Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I don't think Arcane Legend is as Fun as the old days!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

I miss Crystal caverns and Tunnels of Valheim in the old days (Lv 31 Cap), It used to be one of the best Locked Farming spot and many people go there. Now it's not anymore, because STS remove the loot table . And I also miss the Lv 10 PVP when there was no Paracelsus gem user.

Don't forget to add salt
    IGN(s): Aprove (Rogue - New) | Aproved (Sorcerer - Old)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alhuntrazeck View Post
    I swear, PvE is becoming more interesting than PvP these days. And this is coming from the guy who used to "lol@pve" to counter keikali's "lol@pvp"s. There are 2 main reasons:

1. Gear Discrepancies

Gone are the days when all one had to do to be good in PvP was to farm for decently atttainable gear, then practice, practice, practice until they got good at PvP. Right now, HOWEVER skilled you are, if you're geared out with mythic armor & helm with a legendary weapon, you'll get trashed 10 times out of 10 by a maxed out opponent. It is getting so pathetically ridiculous that people are beginning to not bother about PvP at all. Why would they, if every time they stepped into PvP, a frost bow, arcane ring, Planar amulet, imbued rogue comes along running from spawn to spawn 1 hitting them in TDM and camping outside waiting for the spawn bubble to run out in CTF?

The clear reason is this; the differences between the top-of-the-line gear and the second best gear is far too large. The elite players who spend real life money or pour hours and hours into this game to get the best gear deserve to have great gear! But not at the rate things are at the moment. Let's take a look at the gear discrepancies between an average-geared player and one who is maxed-out -

(From a rogue and mage POV. My warrior hasn't been geared out yet so I can't comment here)

The weapon: The difference between an Expedition Rifle and the Elondrian Rifle is a whopping 90+ damage and about 200-300 HP depending on gems!

Ring: The arcane ring gives an average boost of 300 HP and 40 damage over a Blood Ruby depending, again, on gems.

And amulet: The L41 mythic amulet is the strangest of all, giving a ground-breaking 600 HP increase over a Lunar or Fang!

Overall: a maxed out opponent versus an average, mythic armor & helm user has 1.1k HP more, and 130 damage more. And we're not even including the arcane pets here versus an average user's Slag or Malison!

Which wouldn't be as much of a problem if this top-of-the-line gear was actually obtainable. The reality? It sure as hell isn't! The total cost of completely gearing out your character including an arcane pet, say Nekro, actually exceeds the current gold cap. And gold in AL is hard to earn. The best Legendary items looted sell for hundred K's. So the only way of actually getting yourself geared up? Open Locked Grand Crates of the Watch.

In other words, PAY TO WIN. Clearly something is wrong here!

The consequences of this is far-reaching. When people begin to lose interest and turn to other sources of entertainment - PvE, or simply quitting the game - the number of players in PvP is reduced. There are far more empty rooms than there ever were before.

Next season provides an ideal opportunity to narrow gear discrepancies and make gear attainable. STS had the right idea by making certain things like Nekro, Imbueds and the mythic Amulet craftable.

In any MMORPG, gear should be obtainable in two ways, freemium and premium. The "premium way" should never become the norm! The best gear should be farmable a well as available in locked crates. If farmable is too easy (resulting in flooding the market), the way the Imbueds are crafted can be implemented. Unrefined gear can drop from bosses & chests & crates and have to be refined in certain ways. This will make people more interested in PvE and also increase player participation in PvP when people get good gear. The second step will be to narrow differences between top level gear and the second-best legendaries. Differences should be 20-30 damage for weapons and 200-300 HP for armor & helms.

But that's only solving one half of the problem.

2. PvP Isn't Being Played the Way Its Meant to Be

#1 is the Developers' job to fix. #2 is ours, the Player Base.

There are currently two PvP maps - Capture the Flag (CTF) and Team Deathmatch (TDM). I don't spend much time in TDM so I'm assuming things are fine over there, but its CTF where things are screwed up.

First of all, I don't believe many of the players actually know what Capture the Flag is. Its an incredibly fun game where each team has a flag to defend while at the same time trying to capture the other, opponent team's flag. The team must work as a cohesive unit to make sure their flag is safe while at the same time trying to sneak past opponents to grab their flag. The first team to reach 5 flags wins the game.

At the current way its being played, there are two groups of people in CTF - one, the people who're killing and being killed. The ones who ignore the flag and run from spawn to spawn trying to kill others while also being killed. This comprises the majority. #2 is the flaggers, the people who carry a crystal from one flag room to the other while being unhindered simply because they're "flagging". They do this to notch up the score on their screen, & to get the 10K Flags AP, and to get on the Leaderboards, whether AP or CTF Flags.

Awhile back a few players (most of whom have quit) including myself used to have CTF games which were tremendous fun, comprising strategy, technique, teamwork...sneakiness...and so on! Gear of course played a role but if a friendly game, teams were switched around to even out the discrepancies - or they'd simply gear down. But of course it is hardly practical to continuously host CTF games. Only a few people would be able to play and matches took a long time to organize. People themselves need to take the initiative to play the game the way its meant to be played.

And, of course, that requires motivation. Its a bit late in the game to change APs or the Leaderboards by removing the flag APs and the flags LB (which were a bad idea in the first place) - two years late, in fact. Many people have spent hours and hours flagging and it wouldn't be fair to make changes now.

So, the motivation. In place of the KDR box we have on our character screens, a button could be placed called Kills and Deaths or whatever, just an example. This would open a page which has 4 sections: the PvE KDR, CTF KDR, TDM KDR and a new counter called Wins and Losses - already been suggested before. The idea is, every time the game ends, the losing team would have one point added to their losses and the winning team would have one point added to their wins. This would motivate people to protect the flag and prevent their KDR from being ruined. Removing the existing KDR would be a bad idea because, just like for the flags, people have worked very hard for their kills.

If these 2 are fixed, PvP should become a much better place!

Just my $.02 and sorry for the long-wided post!
    Ahh yes! I remember when PvP was introduced! Back then I still had gear that could be obtained without spending 10000 Platinum or hours :/ Now I feel like the gear difference is too high for me to even try :/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I read many posts in this thread and many other threads. As I understood:
    people without skill but with gear > people with good skill and bad gear.
    My suggestion:
    I know it's hard to make but, ctf rooms with your normal gear and same gear for everyone. f.eks.: Room where you can use your own gear. mythic, arcane, legendaries. An room where you will get expedition potency bow, mythic set, blood ruby and lunar/fang/doom. (All gears I mentioned are just example)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Pro players? Your from karma or horror so you mean geared by pro not skill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Agree with some points discussed here.

The pvp players know each other, but for something reason like in real life, ones u like and others u dont. In many times i saw fair fights, played great ones too, and when u were winning, a desesperate call make that match unfair - Tdm btw.

Nowadays it is regular it happens in almost every match. No 1 likes too loose. -Your ego get hurt.

The "old school" (most of them) are fair, like what: they wait the match beggins with full team, if its unbalanced they sit, thats awsome. Its a good example for those who started to play pvp, U dont see this acts from almost new players. Its rare.

IMO the "ungueared/noob" ones stay together, n they kill what moves. (They are weak, they know)

Noob/ungueared on pvp is food for the "proz n geared ones", it looks like a golden rush - its easier. That improves the kdr right ? It happens a lot. Most of ppl hate pvp cuz things like that.

Another point is the guildies. All the game know the enemies of each other. Most of time they go to hunt n not make a fair play. It get the ppl pissed. Is not ur fight n u get hurt as it was. Its a snowball

Im ok with the pvp system, if i dont like (cuz pvp reasons), i leave or "call my friends". Im not a saint, when the player wanna be unfair, he will be, and he know it.

When something like that happens, u ll hunt who pissed u off for the next 10 matches in the minimun. U ve spoiled the match for those who are there to play n make some fun.

Unfortunatly it happens every day ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I began playing right before the Nordr expansion was released (idk what season that would be called). Times were definantly different then. I remember looting a champions plate of will for warrior and selling it for 120k, thinking I was the luckiest richest person ever! Now 120k is next to worthless because all the best gear and pets combined cost a minimum of 120m (mythic weapon, imbued, arcane ring, planar pendant, arcane pet)

I havent really played much since the release of the arcane ring because imo its way to op. I understand it has to be good because its arcane and all but picture this:
    - Legendary rings give around equal primary stat as the players level (lvl 41 ring gives about +41 primary stat, lvl 10 ring gives about 10 primary stat, etc.)
    - Arcane ring gives +73 primary stat, including mana proc, insane armor, high secondary stats, and high dmg
    - By the time legendary rings catch up to arcane rings in primary stat, the lvl cap will be about 71 (at current pace will be about 7 years if game is still around then). They still won't compare due to the other stats stated above

In other words, an arcane ring will be the best rings for the next 7 years. Sure there might be a new mythic ring thrown in there but odds are one won't come out very often and I would highly doubt a mythic ring would compare with an arcane ring. To me this is outragous that one piece of gear can benefit someone so greatly. I shudder to think what will happen if they complete the set by adding arcane armor/pendant.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by To be or not to be... View Post
    Pro players? Your from karma or horror so you mean geared by pro not skill.

hmmm we won clashed naked... so how come being naked is geared up? you can see it on youtube..

Click signature for Youtube Channel
    Click This for Tournament History

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    109 Posts

Ahh, Alhunt. You remind me of season 3 PvP. I was an average twink and can't afford a 200k PvP set. I joined Mythic Twinks. We once played a fun CTF. There were 10 players. We do "switching" between players, because some were OP at that time so we feel unfair (haha). That was the time where KDR lovers were few.

Advance to the Nordr expansion, I make myself a real twink. I joined Indo Twinks. We did 2v2 PvP tournament and I won 300k, 1st place. I become an officer in a month or two, then I take a break when Samael became popular in L10 (I can't afford it, shame.) I came back in December, the first Tarlok event. Looted a set of Tarlok Assault which was worth 1,5m-2m. Now they become trashes due to lack of armor (a full set of Icescale have more 70 armor than Tarlok Assault.) Their prices maybe 300k but no one's willing to pay for it.

I'm glad ring and amulet don't change, the Tarlok event's jewelries still exist in L10. They're still on top. Honestly I think events' gears MUST BE greater than lockeds' gears. Just like... the one and only... the most frustating... the most disgusting and controversial gem... Paracelsus.

When this came out, I was in break so I didn't have the chance to loot and I don't even know the event. Just like the Goblin and Ursoth, I missed a lot of events. Paracelsus gems somehow don't give 2.0 DMG. They add more and that's what make they suck, too OP, and ruin the L10 PvP.

But... there's no way out to close or at least minimalize the rich-poor gap. I'm still an undergeared tank in L10, but with my 2-year Storm Sword I will survive the flow. Because only dead fish follow the flow. However I'm still contributing to this community even though I'm a forgotten veteran.
    I wish I were me.

Overweightank

Harmless drama is fun :P I loved the old days when there were rivals and only 2 guilds against eachother. Not much ganging. Videos, crazy stuff and silly trash talking. It was what made pvp fun! it was exciting! now u just join and get ganged by 3 nekro's by the same people and it's not fun being killed all the time for the stupidest reasons and being pummeled by trash and ganging. And unfair clashes, and poor community, and every guild is for themselves with countless amount of people hurt in the process. i think Fire is referring to;

AL's ol' Harmless fun drama Vs. our disgusting infested modern drama

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    hmmm we won clashed naked... so how come being naked is geared up? you can see it on youtube..
    Naked means u still had your helmet, ring and amulet, and that is pretty much 1000 armor, the same as a mage. You were able to play naked just because your teammates did so much damage that they killed the opposite team before you died. I am pretty sure you already know this stuff.

Overweightank

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Naked means u still had your helmet, ring and amulet, and that is pretty much 1000 armor, the same as a mage. You were able to play naked just because your teammates did so much damage that they killed the opposite team before you died. I am pretty sure you already know this stuff.
    Karma and Horror are skilled too. You guys gotta PvP hardcore to understand.. Hate when people just spout things they REALLY don't know about. Unless you're a fully geared skilled hardcore pvp player. Don't trash other guilds and people! Ty

I actually know Karma and Horror Practice and PvP alot. Ik what they're capable of, and I have personal proof that you can be fairly - really good without being maxed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Overweightank View Post
    Karma and Horror are skilled too. You guys gotta PvP hardcore to understand.. Hate when people just spout things they REALLY don't know about. Unless you're a fully geared skilled hardcore pvp player. Don't trash other guilds and people! Ty

I actually know Karma and Horror Practice and PvP alot. Ik what they're capable of, and I have personal proof that you can be fairly - really good without being maxed.
    Look at ice play on youtube before you speak he doesn't even charge sky smash chest or axe throw.

Overweightank

Look at ice play on youtube before you speak he doesn't even charge sky smash chest or axe throw.
    You don't need to charge SS . And maybe he has reasons or few flaws. But my point is if he was in a clash with same gear as you, who do you think would win? Please mind the skill that's needed for PvP and don't judge a player by their gear or attitude or guild.

PS: Those videos or pretty old... So... Lol...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    96 Posts

LOL only new players charge skills all the time...casting skills on talk only give a certain amount of % of success rate.

ahhh i wont explain in this forum why. lol maybe u will learn the secret why we always farm you guys or why we always win.. nice one in trying tho...

Click signature for Youtube Channel
    Click This for Tournament History

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Imo charging ss are only done by new players. As a tank you should able to catch up with rogues and feeble them. And when u charge ss after u land the skill ull stop for like .5 or 1 sec( try it youll see try to ss when walking and compare the charged one) so the rogues that youre following prolly may cross you already and miss the feeble..
    IGN:bmooooo<41>

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    106 Posts

Now, Im relatively new, actually downloaded the game at the end of 2014 but really started playing and getting past lvl 20 4 months ago. Right now i have all three classes at lvl 41 and perhaps between 2-5 million gold stashed and i have to say, the game is losing the fun factor, oh u still do explore new things but it's getting to be dull. The LB events are for the 1% of players and what I've seen so far is that the really good players have either been playing for years, are hardcore farmers or simply spend thousands of dollars. I feel like this game is adapting more to fit top geared players and not make it a fun experience for the rest of us 99%. By hardcore farmer i mean farming 8 hours a day, there's nothing wrong with having to farm but it gives too little profit these days so you either have to farm said 8 hours a day or you just dont farm anymore
    Last edited by Oezheasate; 05-28-2015 at 01:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

would it be nice if they introduce a new PVP map wherein you can gear up with max gears and pets and to be paid in gold and would last for 30mins like elixir.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I agree 👏👏👍👌
    IT"S NOT OVER TILL IT IS OVER

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

They should make an achievement for old players like :
    1 Month - Title -insert-
    6 Months - Title -insert-
    12 months - Title & A pet
    24 Months - Title
    36 Months - (Something special)
    48 Months - (Something special)

And of course, everything should be untradeable (1 per Email account).