Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Lustrous Axe

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Suentous PO View Post
    The idea isn't that all pinks have same drop rate, but that it's bizarre to say that in one campaign only one set piece could have it's own personal drop rate for no reason.
    Being a farmer myself, I wholeheartedly agree. Here is an excerpt of a great post Sue made on the Lust axe selling thread before the thread went *poof*.
    Friends,
    Let's leave behind the irrelevant comparison of dark purples and CRAFTING pinks. As King correctly points out crafting is a separate table.
    The rarity of normal pinks items is simply "pink rarity". Devs have never made a pink item of one stat drop less than others. Drop tables are not made with differing % rates.
    The stat of an item (str int dex) does not influence rarity.
    What you see drop randomly is not evidence of a totality of info. This is why in peer review a group study and control is demanded to keep out misleading info.
    What you see drop is not what the tables have coded, you don't see the code. If you roll a dice and get a 3 that does not mean there are more. 3s or that the dice is loaded for 3s. That's called a fallacy of perception. You can not know dex items drop less because that's what you experienced, in fact the last slayer run I only got a dex item, so if I were to use your logic, it is clear it items drop more- but that is not true ofc.
    The only info saying only one str item is coded to be so rare is you, and I have many reasons to not believe your word.

Konz is still farmed often and every day that the ax does not drop proves the ax does not exist in a drop table. It's going on a year and no item has ever been so rare as to not show up 9 months latter.

Every day it doesn't drop proves it isn't in the game.

-Suentous PO
    I need your help.
    Let me further explain the drop system in Pocket Legends. In the beginning campaigns, no pink items were considered super rare to be obtained in the first place. Just because You can drop a vyxnarr helm at level 25 and claim "OH MAH GAWD!! I'm super lucky compared to the fellow buddy running Forbidden Castle with you thst got a meh fathom crypt Pink." does not mean the vyxnarr helm wont be dropped for quite some time.
    Help me run different areas of Ancient Caverns.
    I believe the drop systems started to diversify during sewers, as I have seen multiple threads compiling information on what sewer bosses drop, and how people farm that same map to get the items that only exist in that map. It will be a hassle for me to look them up, so I trust Sue or any other vets with the passion to do it on my behalf.
    For the sake of the axe that never exist.
    The drop systems went back to normal pretty much on Nuris(postnerf) and onwards, combining the odds of getting a recipe with ordinary pinks at both Nuris & Fang, and crafting materials are added to the mix starting from Humania. Vanity was added to the mix on some maps, slayer & eruptions on perhaps a lower drop rate compared to the original system.
    We can dream, can't we? Help a nub researcher out pls pls
    I believe crafting materials are of a whole different percentage compared to normal pinks altogether, as I have seen more essences drop compared to gear. This theory cannot be proven at Konzite, since the guardians protecting Konzite & the big golems do drop pinks as well, mostly gear.
    Well thats awkward I literally kowtowed to the entire community
    A pink will never be as rare as to only drop once in multiple blue moons unless confirmed by a dev. This is why we need a developer to comment on this.

Similarly, a map will never be as rare as to drop more gear unless the devs confirmed it. Such examples include Forgotten Forest & Elite Onyx.

WHITE FONTS 4 LYFE!!!
    Last edited by Delolster; 05-08-2015 at 10:06 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Delolster For This Useful Post: