Size:  94.3 KB

From the Merriam-Webster online dictionary:

dol·drums
    \ˈdōl-drəmz, ˈdäl-, ˈdȯl-\
    noun plural
    : a state or period of sadness or depression
    : a state or period in which there is no activity or improvement

Knights,
    Over the past week or two we seem to be hitting the doldrums. It's a word that came from the age of maritime expansion, when ships got stranded in the middle of the ocean because there was no wind for their sail, no energy for movement.

I've seen guild activity drop, gc turns deathly quiet, even members who we count among our friends, people we had run with, helped with gear, AP, pets, etc. leaving guild.

I know it's hard to stay interested in game and active with nothing much going on as we wait for expansion; when we can't run for AP or farm properly because so few are on; when it's so hard making money because the market is sluggish. I know it makes you question why you have to bother coming in game after all. I know, because I feel and think that way too.

That's why I am very grateful for those of us who stay; continue to keep gc feel like home, warm and friendly; who keep running dailies and even work hard to make achievements (we have some new Paragons, Dimensional Gladiators, Planeswalkers in the house, congratulations!); who answer calls for help from fellow knights who are still leveling; who informatively reply to questions on gc. You are the blood that keeps Trinity Knights alive, the wind that keeps us moving. I can't thank you enough.

I am not going to ask much from you this time. I only ask you to find something that you still enjoy in game and focus on it. If what makes you happy is farming, I'll try to help you with that. If what makes the game fun for you is making achievement, I'll help you with that as best as I can. If it's gc banter that keeps you in game, then chat, I'll try my best to talk to you too.

As for me, and this is a recent revelation, what makes the game still fun and worth logging in is helping, as weird as it may sound. When I try to farm for the sake of farming, things get boring very quickly and I log off sooner.

So yea, for now, while we are riding the doldrums, I'm going to do my best to try help you with runs, achievements, respec, etc. I will still be farming T3 and arena as much as I can (so anyone needing help and tips there let me know). But in my free time I'll try to help much more than I have the past few weeks.

I'm not a miracle worker, and you may need to do your share of work too to get what you want, either by getting respec scrolls, damage/protection lix for runs, etc. But I'm sure that together we can cover miles and beat the doldrums.

Have a great weekend, knights. See you in game.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 04-17-2015 at 05:45 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post: