the point, they are successful. I saw a little advertisement sent by Arpluvial on chat box in the past few days, it was for SL, PL and DL players. The event isn't given to other players... only the few ones who scroll up and find Arpluvial message...

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladysophie View Post
    Why are rewards announced at the end or when its too late to get them. Does it cost so much to be clear from the beginning?
    Exactly! You have grasp my intentions. ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Lol enterradora. clearly you seem to be raging. Take a chill pill please. You sound like those people that say "I don't give an eff about anything, I have money I gotta get what I want or else" or else what? Cause you spend real money to buy platinum? You gonna stop buying platinum? So what? You're not the only one buying platinum. If I recall correctly there's a thread somewhere made by you saying you were 100% done with the game and quitting giving stuff away lol. Now I'm curious why you are still here. What waiting for this exclusive contest vanity which isn't made by sts but backed up by them and now you can't have it your way? What reason do you have, not able to run this contest? You got plenty of time doing 30 tombs 3 a day. You have forum account to have come across this in contest section. Unless you're just not interested from the start as it was free and the prize not worthy enough and not worth your time but now you seem Soooo interested because of the additional prize? Which was clearly stated STS MYSTERY PRIZE If completed from start to finish. If you HAD the will power to show some interest in the contest itself not base on WHAT THE PRIZE was and just participate from beginner, all would have been fine. This is a FREE CONTEST. there's a quote I usual say "beggars can't be choosers" and this is basically the case which you are in. So just deal with it and just chill out.

PS. how much platinum did you actually bought that would make a contribution to this game or even scratch the suffice of sts income? I'll bet you 5mil gold here and now as everyone can witness and I will fairly give you 5m gold with no hesitation if I lose to your platinum count purchase history. Just a rough count. Mine is 500k+

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I believe the reason why this is not in the Announcements section is because this is a user-created contest and for the most part, majority of the prizes are coming out of the users pockets. STS decided to support this user-created contest. There are never any announcements on user-created contests. In the past, they have also supported user-created tournaments but again, has not posted in the Announcements section because they are not STS official tournaments, contests, etc.

And that's why it was in the contests section, the correct section.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

I posted what I knew from the start. I didn't KNOW it was going to be a unique vanity. I asked for a banner, they said no. I asked for a custom vanity, they said they didn't have time. But, STS did say they would contribute something, so I went with the information I had at the time - that STS would have something for those that completed the challenge.

I was pleasantly surprised in the middle of week 2 that STS would have a custom vanity, and when I received the screen shots, I posted them.

Unfortunately my joy at hearing that STS would do something really neat and unique has turned into disgust because of all the rage. Frankly, I doubt I will bother to host or manage future events of this type, because, pardon my French here, this **** doesn't pay, and all I get is angry PMs and threads like this, which hardly inspires me to do more.
    Kali you have all the runners support behind you, ignore the butthurt people trying to flame your contest. This is without a doubt the best contest hosted in AL, And Im not gona lie its more enjoyable than winter event. You should be filled with pride knowing you made over 600 people run, have over 200 active runners, hosted the biggest contest in Arlor. You've made alot of people happy, you've gotten guilds together, made people earn APs. You improved guild chemistry (guildies ran with guildies they dont even know and made friends with them) which makes the guild strong itself as a PvE guild. You united people in guilds to actually run with eachother and everything I metioned is an achievement in my eyes and you should be proud of yourself! You'll always have a few angry ones who rage when it doesnt go their way, but thats just life.
    Last edited by Titanfall; 02-20-2015 at 04:21 PM.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Dudes, chill out on the hate spamming... Look this contest is an opportunity for guilds to come together and support the me,hers by running elite maps together to earn points ( which btw is fun). The people who are running this are busting there butts to pull this off, sts just so happen to have added a vanity prize (that I will not get because I missed week 1 which was my fault). Enjoy the runs get the aps and teach the people how to run elites that's the theme of the contest.

Enjoy and see you in the elite maps :-))

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Diggdugg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    I believe the reason why this is not in the Announcements section is because this is a user-created contest and for the most part, majority of the prizes are coming out of the users pockets. STS decided to support this user-created contest. There are never any announcements on user-created contests. In the past, they have also supported user-created tournaments but again, has not posted in the Announcements section because they are not STS official tournaments, contests, etc.

And that's why it was in the contests section, the correct section.
    I wanted to say this but couldn't put it any better!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    Kali you have all the runners support behind you, ignore the butthurt people trying to flame your contest. This is without a doubt the best contest hosted in AL, And Im not gona lie its more enjoyable than winter event. You should be filled with pride knowing you made over 600 people run, have over 200 active runners, hosted the biggest contest in Arlor. You've made alot of people happy, you've gotten guilds together, made people earn APs. You improved guild chemistry (guildies ran with guildies they dont even know and made friends with them) which makes the guild strong itself as a PvE guild.
    Completely agree with this plz dont leave us like that :3 we need guys like you.... who keep elites alive

Nice Art
    Need help?
    Guardian2:Tank ; Guardian3:Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Then maybe partecipants both sts&private should consider for future events that their rewards are clear before the events starts.
    From what i understood after reading the contest introduction gold&eggs(?) were the rewards. This type of reward was not appealing to me so i chose not to partecipate and never checked backed. Maybe it was my fault for not checking but i also do not think changing rewards midway or deciding them when it is impossible to get the rewards is how to organize a event. This is just my opinion though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Then maybe partecipants both sts&private should consider for future events that their rewards are clear before the events start.
    From what i understood after reading the contest introduction gold&eggs(?) were the only rewards. This type of reward was not appealing to me so i chose not to partecipate and never checked backed. Maybe it was my fault for not checking but i also do not think changing rewards midway or deciding them when it is impossible to get the rewards is how to organize a event. This is just my opinion though.
    Sorry but nothing was changed, from the beginning of the contest there was stated that there was a secret sts prize involved

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by twoc View Post
    Lol enterradora. clearly you seem to be raging. Take a chill pill please. You sound like those people that say "I don't give an eff about anything, I have money I gotta get what I want or else" or else what? Cause you spend real money to buy platinum? You gonna stop buying platinum? So what? You're not the only one buying platinum. If I recall correctly there's a thread somewhere made by you saying you were 100% done with the game and quitting giving stuff away lol. Now I'm curious why you are still here. What waiting for this exclusive contest vanity which isn't made by sts but backed up by them and now you can't have it your way? What reason do you have, not able to run this contest? You got plenty of time doing 30 tombs 3 a day. You have forum account to have come across this in contest section. Unless you're just not interested from the start as it was free and the prize not worthy enough and not worth your time but now you seem Soooo interested because of the additional prize? Which was clearly stated STS MYSTERY PRIZE If completed from start to finish. If you HAD the will power to show some interest in the contest itself not base on WHAT THE PRIZE was and just participate from beginner, all would have been fine. This is a FREE CONTEST. there's a quote I usual say "beggars can't be choosers" and this is basically the case which you are in. So just deal with it and just chill out.

PS. how much platinum did you actually bought that would make a contribution to this game or even scratch the suffice of sts income? I'll bet you 5mil gold here and now as everyone can witness and I will fairly give you 5m gold with no hesitation if I lose to your platinum count purchase history. Just a rough count. Mine is 500k+
    imo is like do an official event saying there would be a 'secret prize', at half way they show the coolest are the regard.

Now if u want go for it, atleast in that case u have a chance to get (whit no sleep/no life).

But there now is no chance to get.

And yes, i think about quit this game a lot of times for reasons like this whit a misscomunicacion of STS or waiting for a party whit my warr when i was in ur guild .
    Last edited by Enterradora; 02-20-2015 at 04:23 PM.
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    182 Posts

Then maybe partecipants both sts&private should consider for future events that their rewards are clear before the events starts.
    From what i understood after reading the contest introduction gold&eggs(?) were the rewards. This type of reward was not appealing to me so i chose not to partecipate and never checked backed. Maybe it was my fault for not checking but i also do not think changing rewards midway or deciding them when it is impossible to get the rewards is how to organize a event. This is just my opinion though.
    Rewards were never changed it was said from the start there'll be a secret reward. Read everything next time.

Turn your CAN'TS into CANS and your DREAMS into PLANS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enterradora View Post
    PS: u can recover all my messages if u want, im saying in all the same, instead of all trolls there posting their meme's and have inapropiate behavior.

They seem to protect their future heraltic like smigol from lord of rings do whit the ring.

But hey the event is for fun
    And you are willing to bite their fingers of to have it for yourself.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

The contest was private and with the rewards mentioned majority of us did not want to take a part in this. I have been playing this game from the 21 lvl cap, not once I have taken a part in a player sponsored event. However, when sts chips in with unique items, in a game for which im constantly paying, and through their untimely announcement limits me and others from gaining it, then we have an issue. Has this been announced beforehand everyone would be happy.
    Last edited by grzena1982; 02-20-2015 at 04:26 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

A contest especially a free one shouldn't be base on REWARDS. Appealing or not you should at least give it a try, why cause it's FREE. Your lost if you choose not to participate. Don't blame the contest creator and donor. Sts is a donor and contributor just like me. What if the prize were 400m or 800mil and each participant will earn 4-8m each for just posting 1 screen shot? You blaming us for not being clear. WHO IS PERFECT?
    Last edited by twoxc; 02-20-2015 at 04:30 PM.

Twobnv & Twoxc & Twocrazy - Deviant Misfits Officer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I posted what I knew from the start. I didn't KNOW it was going to be a unique vanity. I asked for a banner, they said no. I asked for a custom vanity, they said they didn't have time. But, STS did say they would contribute something, so I went with the information I had at the time - that STS would have something for those that completed the challenge.

I was pleasantly surprised in the middle of week 2 that STS would have a custom vanity, and when I received the screen shots, I posted them.

Unfortunately my joy at hearing that STS would do something really neat and unique has turned into disgust because of all the rage. Frankly, I doubt I will bother to host or manage future events of this type, because, pardon my French here, this **** doesn't pay, and all I get is angry PMs and threads like this, which hardly inspires me to do more.
    I welcome you to overlook the uncostructive comments and carry on with your events. Even though i didn't partecipate, i appreciate your effort and the time you invest into them. Next time i am also certain you will make sure the rewards are clear before your event starts.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Ladysophie For This Useful Post: