Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rogue Event aka Planar arena

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I see a lot of people are misinformed about tanks and arena.
    Yes a lot of people prefer 4 rogues; but right behind that is a 3 rogue 1 tank party preference
    The problem isnt the uselessness of tanks; rather the ratio of 3:1.
    We are the support class that is sadly been underskilled by STS ( need some buff skills guys!), it would be counterproductive having more than 1 support class per party
    It does take me time to find a pt, but thats because all my usual runners are already in pts ( with a tank).
    Tanks are NOT useless in arena, though their use is minimal.
    Ankh-saving is a big part of tanking; i personally run at 6:30-8min with my favourite party ( shout out to super skilled "vietnam pro" rogues) and 8-10min with mixed pts so speed isnt that huge a factor either
    This makes me want to make a tank guide for arena. Some bosses need a different way of holding aggro then others, while some almost cant be aggroed and its useless trying it against them.....mm i might make one

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to merch_master For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    Yes a lot of people prefer 4 rogues; but right behind that is a 3 rogue 1 tank party preference
    We are the support class that is sadly been underskilled by STS ( need some buff skills guys!), it would be counterproductive having more than 1 support class per party
    It does take me time to find a pt, but thats because all my usual runners are already in pts ( with a tank).
    Ankh-saving is a big part of tanking; i personally run at 6:30-8min with my favourite party ( shout out to super skilled "vietnam pro" rogues) and 8-10min with mixed pts so speed isnt that huge a factor either
    This makes me want to make a tank guide for arena. Some bosses need a different way of holding aggro then others, while some almost cant be aggroed and its useless trying it against them.....mm i might make one
    Thank you my whole point in making this thread was to point out that we aren't useless, and we do need some buffs to make us more of a productive unit. It's not just the arena I just picked it to make my stand is all. Ty for your suport.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts

Yes, almost all my friends only play on their rogues now....

Caabatric. The one nub sorcerer you wont forget.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    That would be good, I don't run arena with my warrior because no one wants someone that's just there to pratice since ankhs are so expensive

sent from fritters beak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    655 Posts

Yeah the problem isn't completing with warriors which I totally don't mind doing, but many other players that don't have warriors in the party are finishing arena between 5-6min. And the anks you save with warrior isn't much different, even the tank gets one hit. That's the issue here that STS needs to look at. I feel so bad for warriors. Most have already made a rogue.

I won't lie, I used to be a tank too and it's very hard. I've committed a couple of twink tanks and thank God they're somewhat op and desired at those levels. At endgame, your either a shield for rogues at pvp or get left out on runs.
    Last edited by Kakashis; 05-10-2015 at 12:56 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

I just hope sts would change the duration of the aggro from warriors to mobs/bosses abit longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Warriors dont slow the party that much. I had quite a few runs with warriors this weekend and we managed to finish arena in below 6 minutes almost every time. The problem is, imho, that even the warriors who are very very well geared (missing only arcane ring) can get one hit. How come is that even possible?!?

Anyhow i do not mind running with experienced warriors ever. You are all very welcome in my pts. But I do agree that sts maybe should have made an event not in the only map that is only bosses and thus favors rogues, which were designed to cope with bosses.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yesterday when I randomly enter planar arena, most I see is Warr, Some Sorc, and rarely Rogue. Often find 2 warr in a run, then the other player leave map because too many warr. Even sometimes 3 warr. This can mean that too many warr in AL or not many player want warr in their party.
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Newcomx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I like having a warrior in the party but I've jumped in PUGs where there're 3 warriors and me. And all the new people coming in are also warriors...

So yeah, a few too many warriors there.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

+1000 to waiting zone idea. i was hoping it to.

And i really like 1 warrior 2 rogue partys. its more safety probably i ll die 0-1 time on avarage with 1 good war 2 good rogue.

i am mage and i think its hard to find a party for mages. atleast warrior can safe party. but mages with 1000 armor and low damages really hard to find a party.

just saying= a full mythic rogue party without damage kits can finish arena maybe in 6-7 min and not safety.

i am doing it 2 rogue + me = 8 min.
    3 rogue + me = 8 min
    2 rogue 2 mage = 8-9 min
    2 rogue 1 war + me = 9 min pure safety

timings from my experience with allways same players (lucky me in my fl have 4-5 rogue when they are online + not busy i can get a party lol)
    so timings not so big different but still almost imposible to find party for wars+mages