Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: We want mythics and crafting based on time spent NOT LUCK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Yes, there should be both systems: Work hard and you'll get all the best equips. Get lucky and also get best equips.

I think the luck system is already robust.

The work-hard system needs help. I would like to see craftable equips include currencies (tokens, kills, counts) from <the expansion for that item> to <the expansion for that item -2>. Either that or something along the lines of defeat all the current expansion bosses x500, though the token/essence display system is already in place, so probably using a token or essence system would fit in better. For counts that need to link to a specific area or zone, something like the planar tombs quest and crystal could work. Then those essences can be used as equipment currency.

Thanks for reading!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

People, who say planar fragments (aka "guaranteed loot") and to some extent dragkin teeth (somewhat guaranteed, since not every run yields a tooth) are a bad system and should not be implemented ever again, obviously don't play this game. Probably talking about some other game out there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Is this the first MMO you've ever played? Most MMOs have a shortcut to being rich, and a way to get rich by grinding. Sts is purely dependent on random number generators. You want people to spend thousands on electric currency which may not even do any good for them? Mind you there's also those who cannot afford to shell out $1000 a week on a game, because they have bills to pay and families to take care of, or tuition to pay off. Instead of seeing it from your viewpoint, which I assume by the way you type, you have a lot of money, see it from the viewpoint who doesn't have a ton of money to spare. They're going to want a chance to compete with the rich, not just wander in pink sets all the time..
    The people complaining are the f2p players because we grind some much for so little reward and that sucks. Luck based system SUCKS it's the worst kind of drop because one person can Leach and get the drop while the other works super hard and get a simple gem. I've seen this happen before and many played had gotten fustrated and quit because it's lazy and stupid. Why not add a questline for these drops. The devs worked hard on this game on the mmo part of this game but where's the RPG part you know the reason why anyone would play these games. But I guess I'm left disappointed because I expect the better part like fixed pvp instead of some crap feast who has better gear and when it's same gear there's always the person that's like "oh I'm lagging" "pshh I'll easily kill you noob" "my team sucks" and so on and nobody like these guys they are just unskilled endgame noobs. There are some "pros" but idk what pro means in this game anymore. This is just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    There is some really good feedback in this thread and I'm glad Candy brought this up. As with many of you, I had always thought to myself why the loot system is the way it is. I had always wished there to be a draw system, so that if the odds of looting are randomly were 1 in 500, that you would loot on the 500th run if you hadn't done so already. But if you looted before that, then the odds would reset. Since some people will loot on the 1st then again on the 400th, maybe make the draw for such odds be on the 750th run so that it balances out.

I still want there to be some sort of luck factor. Believe me, I totally feel where everyone is coming from because I swear I have the worst luck sometimes. The reason I want there to be luck is because grinding is extremely boring. Imagine if we got a planar recipe every 1000 runs. Sure, you would probably grind all the way until you got your 1st one. But after that, there will be very little motivation to continue knowing that your next recipe is so far away. I mean, by the time you get the 2nd one, who knows what the price will even be. When you start grinding for #2, the price of a recipe might be 18m, but by the time you get to 1000, it could be only 8m. It will get worse with the 3rd, 4th, 5th recipe, etc.

This is why I suggest there to be a luck based system, with some sort of a draw so that everyone has their chance with the luck system but the draw will ensure that people are rewarded for their hard work.
    Yup yup.. I think a crafting system along with a luck based drop system will work well.

So players can either get lucky and get the gear dropped from bosses...

Or if their luck sucks.... Then they've now gotten one step closer to their crafting goal to get said item.
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Littlegroot View Post
    I mean be realistic.
    It's a free to play game.
    You want good rare solid items, spend real money on platinums and try your luck.
    How will you expect a company to survive and grow larger if everything is easy and free of charge.
    Won't all players be equally good with the same good gears?

Where's the challenge where the fun in the game?
    The company hires staffs and pay their wages.
    What is the company monthly operating costs?
    How is the total annual operating cost for STS?

All these are free of charge? Be sensible and look forward to what STS can bring out from their pockets to AL new expansion.
    If you're unhappy with the game, by all means leave.
    They are many other new players the company is able to attract which will bring in more revenues.

So you are advocating that people simply buy the best gear and leave it at that? Then what is the point of this game if all the best should simply be purchased? Should we simply pay a few thousand dollars on day one, and get a capped toon with max gear?

Not for nothing, but of the THOUSANDS of dollars I have spent on this game, I would say most of it went towards revives, elixirs, and a few pets, with only a small minority going towards Locked Crates. Trust me, there are A LOT of expenses incurred with SERIOUS farming. Casual farming is cheap, but if you are farming FOR PROFIT in game, there is a cost associated with it. Not all farming is for locked crates or Nordr eggs. The real riches of farming comes in the challenge of end-game elites, and if there is a carrot dangling at the end of your journey which guarantees profitability....something that will help you farm more effectively, then the expense is worthwhile. Give the people that put in the time to run endgame elites something of value, and you will see more players farming, and therefore buying ankh/elixirs. Whether this money comes directly from the player, or indirectly via kit/ankh purchases in auction, STS receives revenue.

What is NOT worthwhile is pissing away platinum on 99% crate junk, burning up hundreds of dollars with absolutely nothing in return (the gambling model). What is NOT rewarding is putting in THOUSANDS of runs in one high cost map (in terms of pots and ankh) to continuously come away empty handed (the luck model). What IS rewarding, and good for the population, and good for the long term sustainability of this game is something that rewards hard grinding, AND has shortcuts via purchase or luck.

Say what you will, but farming generates revenue for STS. So, the more players that buy elixirs, use revives/ankh and works hard, the more revenue STS generates and the happier the population will be if that work is rewarded appropriately.

To be honest, I found this post incredibly offensive to the farming community. Perhaps you should reevaluate your perspective and how you view farming and its relationship in, not just this game, but in any MMO, because it is the backbone for everything else that happens in game. The market begins with the farming community that makes items available through auction, it trickles down through the merches that set market value and ultimately down to the end consumer that buys and uses these items. Without farming the entire game falls apart.

There is more to any game than just throwing cash at it. If STS is truly that non-creative, where they cannot find revenue streams outside of direct pay-to-win, then this game will fail spectacularly. Most people with the means do not mind spending money if that money is rewarded. Most people that put in countless hours do not mind doing so if that work is rewarded. NO ONE wants to spend time and/or spend money if there is nothing that comes out of it. To say otherwise is simply delusional and painfully out of touch with the fact that THIS IS A GAME, and designed to be entertaining while providing income for those that are employed at STS.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

^ yeah kalizzaa... I wasn't even going to reply I was offended by it too, but I second your post!
    Pm me if you'd like me to make you custom sig... Happy to help if I got time, and donations are accepted if u love it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    589 Posts

I mean be realistic.
    It's a free to play game.
    You want good rare solid items, spend real money on platinums and try your luck.
    How will you expect a company to survive and grow larger if everything is easy and free of charge.
    Won't all players be equally good with the same good gears?

Where's the challenge where the fun in the game?
    The company hires staffs and pay their wages.
    What is the company monthly operating costs?
    How is the total annual operating cost for STS?

All these are free of charge? Be sensible and look forward to what STS can bring out from their pockets to AL new expansion.
    If you're unhappy with the game, by all means leave.
    They are many other new players the company is able to attract which will bring in more revenues.
    This thread isn't about extorting free, easy-to-obtain mythics from STS. I think Candy made it clear enough in her opening post how dependence on luck is hurting the entire player base, not just the free-playing ones but the plat-buyers as well. It's a question of overall customer (dis)satisfaction with the state of game economics and entertainment value as it stands now, and how STS can potentially remedy that.

But to address your comment, I think alienating f2p players, telling them to suck it up, quit whining, or leave, sending them a message that a vote in how the game is run and designed is determined by how many plats they buy, is a wrong business move. F2p players are every bit part of AL player community too. They keep the economic wheel turning, the social scene vibrant, and more importantly, they can review and recommend. Keep them happy and maybe they will tell their friends to play and maybe these friends will buy plat. Happy customers bring more revenues. But tell them they don't matter, and hey guess what, there are other mmorpgs out there with more satisfying reward/loot system. Some of the posters on these thread mentioned Taichi Panda favorably. How many are equally praising about AL on Taichi Panda's community?

Remember also that plat-buyers come in all shapes and sizes. Some can afford to spend thousands of dollars on plat to open lockeds. Some only buy a few hundreds plat to spend on kits so they can make some cash in game. Some buy rarely and only enough maybe to buy a mythic pet. Some only buy when they get graduation/Christmas gift money or end of year work bonus. How do you determine their right to have a say in how the game is constructed? All I know is, if non-paying players are unhappy and leave en masse, they will hurt the game for the paying-players as well.

I think it's funny how some paying players think it's OK to tell f2p players to shut up or get out when STS is making strides toward making f2p players enjoy the game more, and thus winning their loyalty. Ankh, respec, and elixir kits; pets that were previously only purchasable by plat made available in egg crates; auction/inventory/character slots purchasable with tokens, these had helped f2p players participate more fully in game. I'm guardedly hopeful that this means STS will continue this trend and come up with a more balanced economy and better retention of active players.
    Last edited by ilhanna; 04-29-2015 at 07:01 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ilhanna For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Sadly those who fire back at me doesn't understand how a free to play mobile game company business model should work.
    You guys are just 1 to 10% out of the whole population of AL players.
    Or to make it easier to understand, you guys only contribute 1 to 10% of the AL revenue.

Please note there are two types of games.
    1. U pay money buy the game bring it home and play or pay download from Internet and play. Let's call it offline games.
    it can be connected online to play too. That's for multiplayer mode.
    Companies earn money by selling these games - main revenue
    Many other ways these companies can earn more revenues by selling stuffs in their multiplayer modes too, but it isn't where the main revenue comes from.

2. U download the game from the internet into your PC / MacBook / Mobile Devices and play
    It's free to download
    It's free to play
    Company main revenue is from more players downloading the games and spending tons of real money in this game to open special chests or crates or whatever u call it.
    It's always based on a luck system to get rare or the best gears.
    If everything is so easily available, this game would have died long ago. Why?
    Simple logic, they will need to continuously come out with new contents more frequently and more expansion more level caps more new gears.
    To create more stuffs for the game, you need more manpower! Meaning they will have to hire 4-5 times more employees to cope with the demand from their players. Because everyone is having the same gears easily available to them.
    Can the company earn enough to support the high overheads?
    Wake up please...
    You spend 1k 2k 3k 4k 5k all the way to 15k on a monthly basics on opening chest, and you expect to get rare items 100%.
    Dream on!!

If the gameplay is solid and the game environment and content is fantastic, the game company will still be able to attract more new players into this game of AL.
    What is the world population of people using their smart phones?
    All of u that is firing back at me, what % are u guys vs the big population of potential smart phone users who have not tried the game?

Think about it before you talk.
    Go study and get s business degree or something
    Get some work experience in other gaming companies to learn more about similar industry as this game.

Hint: I come from a gaming industry company and its bigger than STS but I enjoyed this game very much.
    It is also a must for me to research my competitions around this particular free to play industry.

So I would say, your comments make me roll down on the floor laughing or slapping my head against my head.
    We have players in other games spending more than USD$20,000 monthly they still write in and complain to us no rare items from opening chests.
    How many of such players do we have? Plenty! Lose one still have thousands of such players.
    This a is game for long term playing, not a quick 30-60 seconds free to play game.
    They are many different business strategies for different types or modes of free to play game.

Hahaha!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,021 Posts

Regardless if you come from gaming industry or not you are still an outsider of StS. Hard to make predictions of their business model if you aren't actually an employee.
    Last edited by Candylicks; 04-29-2015 at 10:39 PM. Reason: Removed my comment of jerk. Sorry

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ilhanna View Post
    This thread isn't about extorting free, easy-to-obtain mythics from STS. I think Candy made it clear enough in her opening post how dependence on luck is hurting the entire player base, not just the free-playing ones but the plat-buyers as well. It's a question of overall customer (dis)satisfaction with the state of game economics and entertainment value as it stands now, and how STS can potentially remedy that.

But to address your comment, I think alienating f2p players, telling them to suck it up, quit whining, or leave, sending them a message that a vote in how the game is run and designed is determined by how many plats they buy, is a wrong business move. F2p players are every bit part of AL player community too. They keep the economic wheel turning, the social scene vibrant, and more importantly, they can review and recommend. Keep them happy and maybe they will tell their friends to play and maybe these friends will buy plat. Happy customers bring more revenues. But tell them they don't matter, and hey guess what, there are other mmorpgs out there with more satisfying reward/loot system. Some of the posters on these thread mentioned Taichi Panda favorably. How many are equally praising about AL on Taichi Panda's community?

Remember also that plat-buyers come in all shapes and sizes. Some can afford to spend thousands of dollars on plat to open lockeds. Some only buy a few hundreds plat to spend on kits so they can make some cash in game. Some buy rarely and only enough maybe to buy a mythic pet. Some only buy when they get graduation/Christmas gift money or end of year work bonus. How do you determine their right to have a say in how the game is constructed? All I know is, if non-paying players are unhappy and leave en masse, they will hurt the game for the paying-players as well.

I think it's funny how some paying players think it's OK to tell f2p players to shut up or get out when STS is making strides toward making f2p players enjoy the game more, and thus winning their loyalty. Ankh, respec, and elixir kits; pets that were previously only purchasable by plat made available in egg crates; auction/inventory/character slots purchasable with tokens, these had helped f2p players participate more fully in game. I'm guardedly hopeful that this means STS will continue this trend and come up with a more balanced economy and better retention of active players.

Yes STS can choose to evolve can change things here and there to make it even easier for players who wants easy access to certain platinums items.
    A great example are the ones u mentioned, ankhs.. Etc...
    This is to keep the overall huge base of players happy.
    Simple as that.
    But main revenue still comes from LUCK SYSTEM.
    Trust me, LUCK system will always work and always in use for gaming companies on bringing in their main revenues.
    This is the key for any of such related companies to grow larger.

Let me point out to you STS latest strategy on gameplay or updates.
    Mythic pet, LnL
    This is the first time they introduce a mythic pet inside locked.
    Lastest and newest mythic pet!!
    Yes it can be bought from stable like how it should be in the past for a good 250 platinums or whatever amount.

But why released it inside locked or chest or crates based on LUCK system immediately?
    Why?
    Do you think more revenues will come in from stables or from opening special chests for STS?

That's an obvious answer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Your tone is offensive and you miss the point of my thread. Regardless if you come from the gaming industry or not - people that speak like you make US slap ourselves with faceplant.

Learn to communicate as the business man that you are. Shooting insults to the community demonstrates that you are just a jerk.

Am I a jerk?
    Was I too offensive?
    Did I use words like jerk?

I don't know, maybe you guys know better
    It's a general discussion, I am allow to point out my view without using offensive words?
    Am I wrong?
    I can choose to pick sides, it's free will.
    From my point of view I can share my thoughts too?
    Am I wrong to say that?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

If you're unhappy with my comments and thoughts
    Or I am not giving support to your suggestions in this thread at general discussion, fine.

Tell you what since you find my post negative and offensive, I hereby sincerely.... Say:
    I apologise
    I am sorry
    I am leaving this thread and won't reply to any more posts in this thread.

If that makes everyone happy, I do it

Cheers and Goodbye!

Remember: I won't be replying or posting anymore inside here, no point to quote my posts.

Keep up the good work STS.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlegroot For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Sadly those who fire back at me doesn't understand how a free to play mobile game company business model should work.
    Or to make it easier to understand, you guys only contribute 1 to 10% of the AL revenue.

1. U pay money buy the game bring it home and play or pay download from Internet and play. Let's call it offline games.
    Many other ways these companies can earn more revenues by selling stuffs in their multiplayer modes too, but it isn't where the main revenue comes from.

2. U download the game from the internet into your PC / MacBook / Mobile Devices and play
    It's free to download
    It's free to play
    Company main revenue is from more players downloading the games and spending tons of real money in this game to open special chests or crates or whatever u call it.
    Simple logic, they will need to continuously come out with new contents more frequently and more expansion more level caps more new gears.
    To create more stuffs for the game, you need more manpower! Meaning they will have to hire 4-5 times more employees to cope with the demand from their players. Because everyone is having the same gears easily available to them.
    Wake up please...
    You spend 1k 2k 3k 4k 5k all the way to 15k on a monthly basics on opening chest, and you expect to get rare items 100%.
    Dream on!!

If the gameplay is solid and the game environment and content is fantastic, the game company will still be able to attract more new players into this game of AL.
    All of u that is firing back at me, what % are u guys vs the big population of potential smart phone users who have not tried the game?

Get some work experience in other gaming companies to learn more about similar industry as this game.

Hint: I come from a gaming industry company and its bigger than STS but I enjoyed this game very much.
    It is also a must for me to research my competitions around this particular free to play industry.

So I would say, your comments make me roll down on the floor laughing or slapping my head against my head.
    We have players in other games spending more than USD$20,000 monthly they still write in and complain to us no rare items from opening chests.
    How many of such players do we have? Plenty! Lose one still have thousands of such players.
    This a is game for long term playing, not a quick 30-60 seconds free to play game.
    They are many different business strategies for different types or modes of free to play game.

Hahaha!!
    Again... I reset your statements.

The only way your succeed on a ftp game is by creating a large player base.

I believe that most of us here on forums are long time players and that we do spend money (some more than others)! If u just want to buy your items straight up... then maybe you are the one playing the wrong game... Rpg games are meant to be farmed and if you don't enjoy farming and lvling and just want to pay to be best for a set monetary value... Then maybe try another style game. I know most the people on this thread and we have an absurd amount of time and money invested with sts and do appreciate what they do! We just want to see them do better!

In any case I think the majority of our community (not just 1-10%) are sick of the current purely luck based system!

As I'd prefer to keep this thread on topic... Sorry for the baby rant... And please just keep money issues on another thread

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Guys and gals this is really simple don't feed into what he's saying. It's not worth the time or effort. People who state things like this either don't spend any money or don't grind there butts off its a waste of time going back and forth with this guy complete waste of time.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Yes STS can choose to evolve can change things here and there to make it even easier for players who wants easy access to certain platinums items.
    A great example are the ones u mentioned, ankhs.. Etc...
    This is to keep the overall huge base of players happy.
    Simple as that.
    But main revenue still comes from LUCK SYSTEM.
    Trust me, LUCK system will always work and always in use for gaming companies on bringing in their main revenues.
    This is the key for any of such related companies to grow larger.

Let me point out to you STS latest strategy on gameplay or updates.
    Mythic pet, LnL
    This is the first time they introduce a mythic pet inside locked.
    Lastest and newest mythic pet!!
    Yes it can be bought from stable like how it should be in the past for a good 250 platinums or whatever amount.

But why released it inside locked or chest or crates based on LUCK system immediately?
    Why?
    Do you think more revenues will come in from stables or from opening special chests for STS?

That's an obvious answer.
    I don't know how vast your gaming experience is but from this post your way in left with some of your assessments. I've been gaming for a very long time probably longer than you been living. And I got to admit this is the worst system for obtaining items I've seen by far. Yes you are right that luck is used in a lot of games. But to have luck as the sole key component to gain rare items is totally absurd. I mean who does that.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

It's free to download
    It's free to play
    Wake up please...
    Dream on!!

Hahaha!!
    I don't believe for one sec that you work in the gaming industry. And no one spends 20,000 dollars on a game, a month. No one in this community is that dumb to believe that. And if you work for such a big gaming company that can produce better gaming content than STS then why play? Obviously they should be able to produce a better product. I'm going to bite the bullet on this for the whole community here. Dev's I'm sorry amd whatever infractions you hand down I accept them wholeheartedly without any complaints. But dude don't get here trying to insult this damn community like we are some damn whiny babies who just crying to get ahead. We work are asses too get what we earned and we are a solid community and we stick and we stand together so I'm asking you not to bother or piss us off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Candylicks View Post
    Regardless if you come from gaming industry or not you are still an outsider of StS. Hard to make predictions of their business model if you aren't actually an employee.
    Oh, you edited your post that is for me.

my smiling face has many words with a : and a )

Guess I can't comment much on your post, else some people will find me offensive and this will be never ending.

Well, all I can say in a positive manner is...
    The big boys or investors that runs STS knows what they're doing with their business strategy and they have a workable business plan to convince more investors to join STS.
    Customer Service is always important, feedback are always welcome.
    My time is precious, I do not wish to waste any more time here.

Cheers!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by regizakirs.rs View Post
    I don't believe for one sec that you work in the gaming industry. And no one spends 20,000 dollars on a game, a month. No one in this community is that dumb to believe that. And if you work for such a big gaming company that can produce better gaming content than STS then why play? Obviously they should be able to produce a better product. I'm going to bite the bullet on this for the whole community here. Dev's I'm sorry amd whatever infractions you hand down I accept them wholeheartedly without any complaints. But dude don't get here trying to insult this damn community like we are some damn whiny babies who just crying to get ahead. We work are asses too get what we earned and we are a solid community and we stick and we stand together so I'm asking you not to bother or piss us off.
    hello there i happen to saw your post,

You don't believe me?
    i shall reply you with a

Go ask STS if what i say regarding players in other games spending USD$20,000 on a monthly basics is True or False?

Cheers!

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

You don't believe me?
    i shall reply you with a

Go ask STS if what i say regarding players in other games spending USD$20,000 on a monthly basics is True or False?

Cheers!
    I sure will

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

You don't believe me?
    i shall reply you with a

Cheers!
    Meh... I have no doubt some other leading mobas, mmos, or other games (cough... Candy crush, lol) may have a few players spending that kind of money (we've also had a few players in this game that have spent that kind of money!)... The issue is this....

1) this thread is not about revenue sources for sts and how they make money

2) those kinda spenders are rare in any game... Not many of us are sons or daughters of oil... or titled heirs... (and most our celebs that play would prolly want to be paid to play for sponsorship... J/k)...

Please just troll another thread... As this thread really matters to most of us in the community

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellaelda For This Useful Post: