Thread: Understanding pets

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Default Understanding pets

I'm trying to understand pets, as I'm never sure which pet to choose for which occasion. This is what I know, I'd appreciate it if you'd correct me if I'm wrong, and tell me what I don't know.

Kelvin and George are the only two stun pets, they are are best used for bosses so you can stop them from completing their dastardly deeds. Like pecking you to death, or burning your best shoes with lava.

Ethyl is good for crowd control. Are there any others? Someone told me Frist and Prance 'freeze', so would also be good for crowd control?

Ribbit - I was told I NEEDED him, but not sure why? For some reason they mentioned using him with Nox?

Breezega, not sure why I bought him, I just got all excited with tokens burning a hole in my armour pocket. When do I need a pet with good mana like that?

Malison is a good all-rounder for Rogues, so I tend to use him when I don't need any special skilled pets. I like that he blows up barrels etc for me, he's mah dynamo.

Besides that, can anyone help me understand the pet stats? For example, at the top of each pet stats it says their damage and critical %. What does this mean to me?

Also, I assume their passive ability is the one they have all the time. And their arcane ability is what they use when you hit their button?

When the pet levels up, they get stronger, do they also get more arcane or passive abilities?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zestee View Post
    I'm trying to understand pets, as I'm never sure which pet to choose for which occasion. This is what I know, I'd appreciate it if you'd correct me if I'm wrong, and tell me what I don't know.

Kelvin and George are the only two stun pets, they are are best used for bosses so you can stop them from completing their dastardly deeds. Like pecking you to death, or burning your best shoes with lava.

Ethyl is good for crowd control. Are there any others? Someone told me Frist and Prance 'freeze', so would also be good for crowd control?

Ribbit - I was told I NEEDED him, but not sure why? For some reason they mentioned using him with Nox?

Breezega, not sure why I bought him, I just got all excited with tokens burning a hole in my armour pocket. When do I need a pet with good mana like that?

Malison is a good all-rounder for Rogues, so I tend to use him when I don't need any special skilled pets. I like that he blows up barrels etc for me, he's mah dynamo.

Besides that, can anyone help me understand the pet stats? For example, at the top of each pet stats it says their damage and critical %. What does this mean to me?

Also, I assume their passive ability is the one they have all the time. And their arcane ability is what they use when you hit their button?

When the pet levels up, they get stronger, do they also get more arcane or passive abilities?
    For crowd controll I would strongly suggest breeze , ethyl is a useless crowd controll pet since in most tombs it's slowing ability only affects the weakest mobs, yowie well idk I only use him in pvp, prance is most definitely not a crowd controll pet.

Ribbit is used for his aa which grants some good crit for rogues, however I would suggest running with a warrior that uses the ribbit so you can use a better stat bonus pet for yourself, I would say aimed shot is the best during it's aa for the 250% dmg on critical.

Breezaga is a useless vanity pet, you will only need good mana in pvp since in pve you have pots.

Next to malison some people also advice loki.

The dmg and crit above the pets is for what I believe is the dmg the pet does itself and it's chance to crit (if that's even possible never paid attention to it).

Yes the arcane ability is the attack activated when you press the paw and the passive is the auto attack of the pet.

Passive abilities for legendary and lower rarity pets change every 5 levels up untill they hit lvl 15 or so (not to sure about it though) and for mythic and arcane pets the passive changes every 10 levels up to level 40.
    For as far as I know the arcane ability of a pet never changes but some aa's do get stronger when the pet lvls up like scorch's shield (still sucks though).
    Last edited by Appeltjes; 12-31-2014 at 05:37 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Appeltjes For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks for that Breeze is $2m... holy moly! No chance of earning him myself, I die pretty much as soon as I think about entering the Planar tombs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Aahhh! I'm so glad someone asked these questions! And someone answered them! Thank you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Good stuff

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

For pve look for pets with a damage% boost, then primary stat boost, then whatever you feel would benefit you most.