Thread: arcane shard in elite golden dragonscale chest?.. real or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs down arcane shard in elite golden dragonscale chest?.. real or not.

.--- is this frank?:-) :-) or sts just fooling us about the arcane shard from the elite golden dragon scale chest:-) can I know if some got arcane shard from this stupid chest?.. I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

How many did u open?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I know that someone actually looted one from egdc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerasa View Post
    .--- is this frank?:-) :-) or sts just fooling us about the arcane shard from the elite golden dragon scale chest:-) can I know if some got arcane shard from this stupid chest?.. I
    You can ask this question to supports, they can give you a pretty accurate answer like the best answer ''yes'' or just a not-so-nice answer ''no''.

and yea they answer to those question... beleive it or not
    Name:  Screenshot_2014-03-12-17-48-06.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  54.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hey dragon claw--.. if I asked them they probably say ''yes" we open 210 elite drag chest n 320 lock we got only one stupid FROst gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zerasa View Post
    Hey dragon claw--.. if I asked them they probably say ''yes" we open 210 elite drag chest n 320 lock we got only one stupid FROst gun.
    gzzz enjoy, some open that and got NOTHING
    Lvl46 Rogue - Enterradora || Lvl46 Mage - Enterradori || Lvl41 Warrior - Enterradore

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

I'm actually curious to whether an actual shard has been looted..
    Last edited by Soundlesskill; 02-24-2015 at 01:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonclaws View Post
    You can ask this question to supports, they can give you a pretty accurate answer like the best answer ''yes'' or just a not-so-nice answer ''no''.

and yea they answer to those question... beleive it or not
    Name:  Screenshot_2014-03-12-17-48-06.jpg
Views: 833
Size:  54.3 KB
    Better don't waste support time with this kind of questiond you can find the answer to yourself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Better don't waste support time with this kind of questiond you can find the answer to yourself.
    I didn't send that. Someone showed me his answer from STS. It is true that we shouldn't waste STS time with this kind of question.

Btw, I am really wondering what he would do if I told him I got a shard after opening the second Elite Golden Dragonscale Chest I looted from Elite Arachna. The odds are very low everywhere afterall...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Let's examine the cost of the shard and determine what its rarity must be based on its current price...

The current price is around 50m. How much are elite golden dragonscale chests going for these days? At least 50k, right? What other valuable items can be found in elite golden dragonscale chests? I'm pretty sure not very much. Maybe a few lousy eggs?

So at 50k each, that means you would need to open 1000 chests to spend 50m. And even then, you would have looted 3000 items (3 per chest), and I'm sure some of those items would have some value, even if not a huge amount.

So in reality, based on the current price of a shard and the current price of elite golden dragonscale chests, I'd say the odds are worse than 1-in-1000. If the odds were better than that, then either the cost of the chests would go up or the cost of the shard would drop. That's how supply and demand economics works.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Let's examine the cost of the shard and determine what its rarity must be based on its current price...

The current price is around 50m. How much are elite golden dragonscale chests going for these days? At least 50k, right? What other valuable items can be found in elite golden dragonscale chests? I'm pretty sure not very much. Maybe a few lousy eggs?

So at 50k each, that means you would need to open 1000 chests to spend 50m. And even then, you would have looted 3000 items (3 per chest), and I'm sure some of those items would have some value, even if not a huge amount.

So in reality, based on the current price of a shard and the current price of elite golden dragonscale chests, I'd say the odds are worse than 1-in-1000. If the odds were better than that, then either the cost of the chests would go up or the cost of the shard would drop. That's how supply and demand economics works.
    Note that the 50m value is going to be packed in an egg, then cracked open. SO that 50m value of chests you opened go to garbage. You can try selling the 200 legendaries for 150k each, but it will take ages to sell, since new expansion is close and everybody selling their valuable... and people tend to buy cheap stuff cause they are still leveling.

PS: the last time I checked prices, Elite Golden Dragonscale Chests was sold for minimum 78k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Here's a tip for AL.
    Never open any chests unless you looted them, and you are feeling lucky. Don't buy locks off the market and try to loot something. Trust me. Don't even try with elite golden chests, the odds are even worse in those chests, considering the small amount of valuable items you can get from them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post

You forgot the fact as well that the arcane shard comes from a lock as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    You forgot the fact as well that the arcane shard comes from a lock as well.
    I didn't forget, it's just irrelevant in this discussion. The prices of the elite golden dragonscale chests are determined by the price of the shard and the chance of looting one. The fact that shards also come in locked crates does cause there to be more shards, and therefore the price of shards is lower than it would otherwise be, but that doesn't change the relationship between the price of the shard and the elite golden dragonscale chest.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: