Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Gem Disparity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    Honestly it's not fair to the people who actually saved their paras since October. It was known when para gems came out that they were only available for plat tier during Halloween event. There is no good reason for them to come out before October.

I have to give credit to anyone who did save their para gems. They deserve the high price they are gonna get from them once the new cap comes out. I wouldn't have been able to save mine for that long.

Suggesting ungemming anything is a terrible idea and will never get implemented here. You get one shot per gem. If you put it in a bad item you can only blame yourself.
    I think ungemming is a terrible idea as well. Rich get richer.

However, I'm not opposed to para gems appearing in another event sooner than October. The nature of marching and hoarding should be unpredictable. You take a risk when you hoard. Don't feel bad for hoarders. They can sell at any time. The longer they wait, the bigger the reward, but also there is always a risk that an item is reintroduced before you expect it.

There shouldn't be rules about what times of the year rare items can appear. That's just silly.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iinorex View Post
    1. my points is that zeus may not have 10 extra paras for him based on what he said in a different thread which ultimately questions the reason for him saying "i have 10 paras for myself what about others?"
    2. zeus also said one needs a "stockpile" of paragems in order to benefit from them in his main thread description
    That is untrue. He said that many para gems are not as beneficial without eye gems. Eye gems make up for the loss in health and mana that para gems result in, and para gems make up of the loss of damage created as a result of gemming many eye gems into your gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

To me the best solution definitely seems to be to make the new mythic sets untradeable, but the crafting components tradeable... this is the case with the planar pendant and it hasn't put many players off being desperate to get it, farming hours of arena on end, and paying 10mil+ for a recipe and even more when it was first released.

Otherwise since you are one of very few players who would be able to fully para gem a set if the mythics were to be tradeable: if you so strongly feel like you actually wanna play on a fairer playing field with the rest of the player base because this would somehow enhance your gaming experience or because you want to prove some sort of point.... just don't do it?

Surely the only reason you want to gem your gear with 10 para gems is precisely because of the fact it will make you totally OP with stats leagues above pretty much every other player?

I too kinda fail to see the logic behind this thread: its kind of like "I and an extreme tiny number of players will be able to and intend on abusing para gems again in the new expansion... how do you think you might be able to stop me/us?" :3
    Last edited by Dalmony; 04-30-2015 at 01:15 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dalmony For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    To me the best solution definitely seems to be to make the new mythic sets untradeable, but the crafting components tradeable... this is the case with the planar pendant and it hasn't put many players off being desperate to get it, farming hours of arena on end, and paying 10mil+ for a recipe and even more when it was first released.

Otherwise since you are one of very few players who would be able to fully para gem a set if the mythics were to be tradeable: if you so strongly feel like you actually wanna play on a fairer playing field with the rest of the player base because this would somehow enhance your gaming experience or because you want to prove some sort of point.... just don't do it?

Surely the only reason you want to gem your gear with 10 para gems is precisely because of the fact it will make you totally OP with stats leagues above pretty much every other player?

I too kinda fail to see the logic behind this thread :3
    If the option exists, I am not going to deny myself it. Currently, the option exists to gem multiple para gems. Do I like it? No, but I do what I need to do. However, I believe that others should have that same chance just as I did w/ SnS.

I think you're misunderstanding my point. I do not believe in equality of stats - that in itself is competitiveness. However, I do believe that there should be a chance for everyone to obtain the same stats. That's why I agree on SNS return in the same manner as before. That is why I have made this thread.

By making the mythic sets untradeable, you would be shooting a lot of players in the foot. Again, the minimum these sets are going to cost is 30-40m judging from the planar recipe. So, who in their right mind besides the uber rich is going to permanently lose 40m on a set that is going to be replaced? Not many. Again, this is not a solution.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Current upgraded mythic set is untradable, so logically, the next set should be as well.

If you have plans on selling anything it should be the various components that are part of the crafting of the new Legenday and Mythic sets. Hell, they could even make it so that the Legendary set is tradeable just like the current dark crystal and imbued sets, since those will be needed as a base for the new mythic sets anyhow (just like the base models of the Uller, Himingleva, and Villi are needed before you upgrade to the 36 set, which are also tradeable).

But lets leave the perfected new mythic set as a bound and untradeable.
    Lvl 46 Mage - Sorcerie|Lvl 46 Rogue - Noxbolt

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

To be honest I don't think the first concern of the entire rest of the player base (the ones who are unable to get their hands on para gems) is going to be how to stack their new sets with 10 para gems....

We need to actually earn the set first before we even start thinking about what gems to put into it, and by the time most of us actually earn the set through farming, it will already be October anyway at which point I presume para gems or their new equivalent will be released during the Halloween event.

If the set costs 30mil, anyone who can afford to just buy it outright as soon as possible without bankrupting themselves completely does not belong to the class of players that you are concerned for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Iinorex View Post
    he also stated in a thread the he is not able to cross the 835 damage mark because he lacks a para gem in his planar pendant and he cant give anyone to gem it because planar pendants are untradeable...makes me wonder does he really have 10 para gems or did he just say that so that we think the purpose of this thread is not self gain
    I have players that will sell me the gems for 5-6m a piece. Some I have pre-paid for (4), some I have not (6).

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanem View Post
    Current upgraded mythic set is untradable, so logically, the next set should be as well.

If you have plans on selling anything it should be the various components that are part of the crafting of the new Legenday and Mythic sets. Hell, they could even make it so that the Legendary set is tradeable just like the current dark crystal and imbued sets, since those will be needed as a base for the new mythic sets anyhow (just like the base models of the Uller, Himingleva, and Villi are needed before you upgrade to the 36 set, which are also tradeable).

But lets leave the perfected new mythic set as a bound and untradeable.
    Current upgraded mythic set was made untradeable because they did not want people crafting sets and selling to make money. That was the only reason and you can quote it, I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Dalmony View Post
    To be honest I don't think the first concern of the entire rest of the player base (the ones who are unable to get their hands on para gems) is going to be how to stack their new sets with 10 para gems....

We need to actually earn the set first before we even start thinking about what gems to put into it, and by the time most of us actually earn the set through farming, it will already be October anyway at which point I presume para gems or their new equivalent will be released during the Halloween event.

If the set costs 30mil, anyone who can afford to just buy it outright as soon as possible without bankrupting themselves completely does not belong to the class of players that you are concerned for.
    If we are talking "outright as soon as possible", then the cost will be a lot higher than 30-40m a set. Take a look @ the imbued set. The potency/brut set was originally 80M. 30-40m is my estimation after depreciation occurs.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-30-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I have players that will sell me the gems for 5-6m a piece. Some I have paid for, some I have not.
    So then, is this about you being able to give your new mythic set to the persons who're holding your paragems? Because if the new mythic set is untradable you won't be able to stack para's, and if you try to use them on the Legandary set and go to upgrade to the mythic those paras will be lost.

There's a reason those gems weren't tradeable parth, and it's because of stat junkies like you who feel the need to have unchaseable stats.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Current upgraded mythic set was made untradeable because they did not want people crafting sets and selling to make money. That was the only reason and you can quote it, I believe
    And you're saying you like for the new mythic set to be tradable for that reason? Or for the one I just mentioned?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

So then, is this about you being able to give your new mythic set to the persons who're holding your paragems? Because if the new mythic set is untradable you won't be able to stack para's, and if you try to use them on the Legandary set and go to upgrade to the mythic those paras will be lost.

There's a reason those gems weren't tradeable parth, and it's because of stat junkies like you who feel the need to have unchaseable stats.
    No, the players with these gems are not scammers and I have bought gems from them in the past & most of the suppliers are offering insurance. My point is that para gems make a huge difference and the fact only certain players can have them is an issue. It's the same issue w/ SNS & something you saw me support even when it did not benefit me to have SNS re-released.

You, or anyone else for that matter, cannot stop players from having unchaseable stats. That's the entire point of a MMO. There are still many other factors that will make huge differences: para-gemmed frost bow, para-gemmed arcane ring, para-gemmed planar pendant, Nekro, SNS. The way the game is designed, this will always happen. So, why deny others from having the same chance at obtaining these stats?
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-30-2015 at 01:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

No, the players with these gems are not scammers and I have bought gems from them in the past & most of the suppliers are offering insurance. My point is that para gems make a huge difference and the fact only certain players can have them is an issue. It's the same issue w/ SNS & something you saw me support even when it did not benefit me to have SNS re-released.

You, or anyone else for that matter, cannot stop players from having unchaseable stats. The way the game is designed, this will always happen. So, why deny others from having the same chance at obtaining these stats?
    The only way to stop players who want unchaseable stats is to put certain check and balances. Making certain gears bound/untradable as well as gems does just that, what you're suggesting is to let you and anyone else who can afford it to run around with 70% - 80% crit and over 1k damage. And this would be fun and fair how?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts

If the set is untradeable lets face it... people are still going to want it, and the price of its components will be determined by what people are able to and willing to pay as is always the case. If people don't want to or can't match the prices that some are willing to pay for the parts, there will be the farming/crafting route.

It's laughable to imply that people won't be interested if the set is soulbound. You and plenty of others will want to be the first or among the first to acquire the set at all costs, regardless of whether it's tradeable or untradeable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

The only way to stop players who want unchaseable stats is to put certain check and balances. Making certain gears bound/untradable as well as gems does just that, what you're suggesting is to let you and anyone else who can afford it to run around with 70% - 80% crit and over 1k damage. And this would be fun and fair how?
    Does it stop it? No, it doesn't solve the issue. It just teaches us to stockpile paras to last 2-3 expansions by the time Halloween comes. So, no...you cannot stop goals of players. We all look for different things in game. Personally, I chase stats. The reason is, that way I know if there's a mistake happening w/ my gameplay, I cannot blame it on my stats but must find the true reason.

Anyways, I've said my input and cannot keep repeating myself. It's now up to developers to read the content of this thread and make a decision.
    Last edited by Zeus; 04-30-2015 at 02:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

Have para and eyes lootable from arena chest with relevant rarity.
    You want mana? Here have a BANANA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Terminhater View Post
    Have para and eyes lootable from arena chest with relevant rarity.
    Para should come in event. There's already a recipe for Eye.

And for you Zeus, I think you're the only one who play this game mainly for stats.
    Is this a show-off thread or like a warning thread to others that you will be the most para-gemmed player? Seriously, if you've already thought about this then why would you buy those paras? If you do care the non-plats then why did you state you've stocked 10 paras? It's just so ridiculous. There is no way out. You aren't new here, if you can't accept our feedbacks, you can simply PM one of those devs, they respond you fast and I know it because you are a massive plat user. Like how you get the Zeus IGN, I thought you were Apollo.

Back to the thread, I already suggested my own idea early. I think that adding new gems is the best option for STS. Don't ruin the past, because we can't. (Don't mind the last sentence.)
    Last edited by Maunyabastian; 04-30-2015 at 06:09 PM.
    I wish I were me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

He's both Zeus and Apollo.

Players that have been in a game longer will always have an advantage over newer players. That's always the case. You don't start a new game and have all the areas open, all the secrets unlocked, all the gold you want.

It takes time to accumulate it.

They should just release new gems or re-release old gems. The game moves forward and new levels mean new items to gem.

Star light, star bright...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maunyabastian View Post
    Para should come in event. There's already a recipe for Eye.

And for you Zeus, I think you're the only one who play this game mainly for stats.
    Is this a show-off thread or like a warning thread to others that you will be the most para-gemmed player? Seriously, if you've already thought about this then why would you buy those paras? If you do care the non-plats then why did you state you've stocked 10 paras? It's just so ridiculous. There is no way out. You aren't new here, if you can't accept our feedbacks, you can simply PM one of those devs, they respond you fast and I know it because you are a massive plat user. Like how you get the Zeus IGN, I thought you were Apollo.

Back to the thread, I already suggested my own idea early. I think that adding new gems is the best option for STS. Don't ruin the past, because we can't. (Don't mind the last sentence.)
    Let the gear come out. When you and others have to compete with maxed para gemmed players with no chance of obtaining your own para gems, then you'll see exactly why I made this thread.

I've had both the IGN Zeus & Apollo since the start of my game.

So, can you please stop instigating?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Dear STS & community

This post is really good for all, talking about fairness to all players in this game. So that, when we discuss this situation we shouldn't think about us and our benfits we should think about each player in this game because we are talking about fairness.

First of all, I think we have alot of gems in last 12 month, we got para gems and after that we got enchaned eye gems, so that when the game release gems in short period the poor players will not get any benfits, because they trying to use the previous gems to increase there strength, so they buy it and they did not use it,, so where is the fair. So I Think STS should give enough time to poor player use there gems.

Second, talk about releasing new gems only rich player who got the gems for free from events and sell it for poor players untill rich players be happy from getting money, and they think they are enough,so, they will ask for another new gems to get more and more money..

Hint: most of players who has this gems and they didn't use it yet poor player in this game so you should think about them. So "new gems no benefits" for them.

This is my point

So that when we talk about fairness we shouldn't talk about gems.. No point... is that right ?
    The important case is pets... In PVP game the player who has (nekro) pet will never ever lose !! And it cost alot of money only rich player can get this pet. So that, its eliminate fun and challenge in this game.. And am planning to write new post about this case.

Best regards

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I agree with you Ark. This is a pointless thread. Those gems should never come back period. If you happened to save those gems, more powered to you.

As this game progress, and lvl gets higher, everyone will have a fair chance at similar stats and gears (with future gears/items), except for a very select few who save their gems. But, eventually those gems will be depleted.

Like you said, people, who like to show off or the filthy rich wants them back so they can bragged about how OP their characters are.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

This is turning into nerf op player thread. There is a benefit to having more gold. Buying what you want is that benefit.

The point should never be to give to poor and take away from rich. The point should be to give to everyone.

Everyone was allowed to run for para gems and eye gems.

People say para gems weren't meant to be stacked but I remember interactive convos with devs about multiple paras. That's why first one gives different stats than the others. Also a very interactive convo about eye gems. You will be playing catch up to people that started before you or people that spend more money than you or people that grind harder/faster than you.

Fact is, there is a gem disparity. How anyone wants to fix that or not is what this thread is about.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Kriticality For This Useful Post: