Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Gem Disparity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Best solution is to wait for events for para and eyes to return. Bringing more out now will just start rich players off with full para/eye level 46 gear.

Right now para gems are in such a low supply that few if any will be able to fully para/eye their 46 gear. Make people wait till October to get more.

I can understand why you would want new ones to come out but it's better if they don't retun till their respected events for all of arlor.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Best solution is to wait for events for para and eyes to return. Bringing more out now will just start rich players off with full para/eye level 46 gear.

Right now para gems are in such a low supply that few if any will be able to fully para/eye their 46 gear. Make people wait till October to get more.

I can understand why you would want new ones to come out but it's better if they don't retun till their respected events for all of arlor.
    I will be able to even if gems are not coming back. I already have 10 reserved. The question is, will anybody else?
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

The biggest mistake that developers for any mmo can do is to give old players a permanent, distinct advantage over new players. All of these gameplay altering gems are all currently no longer available, therefore, new players are not able to catch up. And when things like the Planar content are released, that are released for the top-geared, the newer players have no hope in catching up. The top things should always be available for a fair amount of work equally between everyone. Exclusive items should only be things to show off. But game-changing things need to be available for everyone, and right now, STS is severely lacking in that aspect.

Right now, the stat difference between the top-geared and the next ones down are astronomical due to these gems and pets that, oh my, aren't even available to reproduce. I'm not saying that anything needs to be nerfed, but we need equality. Hard work should be rewarded, yes, but it should not give such a permanent and immeasurable advantage over those who are absolutely unable to catch up. It's flat-out unfair and discouraging to know that no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to catch up with the best of the best, even if they haven't done anything for the past year.

IGN: Łʊƈɨƒɛʀ
    Join the Discord Community!
    Arcane Legends Discord

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zylx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

I remember reading the forums back when eyes were released. General consensus was "oh this gem is so weak, no-one will use it". Look at where we are now. Ironic.

Anyway, on topic. There is only one problem with the current gem situation. It's called para gems. If we didn't have para gems in this game, everything would be just fine and all gems would be useful (besides the skulls lol). Para gems are also the reason why eyes are so powerful. If para gems didn't exist, no-one would use a full or near full eye setup.

Best and probably only solution would be to remove para gems completely from the game, but I realize it's next to impossible. So, I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I will be able to even if gems are not coming back. I already have 10 reserved. The question is, will anybody else?
    The low supply available won't allow many people to do this. I'd rather only a few players able to than everyone right as the new cap comes out.

They will most likely return during events anyway so most people will have to wait.

Unsocketing gems will never be a good idea.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

I see what you mean like para is on one socket then you put the eye on the other socket and it completes what the para cant do
    Alts: Represents,Disrespects
    [True Legend]
    "Wtf a 2pc True Legend bird???-All
    Me: I beat the impossible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Even better solution. Fix both gems, update and let them recirculate at their respective events so they only offer those stats for the first and only the first gem in a gear set. Do this for every event gem from now on.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Madnex For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

1st. I cant find any official statement from sts about para and eye discontinue
    2nd. Just release them again so ppl who missed the event can obtain that gem
    3rd. Release para again will minimalize scam issues
    4th. Release another gem to counter para, for example pure armor gem that work like para (+7armor on 1st gem, +2 armor after, etc)
    5th. Release new gear with higher stat, minimum same like old gear+para/eye

For me the best solution is release them again, many benefit for players.
    1st idea release with event like in past
    2nd idea make para/eye obtainable from bos or crates with myt rarity

Who will reject this idea? Mostly full para/eye player will reject this bcoz they know they will not superior again (but 100% zeus will not reject lol)

Who love this idea? Ppl who missed para/eye event and also some unlucky player with little gold who cant buy them

ps : same thing on goblin ring, just release them again. (I already have that goblin but lot of ppl missed that ring)

-- I Am Muted / PvP 8-9 Zone / Goat Hunter --

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

So you're telling me that you're ready to take off para gems from your gear (with a recipe) so you can share them with others? Unless you put a paracelsus gem on an Expedition riffle... Anyways, If I had the opportunity to take off a paragem from one of my gear, I'd save it for a lvl46 mythic/arcane gear.

Zeus, I think that para gems and eyes are just gems you guys farmed for. You played when the game was offering those gems, you have them and that's all. It shows that you're a veteran because you have old gems and it happens that those gems are OP. IMO, STS should make similar gems with different effects every year.

Side suggestion:create more para gems that gives different auras. We got a yellow one, then releasing a blue and a red one would be cool! People can mix gems and create different aura colors, if you have a blue and a red para gem, then the aura becomes purple and so on. having the 3 paras makes a mega black shadowy aura.=====> even cooler: Bloody Paracelcus Soul Stone (+3 STR + dmg); Glacial Para... (+3 INT + dmg; Fire Para (+ 3DEX + dmg). If we add the coloring effects, it would be awesome!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    The low supply available won't allow many people to do this. I'd rather only a few players able to than everyone right as the new cap comes out.

They will most likely return during events anyway so most people will have to wait.

Unsocketing gems will never be a good idea.
    This shouldn't even happen in the first place...para gems ruin pvp already as it is...and I'm sure timed runs are effected by this also.two or three para gems is reasonable but Jesus 10+ para gems ?!
    This is another reason I feel the new CRAFTED mythic items should be bound....it really isn't fair for the 95% of other people who can't "reserved " 10 para gems.
    Let the gems come back with the event they belong to...i don't agree with bring back para gems early or eyes that is just silly...
    Last edited by Spell; 04-29-2015 at 09:03 PM.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spell For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    68 Posts

The gems just need to come back every year they will get less rare over and over and soon any can get their hand on them. Just let time tell. It is a unfair advantage to new twinks in lower levels and older who need money for endgame so sold my para item for endgame now they are ridiculously expensive and hard to find.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Farminer's For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    The biggest mistake that developers for any mmo can do is to give old players a permanent, distinct advantage over new players. All of these gameplay altering gems are all currently no longer available, therefore, new players are not able to catch up. And when things like the Planar content are released, that are released for the top-geared, the newer players have no hope in catching up. The top things should always be available for a fair amount of work equally between everyone. Exclusive items should only be things to show off. But game-changing things need to be available for everyone, and right now, STS is severely lacking in that aspect.

Right now, the stat difference between the top-geared and the next ones down are astronomical due to these gems and pets that, oh my, aren't even available to reproduce. I'm not saying that anything needs to be nerfed, but we need equality. Hard work should be rewarded, yes, but it should not give such a permanent and immeasurable advantage over those who are absolutely unable to catch up. It's flat-out unfair and discouraging to know that no matter how hard you try, you will never be able to catch up with the best of the best, even if they haven't done anything for the past year.
    Yes!!

I've posted too many threads to count about top stuff (like sns n nightshade) not being locked to older players... I won't go into that here cause it's off topic and I know Zeus and rest of community are aware of my concerns there!

You can afford... And most of us here have at least a Para or two... But that's the right question!... What about new players???

Just as in the post above... Most people that seriously play mmos have no interest in playing when they can't ever be top (this will be even more apparent for twinks as much of end game gear will be replaced)

I dont think unsocketing is a good idea however...

As whoever hears about it first (and/or has lots of money... Cough... U... Cough... Charlie... hehe) will just buy up all the other stuff with paras and unsocket them and make more money...

I think the best way to reintroduce them would be either from a rare drop (like arena which I suggested numerous times! Would be super rare like much less than surreal gems... Not so much as neckro though!) and make them tradable! ....

Or through locked crates (since new gear is supposed to be farmable... This could be a good source of income) again tradable! And in this case not so rare that price is ridiculous... Keep cost around 1-2m (reflecting current market or maybe just a but less)

If nothing else we should have confirmatiom that these gems will definitely be returning seasonally with the events (and when posted clearly on forums) ... That way people don't lose heart!
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

The things I would like to point out have already been pointed out. I am sire that there are some players hoarding para gems just for a situation like this, and when the first lvl 46 mythic come out, there is going to be an outrageous bidding war for these gems. I know for a fact that there are people hoarding well over 50 eye gems, I for see them rising to 2-3m a piece if they scale to level 46. These can change the game, but not anywhere near as much as the difference between one para gem and none can. To put it into perspective, I am seriously considering keeping one of my level 41 items, most likely the mythic bow, just for the para gem. That's how OP it is. Providing a recipe to transfer para gems, IMO is not a viable solution as it does nothing to address way should be sts' main goal, that is, gear balance (gems included as part of gear as some are so game changing). Ravagerx solution, not allowing the gems to be crafting into lvl 42 or higher items is the ideal solution. This may upset some of the eye hoarders, but its something that is for the greater good.

Assuming that ravagerx's brilliant suggestion is not implemented, here is mine. Make the eye and para gems FARMABLE. When i say farmable, I do not mean like planar pendant or nekro. Keep them rare yes, but let them drop as mythic drops from planar tomb chest, arena chest and the elite gold chest equivalent in rage of rengol.This will not only bring life back to pve farming, but it will also make it possible for many people to get at least one of these gems, either by purchase or loot. These loot able gems should also be tradable, to prevent scamming and make it profitable. As for the non tradable para gems that people own at the moment, sts should add an option to melt them for the current market price, which I believe is 3-5 million gold.

Edit: Nvrm just read Bella's post which basically says the exact same thing I did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post

Edit: Nvrm just read Bella's post which basically says the exact same thing I did.
    Hehe... Yeah... Good minds think alike... No worries
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    I think the best way to reintroduce them would be either from a rare drop (like arena which I suggested numerous times! Would be super rare like much less than surreal gems... Not so much as neckro though!) and make them tradable! ....

Or through locked crates (since new gear is supposed to be farmable... This could be a good source of income) again tradable! And in this case not so rare that price is ridiculous... Keep cost around 1-2m (reflecting current market or maybe just a but less)
    I would hope if they ever do this, they wouldn't release actual para gems, instead they would release gems with the same stats but without the glow effect. Because it could get really annoying seeing every player with a circling glow at the bottom of their feet.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zylx View Post
    I would hope if they ever do this, they wouldn't release actual para gems, instead they would release gems with the same stats but without the glow effect. Because it could get really annoying seeing every player with a circling glow at the bottom of their feet.
    Hmm... I typically play on tab and these things don't slow me down or anything... And I don't know or play with many people that don't have multiple effects at their feet... So this doesn't affect me at all... Honestly I could care less about effects either way, but for pvp they wouldn't like that for sure...

The benefit is to let me know what my opponent if working with... So with Para for sure... Especially at twink lvs pvp... They might have a problem with that

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    935 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bellaelda View Post
    Hmm... I typically play on tab and these things don't slow me down or anything... And I don't know or play with many people that don't have multiple effects at their feet... So this doesn't affect me at all... Honestly I could care less about effects either way, but for pvp they wouldn't like that for sure...

The benefit is to let me know what my opponent if working with... So with Para for sure... Especially at twink lvs pvp... They might have a problem with that
    It doesn't slow me down either, since I have a device with a decent processor, but if the para gems do eventually become able to be infinitely produced, then sooner or later, nearly everyone will have the particle effect and STS already regrets adding the effect because it has been shown to negatively affect some players' connection speeds. Just like the old shadow veil glitch, if most of a town is covered by a visual effect, you're going to have issues with lag.

I'm not saying to remove the effect entirely, I'm just saying that it would be a good idea to remove the effect from future replications.

Arcane Legends Discord

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Why do eye and para gems are labeled as discontinued??
    They might and should come back!!

Eye gems are like new improved Tarlok gems for me and I have no issue with them.
    However, the para gems seem to widen the gaps between rich and poor more!
    But I think, the more Halloween and Winter event we get, the more supply of para and eye gems and the gap will be lessen.
    Also the stacking damage of para gem could have been lowered! Like 5 bonus damage for first para and 1 damage that stack with other para!
    That way people would get para gems but wont stack them!!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Dex Scene For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Generating a recipe that allows removal of paras and enchanted eyes from existing slots would be a cool solution to this! STG could make the recipe somewhat rare and lootable so there's something to farm for as well.
    That would be awesome so the people who first loot the recipe have the upper hand whrn removing paras amd eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

if para gems come back they should come back only in events