Not entirely sure what you mean candy. Can you elaborate? Comes across as timed withdrawls for loaned items of a quality you intend returned to you. If so, this would be fun, but probably hard to code and track.

More what I'm thinking for items is if, like myself, you open a large amount of locks and get a bunch of Conquistador gear that isn't an improvement on your own. Not really worth sale price in auction but valuable enough you don't want to liquidate. Donate to guild. If a guildie coming up on that level has use for it they just confirm with guild master and get the item. Also useful for event item storage like prize eggs.

And a point to add on my previous post to Limsi, any money in the guild vault is extra gold. The person in charge of it, only the master, has access to it and most likely has no need to be stealing it. The ones that will would be brand new guilds after it was released and would be pretty easy to spot.

Ultimately it would all be for the guild, however it gets used or misused, and if you're donating in any large amounts odds are it is for a reason and with already proven trustworthy people you've been gaming with for months or years.