Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Spacetime is being greedy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Please try to realize that we are people working behind the scenes, and not some huge mega-conglomerate.
    --- WARNING - major fan boy alert, even though I'm really not a fan boy [I've only played about 45 minutes in the past week] ---

You guys are not only an example of game developers thinking outside of the box, but you are also an inspiration to anyone who works independently in a creative field. Sure there are problems, but it's going to be bridge under the water while you guys further your careers and we the gamers reap the benefits of this awesome game. I know it sounds hella corny, but really. The fact that you're here discussing the game directly face-to-face with your playerbase on a forum speaks volume to your opacity and honesty as a company. I may disagree at times with your pricing structure and overall economic strategy, but I understand it is a work in progress and that you guys are basically treading in no-mans land with this whole mobile MMO thing. Keep it up!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration View Post
    And Justg I am truely sorry I hurt you and the other developers feelings.
    hypocrite comes to mind. if you consider my message sucking up, what the hell does your message imply?

saying the devs are greedy is to harsh, thats why i keep saying it, even you understand that is was uncalled for

i already stated my problems and stated the flaws in this game, just because i acknowledge that the devs are working hard and we should appreciate that, this is sucking up?
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Obliteration View Post
    And Justg I am truely sorry I hurt you and the other developers feelings, in the long run I believe this will actually help you. Notice several replied saying because of this they have purchased more platinum today.

And what I meant by the emo reply is, atleast i didn't go to general discussions and flame you guys and say i'm leaving. Like several member have done. But I did dig myself just as big of a hole doing what I did, because now most of you see me as an asshole. Which is okay. People are entitled to have an oppinion on me.
    HA! Don't pretend that you haven't threatened to leave before!

Speaking respectfully isn't being a suckup, it's just being considerate. Also, any use of the word "greedy" has a bad connotation no matter what your title was supposed to be. Unlike others here I do not think you were "brave" for stating your "oppinion". I think the point of a forum is to discuss "oppinions", but the way that we'll best help the game is by voicing clearly stated points that are backed by facts and reason and most importantly expressed with respect.

@Justg Don't worry, we really do appreciate all your hard work and hope to see this game rise to the top! A few tactless individuals aside, we mean to express our opinions in a way that will motivate you to keep on working hard to make PL better and better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    I said you had been clear after your 11th post in this thread. We get it. You were dissatisfied with the pricing.

You did call us greedy, and that hurt. I would have much rather seen a thread like "Let's talk about pricing" or "This seems too expensive".

We're 6 guys, working our butts off, up to 16 hours a day to make this game better for you guys. Even though the thread title and your "firm" attitude are extremely demoralizing, we chose to keep the thread alive to discuss pricing.

And then we listened, and responded. Please try to realize that we are people working behind the scenes, and not some huge mega-conglomerate.
    Excuse me for my lanuage, but holy ****. Change the pricing back, you guys deserve that money. There's no denying that your doing a fantastic job, don't listen to these whiners.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can we close this thread? I think everyone got their point across.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edatx View Post
    Can we close this thread? I think everyone got their point across.
    Why do you care?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personaly I don't think we should be flamin spacetime for having us purchase things to keep the production up. I think it's great that they keep up the awesome work they are doing on PL. In order for them to keep it up we need to spend our money. I don't see anyone complaining when they pay 14.99 a month plus having to purchase the game when they play WoW.

Enough said.

Keep up the great work Spacetime!!!!

Hooah!!
    Purearch ~lvl45 Archer~
    Xxstrpurexx ~lvl19 Str Twinky~
    Purehealz ~lvl45 Pally~
    Purehealztwo ~lvl19 Int Twinky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Banned View Post
    Why do you care?
    Because I do. Why do you care?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Obviously, Obliteration cares or he would have just quit. Instead of focusing on the words he used, maybe everyone could focus on the issue he raised.

I don't think ANYONE is advocating less money for the devs. The prob is the pricing structure...

JustG-
    You don't know me - though I've been with PL since prob the first week it was on iPad - i just haven't been on the forum til recently. There are a lot of players who care, love the game, appreciate you... Customers who have been loyal and brought in new customers. I got two friends involved who now buy campaigns- and like me they had never played an rpg game before. Which should tell you how great your game is! My hubby has played starcraft, Warcraft, etc for years and could never get me to play! Now here I am- playing my first rpg and caring enough to have joined the forum. Someone posting in the forum for the first time is not a direct indication that they are new to PL. I've only been posting for a short time... I know it must be hurtful to hear greedy or even "nickel and dimed" which I said earlier (thx for reading it!). I'm sorry. It does also hurt to be a player who loves and supports you devs since the beginning only to feel like the charges have become unfair and too much. Your posts are harsh when your feelings are hurt. Players are just as human. Players have feelings too. I know you know that- I'm just trying to say that sometimes harsh words are borne of caring a great deal rather than trying to be mean or flame as I think it's called. At least, I know that my posting was because I care about the game and want to be a part of it.

I know you said the money situation would be dealt with. It's difficult for some to be happy with that since it's a very general response. I'm guessing you guys need time to digest all the posts being thrown at you. Folks continuing to post might just want to chime in also so you know others feel the same way AND are prob trying to offer helpful suggestions. I know I was in my previous post.

Sorry for posting so much. I'll return to my ignominy
    Last edited by Furrawn; 05-25-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edatx View Post
    Because I do. Why do you care?
    Because I do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

lol guys think about how
    much money your spending on other mmo games? This is free and is asking for about 7$ dollars for the 35 cap and pvp maps it's not even done yet !!!!! This game when complete will be like guild wars and guild wars is 30 $ if you guys think your getting ripped off you really aren't be a sport stay with the game and over the summer when it's complete you will be happy !!
    also this is on apple devices portable were ever you go !!!! So be happy that spacetime
    made this game!! They work very hard were about 2 months in so you can't excpect it to be complete by 2 months and the fact the app is free right now is awesome

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thelonearcher View Post
    lol guys think about how
    much money your spending on other mmo games? This is free and is asking for about 7$ dollars for the 35 cap and pvp maps it's not even done yet !!!!! This game when complete will be like guild wars and guild wars is 30 $ if you guys think your getting ripped off you really aren't be a sport stay with the game and over the summer when it's complete you will be happy !!
    also this is on apple devices portable were ever you go !!!! So be happy that spacetime
    made this game!! They work very hard were about 2 months in so you can't excpect it to be complete by 2 months and the fact the app is free right now is awesome
    Agree with tla!!
    Purearch ~lvl45 Archer~
    Xxstrpurexx ~lvl19 Str Twinky~
    Purehealz ~lvl45 Pally~
    Purehealztwo ~lvl19 Int Twinky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Of course the app is free. We pay for the campaigns and content as we go! The game is NOT free. The app and first lvls are free. I don't at all expect the game to be complete- how could it be this early? The discussion is about pricing and what folks think will work for players and devs.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

14.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #74
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,037 Posts

Folks, I am going to close this thread now. We are happy to discuss pricing at any time, but I would prefer to do it under a less inflammatory title. So who wants to start the next one?

Edit: Here it is
    Last edited by Justg; 05-25-2010 at 07:23 PM.