Thread: Time for a new MMORPG... but not another Legend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

Default Time for a new MMORPG... but not another Legend.

So recently i have been slowly getting tired of playing. Dont get me wrong, i still enjoy somehow, but ive realized i enjoy it cuz of my friends and not the game itself anymore. Just recently i tried this new mmorpg on playstore (not released on ios yet and also not released to a few other countries yet i assume) called Dragon Nest: Labyrinth. The gameplay was great and i enioyed it but it didnt my heart away from al due to some cons. First is its a lil buggy, freezes sometimes. Second, not much players yet, for all i know this has just been released two weeks ago. Third is culture shock, the part in al where u go to different towns and just see other players and chill with ur friends arent there, the town basically just shows u and the chat box and ofc the background. The part where ur a newbie and u decide to run a map and suddenly meet pugs arent there too so yeah it kinda bored me. The good thing tho is that the skills/pvp battles are amazing. Its balanced, and really takes skills since a lot of he skills can be dodged. Im currently playing a warrior and so far the skills look like a barrage of cool combos that sends enemies knocked back or stunned. Thw con again btw is u can only do 1 pvp tourney a day -.- . but then it hit me. What if sts imports these into one of their games. I know if they do, it cant be al, al as it was once said wud be the last of the Legends series of games, and ofc, theres just too much to change if they decide to apply this on al. So how about a new mmorpg? One where it takes skills, lots of it, where players can figure out their own set of combos and such, where pvp is very balanced and no class is considered better than the other. Where the best items are farmable and isnt too op. And ofc, combined with the traditional spacetime ways of socialization. I dont know how to descibe what my brain says but i suggest u guys try it out so ull know what im talking about. If it doesnt work for ur country, get a vpn. Cheers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

I'm not sure about AL players, but several of the PL community have mover to Order and Chaos, it's a pretty hardcore type MMO, not sure if that's what your into. Good game though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tHelonestud View Post
    I'm not sure about AL players, but several of the PL community have mover to Order and Chaos, it's a pretty hardcore type MMO, not sure if that's what your into. Good game though.
    Stop trying to recruit to O&C u bum. ;p
    You know your home is in PL. Eventually you'll come back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    151 Posts

There are not really many MMORPG I know of as apps. Then again, I am only on IOS. Just like the lonely stud said, O&C is a good one. My only recommendation is find a guild with great people in it because you don't want to be doing things by yourself. There is also faction wars; however, I haven't been on that one in a while so I'm not sure what has happened. There is Celtic Heroes, which I cannot remember how I felt about it. I have heard of dragon bane elite, but I have never personally played it. I personally play The World of Magic to pass time. However, I don't think that will be what you are looking for lol. It is very cute and the graphics aren't very good.

I would try Order and Chaos out of anything that I listed. It's very popular and it is quite more advanced than the legends games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    783 Posts

Albion Online

Its defiantly worth a look at it's in alpha stage atm but you can pay money to be a founder and play the game before it even comes out. You get exclusive stuff before anyone else with the founder pack. Deffo worth a look maybe YouTube videos of the gameplay.

Order and chaos

Biggest game and it'd pretty hard to get bored in a game like this because levelling isn't tedious as you do diffrent quests all the time and it takes awhile to get the best gear but who wants thebestgear in a week? It's a good game a few friends and I play it.

Call of champions

Patience but looks pretty good from what I've seen

Darknes reborn

bit of a diffrent mmo but worth a look at if anything

Clash of clans

Might not be your cup of tea but I find it pretty fun because you can't play it enough to get bored

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    156 Posts

Celtic heroes is also a fairly good one!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by angeldawn View Post
    Stop trying to recruit to O&C u bum. ;p
    You know your home is in PL. Eventually you'll come back
    Who can blame me for trying though? I started in PL, loved my time there, made great friends, but I really am liking OaC. I mean main reason i switched is the regular updates, but once you get into it, it's amazing all you can do.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Who can blame me for trying though? I started in PL, loved my time there, made great friends, but I really am liking OaC. I mean main reason i switched is the regular updates, but once you get into it, it's amazing all you can do.
    My only setback for OAC is the fact of how long it takes to get solid gear. Ill come across some really fun battlefield and 2's matches, but 50% of the time I'm simply too outmatched because I can't compete with the season 3 PvP gear. And I mean, a serious amount of time. I've never been a hardcore WoW player or any other MMO for that fact, so maybe I'm just extremely impatient since this is the first big MMO I've gotten in to. But still, it's taking forever! That's why I need to switch to AF, I could use a little assistance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I am not really sure why, but this Pokemon/Dragonvale hybrid has really captured my attention for the last few days, it's called Summoner's War: Sky Arena, and it is the reason I'm still awake and typing this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    My only setback for OAC is the fact of how long it takes to get solid gear. Ill come across some really fun battlefield and 2's matches, but 50% of the time I'm simply too outmatched because I can't compete with the season 3 PvP gear. And I mean, a serious amount of time. I've never been a hardcore WoW player or any other MMO for that fact, so maybe I'm just extremely impatient since this is the first big MMO I've gotten in to. But still, it's taking forever! That's why I need to switch to AF, I could use a little assistance
    I felt the same way Will when we were all playing together. After I capped I found out that if you didn't use runes to reset it was to take 90 days to get all your gear. That's too much for me.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    I am not really sure why, but this Pokemon/Dragonvale hybrid has really captured my attention for the last few days, it's called Summoner's War: Sky Arena, and it is the reason I'm still awake and typing this.
    I play that too! It's fun at first. It becomes very repetitive - I play for like 10 min a day if anything.

@Angel - Exactly. And then it becomes this dumb cycle, because by the time I get the gear I want, there's already a new cap coming out or a new season of gear or whatever it may be. The players who have the best gear really do just spend a lot of money that I'm not willing to spend. Regardless, I play leisurely because I think the game is still incredibly fun with lots to do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

I quit order and chaos a while back, but it was freaking fun. I just don't have the same feeling I had at first when doing all the quests, and it became pretty bland. I stopped my Lvl 70 heals with 3/6 T3 gear I think

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ssneakykills View Post
    Albion Online

Its defiantly worth a look at it's in alpha stage atm but you can pay money to be a founder and play the game before it even comes out. You get exclusive stuff before anyone else with the founder pack. Deffo worth a look maybe YouTube videos of the gameplay.

Order and chaos

Biggest game and it'd pretty hard to get bored in a game like this because levelling isn't tedious as you do diffrent quests all the time and it takes awhile to get the best gear but who wants thebestgear in a week? It's a good game a few friends and I play it.

Call of champions

Patience but looks pretty good from what I've seen

Darknes reborn

bit of a diffrent mmo but worth a look at if anything

Clash of clans

Might not be your cup of tea but I find it pretty fun because you can't play it enough to get bored
    You forgot the best one:

Vainglory Pls (divinemoustache will agree)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    You forgot the best one:

Vainglory Pls (divinemoustache will agree)
    Too easy, I'd say.

But again it all comes down to play style of choice.
    OaC is probably best mobile mmorpg you wil find.
    Clash of Clans is definitely top of the online tower defense type games.
    Vainglory and Heroes of Order and Chaos are both great battle/arena games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    284 Posts

I was playing Albion a little. Not really my style of game play. But tons of friends are there!!! I would have played more but this is such a busy time for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

Too easy, I'd say.

But again it all comes down to play style of choice.
    OaC is probably best mobile mmorpg you wil find.
    Clash of Clans is definitely top of the online tower defense type games.
    Vainglory and Heroes of Order and Chaos are both great battle/arena games.
    Vainglory is definitely not too easy, you were probably at a lower tier. Once you get higher up there, the level of teamwork the guys have is insane.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DivineMoustache View Post
    Vainglory is definitely not too easy, you were probably at a lower tier. Once you get higher up there, the level of teamwork the guys have is insane.
    I just beat burst first time I played, kind of just a jab at him. It's not my preferred style of game but does have some pretty cool aspects to it. If you're into that kind of thing definitely check it out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

I just beat burst first time I played, kind of just a jab at him. It's not my preferred style of game but does have some pretty cool aspects to it. If you're into that kind of thing definitely check it out.
    It was a 1 v 1 and you used the character that dominates in 1 v 1's Nab.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts

1v1 doesn't mean anything in Vainglory, it's definitely about the team fights. You won't see many 1v1 fights in an actual match there. A decent comparison is duels in OC vs. team fights there. Duels are just for the hell of it, the real stakes come with the 2v2/3v3 type stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Burstnuke View Post
    It was a 1 v 1 and you used the character that dominates in 1 v 1's Nab.
    Good choice on my part for never playing before though.