Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I think you may have overcharged for the Plat Sale

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    The only way to find out if this is google's or IOS's problem, is to see if it happens in other games. But you just can't say, oh well, you don't use USD you'll pay more. A lot of the game population is not in the US.
    He is not saying that. This happens to me with every single in app purchase I make no matter what game it is (not only STS games). I always have to pay the exchange rate. It's not only a game thing. When I order clothes from other countries I have to pay the exchange rate too. For example, $100 CAD is not equal to $100 USD. If I only paid $100 CAD then I would be getting platinum cheaper than those in the US and that wouldn't be fair. It's not that we are getting it more expensive, we are technically paying the exact same price. It's all based around how much your country's dollar is worth at the time. STS is based in the US so it makes sense for them to list their in app purchases in USD for iOS. Ultimately, it's not the game company that makes this decision regarding whether or not the players pay exchange rate. The banks have to deal with this. The money in your bank account/credit card is in your country's currency it has to get converted somehow. It's quite common when buying something in a different currency. I may be wrong, but unless the product price is stated in your country's currency/is coming from your country you have to pay the exchange rate. There's never been an incidence where I did not have to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Thanks for the response STS, I do appreciate it. However, I'm not sure this adequately explains the issue: the original price has already been converted to NZD and includes the tax, so, the discount price should be 60% of that price, which it wasn't. May I ask why the original price is no longer showing, and whether or not there has been a recent price increase? Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    367 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Petrichor View Post
    He is not saying that. This happens to me with every single in app purchase I make no matter what game it is (not only STS games). I always have to pay the exchange rate. It's not only a game thing. When I order clothes from other countries I have to pay the exchange rate too. For example, $100 CAD is not equal to $100 USD. If I only paid $100 CAD then I would be getting platinum cheaper than those in the US and that wouldn't be fair. It's not that we are getting it more expensive, we are technically paying the exact same price. It's all based around how much your country's dollar is worth at the time. STS is based in the US so it makes sense for them to list their in app purchases in USD for iOS. Ultimately, it's not the game company that makes this decision regarding whether or not the players pay exchange rate. The banks have to deal with this. The money in your bank account/credit card is in your country's currency it has to get converted somehow. It's quite common when buying something in a different currency. I may be wrong, but unless the product price is stated in your country's currency/is coming from your country you have to pay the exchange rate. There's never been an incidence where I did not have to.
    Ah ok. Thanks now I understand! So it's like someone paying £30 will be equal to someone paying $46.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obee View Post
    Ah ok. Thanks now I understand! So it's like someone paying £30 will be equal to someone paying $46.
    Yes, exactly! In the end they are paying the exact same price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Hi all. The way these sales work is we define a price in US Dollars and then Apple and Google convert the prices to local currency and apply any necessary taxes. We don't control those things and those will change the price you see in the game depending on your location. It sounds like most of you are not paying in US Dollars so I think that's what's going on here.

That said if you think you've encountered a pricing error please do contact Customer Support or PM me.
    Ty for answer.

I sent email to support now, i hope they contact google why they ripping off YOUR customers. With the chest of platinum, there is a significant 12 usd difference between paying in december or paying now with paypal instead of paying in android app, they must have a clear answer. This affects negatively YOUR company business, less people will buy platinum if they see this insane price increase. I figured out that i can buy with normal prices from the chrome app, but not everyone can login from pc or not everyone have paypal account.

Have a nice day.
    Last edited by Haligali; 03-01-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    654 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Where in Canada are you? I'm in B.C. and tax is always added onto the plat price. So the $89.99 normal price is actually $101. Same goes for sale prices... $49.99 is $56 or whatever.
    Im from Vancouver BC as well! XD small world
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Just wait for the offer to end and ill tell you if we are being overcharged or not. I bought 3x max plat offer totaling 5.1k plat. Any taxes, additional charges and exchange rate would explain the difference in price among different countries and the recent hike in the price of plat denominated in euros and pounds as the dollar has strengthen against them.

Nevertheless, discount is a different story, as all additional charges are already a part of the normal price. Therefore, if the exchange rate stays the same then 40% offer equals 40% of the price, if its less than we will be having lots of questions to ask. Printscreens soon to follow.

I could only think of one instance where this may not be the case, namely if any particular country imposes a fixed charge on the top of what we are paying for plat, regardless of the amount you are buying. In this case 40% will never equal 0.4 of the normal price as there is a fixed element within.
    Last edited by grzena1982; 03-02-2015 at 04:23 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

I bought plat many times and this has never happened before so yeah...i won't pay 10 extra euros just because of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I bought 15.4k plat and I wasn't charged any tax.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Hi all UPDATE I PMed G-M and he totally sorted my issue out. So if you've had any problems definitely let G-M know, I am really happy with the outcome and it was quick too. Faith restored! Thanks STS <3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by carmine_blade View Post
    Hi all UPDATE I PMed G-M and he totally sorted my issue out. So if you've had any problems definitely let G-M know, I am really happy with the outcome and it was quick too. Faith restored! Thanks STS <3
    why need PMed G-M ? if this issues apply for all, they should make any confirmation here or in Announcement sub-forum.

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Axesam View Post
    why need PMed G-M ? if this issues apply for all, they should make any confirmation here or in Announcement sub-forum.
    S/he said their explanation in the post but said to PM if that didn't satisfy. Perhaps regional differences do matter and that's why a blanket statement hasn't been issued.. but in any case if you're not happy I definitely recommend PMing G-M.