Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arena... I find it very challenging

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Nothing is laziness if it saves you burning ankhs. Also not all party members are rogues, this game has mages and tanks that like to do arena too. A boss designed to burn your ankhs, feel free to counter with an anti-ankh strategy ......as discussed in this thread.

Thank you, and now I shall go level my Rogue to 41 and play this awesome game called Rogue Legends!
    Last edited by Xorrior; 02-25-2015 at 07:17 AM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    As for strategy, the closer you are to stahl, the less damage his daggers do.
    Are you sure? 100%?
    I see lots of deaths when rogue/mage were standing in melee distance same as when standing far away (tried countless times). I think less and more dmg is only minimum/maximum dmg issue and critical hit issue.

@strategy: I still prefer runs where party need minimum potion and ankhs, which resulting in a bit longer runs (-how conservative-). When I run with legendary geared players and we are not able to kill Stahl before enrage because of gear, then I as tank with 2800 armor, 8200 HP and Juggernaut active (= 20% dmg reduction) get instant kill when stand face to face to boss. Should I use 5 ankhs revive? Or twisting Kelvin? No thank you, its not my interest. Strategy = summary of tricks and their using.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Arena was meant to be hard, they said it when they introduced it...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yumisa View Post
    I agree, but as you can see you can run efficiently even with legendary gear when using proper strategy ;-)
    I never said that arena should be nerf, only thing what I´m saying is that why wasting Ankhs and gold when it isnt necessary. I know people who play really well, but they don´t play so much for buy myth/arcane gear and they dont have much gold for ankhs. When I run with them, should I say: "You dont have good gear, go farm lockeds and let me to run arena/tombs with geared players"?
    Today you can buy whole gear for 150k including pet and you CAN run all elites/tombs/arenas efficiently with minimum deaths.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    2 or more good rogues can kill any boss before the timer is up. Of the bosses, stahl is probably the easiest one to burn down. There's no need to break the stone.
    Not true. Recently, Raregem and I tried to duo frostr before he got enraged. We didn't get close. We tried everything, including keeping pets in gate till frostr was down to 50% but he still ended up 1 hitting us on his first enrage. I also noticed I could not solo him anymore. Maybe its just frostr but I feel like arena got harder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jirikjurasek View Post
    Are you sure? 100%?
    I see lots of deaths when rogue/mage were standing in melee distance same as when standing far away (tried countless times). I think less and more dmg is only minimum/maximum dmg issue and critical hit issue.

@strategy: I still prefer runs where party need minimum potion and ankhs, which resulting in a bit longer runs (-how conservative-). When I run with legendary geared players and we are not able to kill Stahl before enrage because of gear, then I as tank with 2800 armor, 8200 HP and Juggernaut active (= 20% dmg reduction) get instant kill when stand face to face to boss. Should I use 5 ankhs revive? Or twisting Kelvin? No thank you, its not my interest. Strategy = summary of tricks and their using.
    I didn't say you couldn't be killed while hugging Stahl. But you are much much less likely to.

To my knowledge, that little roguish guy is not stunnable. If you prefer runs where you can conserve potions, Arena is not the map for you. If you don't pot, you die.

Juggernaut in pve? Really? Don't even get me started......
    Last edited by Serancha; 02-25-2015 at 11:34 AM.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I hate stahl because for a warrior, you don't know where stahl truly is. Even though you see him lets say, on the left side, he might actually be in the middle of the screen because the pet is hitting the middle of the screen and my axe throw is going towards the middle etc. Stahl location vs what we see on the screen is glitched.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

I would love to see your tanking style, I know you've said you was a tank before, and that from Nordr to Tindirin you only died twice. That's awesome personally I can't live without jugg. I'll shoot you an invite very soon just to see how you do it with VB. Cya Soon.

Don't worry you'll be the only tank, I'll be a noob rogue.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Xorrior For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    Enrage Stahl is the hardest boss in the game. Don't enrage him!

I've told ppl how not to enrage, they say ok, then they enrage. There's a lot of ppl playing this game who just do not listen to good advice and instructions -_-
    That I agree with! Some people just don't listen Xorrior. But overweighttank the rogues I run with aren't leaderboard players and I've ran the arena with snowball. It can get difficult with no strategy but, IMO it's not as difficult as you may think. Just stick with it and it becomes easier over time. Your a good player you'll be fine

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

I used whatever I can for try to survive enraged Stahl. Use jugg for that was the most logic thing. Jugg definitely has place in pve, but it is another discussion in another thread maybe.

Slag terrify works on Stahl.

That note about potions was very funny. I've never said (and I will never do) that I dont want to use potions. Only thing what I said was, that I want to save ankhs and potions used by PARTY.

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Yumisa View Post
    Im not saying its hard... I'm saying its almost impossible to do without the Pt's you guys are talking about. Try doing it with a Average pt (no, not every officer or good geared can run with you)

We had me (maul dmg warr) , a mythic bow rogue, a frost gun mage, and a random rogue with normal expo bow.

we tried atleast 4-6 times, we ended up just leaving. Problem is, they said it would be hard. not 1min enrage to a boss that takes atleast 3minutes to kill ._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Im not saying its hard... I'm saying its almost impossible to do without the Pt's you guys are talking about. Try doing it with a Average pt (no, not every officer or good geared can run with you)

We had me (maul dmg warr) , a mythic bow rogue, a frost gun mage, and a random rogue with normal expo bow.

we tried atleast 4-6 times, we ended up just leaving. Problem is, they said it would be hard. not 1min enrage to a boss that takes atleast 3minutes to kill ._.
    Don't hit the stone. Keep pets locked. Boss won't be enraged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Nvm i think the update fixed the pets getting locked in gate thingy. I haven't played arena since ages as I have gave up on looting a recipe.
    but anyway Dnt hit the stone (obelix)

Overweightank

We tried this, we put away all pets, we walked towards stahl and he enraged... is there a field causing enrage around stone or stahl? O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

We tried this, we put away all pets, we walked towards stahl and he enraged... is there a field causing enrage around stone or stahl? O.o
    If you do aoe skill attacks such fireball nox etc when boss is near the stone, then stone will take dmg and boss will enrage. Stay at the gate. Warrior pull boss with axe throw or rogue does normal aimshot or auto attack and wait for boss to come down near gate. Fight there only near the gate.

Overweightank

If you do aoe skill attacks such fireball nox etc when boss is near the stone, then stone will take dmg and boss will enrage. Stay at the gate. Warrior pull boss with axe throw or rogue does normal aimshot or auto attack and wait for boss to come down near gate. Fight there only near the gate.
    Nothing of aoe or anything occured. I just walked up to the boss, no attacks or pets. and he randomely got enraged :I

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Nothing of aoe or anything occured. I just walked up to the boss, no attacks or pets. and he randomely got enraged :I
    Dnt walk to the boss... dnt get near to the stone

Overweightank

Dnt walk to the boss... dnt get near to the stone
    So.. Exploits? :3

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    I said "good" rogues nab. Raregem and i can kill frostir 10/10 times with zero deaths. Alternate your kelvin AA and if you know AA is CD, be ready to move out of red zone. If you stand on him, he won't frost you so you can walk behind him and out of red. Alternatively, you can charge pierce to dash out.
    Sounds like a need a solid farming. Anyways back on topic, rare gem and I tried 2 kelvin and1 kelvin 1 blinky but we couldn't even do 50% before the minutes the was up. He will verify this if you ask him. We quit after 5-6 tries.

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    Sounds like a need a solid farming. Anyways back on topic, rare gem and I tried 2 kelvin and1 kelvin 1 blinky but we couldn't even do 50% before the minutes the was up. He will verify this if you ask him. We quit after 5-6 tries.
    join my club! XD its near impssible without full arcane rings. But you know, whatevs P: