Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My opinions on Auto Level 41

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xorrior View Post
    I keep on reading people saying ... Levelling up gives experience. No it doesn't! It does nothing of the sort! You're in either wt4 or kt4 forever and a day grinding, it's the most boring experience ever. People like me want to play the game, enjoy the levels.

Playing the game, finding strategies to take down mobs and bosses more efficiently gives experience, and not running around in circles in WT4. If you're worried about being in a nab party then join a guild, if you're in a guild and still complaining about nab parties then join a better guild!
    Not everybody uses tombs to level. I didn't even enter one until my third season.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanfall View Post
    Not really easy, its near enough the exact same as 36-41. Last expansion was 2.7k 2.7k 2.7k 2.7 27k which totals 37,800. This expansion is 6k 7k 7k 8k 9k which totals 37k. So its just spread out between all the levels.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
    Wonder what the point of changing it to this is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    Not everybody uses tombs to level. I didn't even enter one until my third season.
    Try levelling from 1 to 41 without tombs now. You can easily level up to dead city without tombs. My Mage is stuck in level 25 because I hate grinding to just level up.

BTW You did enter the tombs to level up further and created a kt4 guide.

Auto level feature is just to help us bypass the tediousness of levelling up.
    Last edited by Xorrior; 06-14-2015 at 02:18 PM.
    XORRIOR
    Warrior : Retired Legend
    Tour of Arlor 2015 : Overall #1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Try levelling from 1 to 41 without tombs now. You can easily level up to dead city without tombs. My Mage is stuck in level 25 because I hate grinding to just level up.

BTW You did enter the tombs to level up further and created a kt4 guide. So yes almost everybody levels up in Tombs.
    I did it without using any tombs for all 3 of my mains. I used kraken, Nordr and tindrin maps for them all. I found tombs more boring than maps.

It's just gonna be sad when the new town has beggars like outpost. Camp was a good place to be rid of them.

Either way I'm not gonna be accepting random level 41 friend requests once this starts. At least I knew they put time in and were less likely to beg. Level 40s I know will have experience so I'll keep accepting those.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    I did it without using any tombs for all 3 of my mains. I used kraken, Nordr and tindrin maps for them all. I found tombs more boring than maps.

It's just gonna be sad when the new town has beggars like outpost. Camp was a good place to be rid of them.

Either way I'm not gonna be accepting random level 41 friend requests once this starts. At least I knew they put time in and were less likely to beg. Level 40s I know will have experience so I'll keep accepting those.
    You must have more time on your hands than most if you used those maps to level all 3 toons.

If he/she can afford plat to level up then why will the person be begging ?

I run with guildies and I'm in a good guild, so random request is not an issue.

EDITED
    Last edited by Xorrior; 06-14-2015 at 02:37 PM.
    XORRIOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

You must have more time on your hands than most if you used those maps to level all 3 toons.

Yes beggars are an issue and probably will be in the new town.

I run with guildies and I'm in a good guild, so random request is not an issue for me.
    I play while at work so I get paid to level up. It really didn't take that long tho. Tombs aren't that much faster plus you have to find parties when leveling which wastes time.

My guild is amazing so no problem there I just used to accept random requests from high level players. Not anymore once this is in place.

The new town being filled with beggars is my biggest concern. A lot of new players with a high level toons and epic gear just creates more beggars than there are already. Plus you won't be able to hide from them anywhere anymore.

Time to pull out the poor outfit and put it in load outs again.
    Last edited by Wutzgood; 06-14-2015 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Edit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    251 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wutzgood View Post
    I play while at work so I get paid to level up. It really didn't take that long tho. Tombs aren't that much faster plus you have to find parties when leveling which wastes time.

My guild is amazing so no problem there I just used to accept random requests from high level players. Not anymore once this is in place.

The new town being filled with beggars is my biggest concern. A lot of new players with a high level toons and epic gear just creates more beggars than there are already. Plus you won't be able to hide from them anywhere anymore.

Time to pull out the poor outfit and put it in load outs again.
    I re- edited.
    XORRIOR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

I re- edited.
    That depends on the amount of plat it's gonna cost. I'm hoping its a lot of plat so only real big spenders will use it. Then they won't beg because they still will spend more. If it's under 750 plat there will still be a lot of beggars that just spend all their money and plat for a max toon with epic gear and have nothing else.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

The best way to lvl up currently is doing kraag tomb solo, i dont think there is much game experience learned in continuous tomb runs..

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Haligali For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    152 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Haligali View Post
    The best way to lvl up currently is doing kraag tomb solo, i dont think there is much game experience learned in continuous tomb runs..
    What about fighting the stage bosses along the way? I know some people get carried by high levels but the better players are the ones who beat the stages at the recommended levels. Auto level will allow them to access the new stages without ever fighting any old bosses.

I remember fighting hatley (I'm a Mage he was a warrior) with one other person. We were both level 17 and completely under leveled. Took over an hour to beat and by the time it was over my ability to dodge red zones had improved a lot.

They should have to beat previous stages to access new ones but beating those bosses at level 41 won't improve your skills anyway.

The idea is already gonna come anyway I just see more hurt than help with this.

I'm just glad it happened while I'm at the cap. If it had come when I started I may have gone for it and lost the skills I gained during that time. Just my thoughts tho.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wutzgood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trojan2100 View Post
    Yep, definitely agree with you on this on. If they do decide to put this option I'm all for it. I see a few ppl here talking about game experience and blah blah blah lol. What they are really saying is they don't like to see others succeed. If this option helps new players stay on longer and enjoy what Al is all about I'm all in. Grinding day after day most of the time you can't even find a party that's not going to attract any new players, most get burned out before hitting 41. I would love to see some new faces in Al, instead of raging something that will benefit a lot of people let's help them out. Isn't that what guild is for?
    And play with maxed rogues with nekro that use sss razor veil and traps, mages with nekro that use curse shield lifegiver and gale? Or maxed tanks with nekro that use vb jugg axe and rally cry? Those players will infect end game elites like a virus.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    236 Posts

You guys keep talking about beggars, poor people with epics and stuff like that, as if they don't exist at the moment. LOL? Camp is full of beggars. I get more random friend/trade requests in Camp than in any of the other towns. It's full of people with junk gear and virtually no gold.

You say auto levelling will cause people to miss the gold-making opportunities of playing the game as intended. LOL? There is no gold to be made while levelling. The only place, where you can actually make some gold, if you are a free player, is endgame. This is how this game works.

Auto levelling folks will miss the story. LOL? What story? We talking about AL or Baldur's Gate?

People levelling in crypts are more skilled and - I quote someone - "know the pulls". LOL?

More people quit due to endgame boredom than at low levels. Absolutely untrue for any game. A lot more people quit games long before they reach cap.

All in all, Arcane Legends is a game where you basically have two things to do - pvp and endgame elites. Actual playing I mean, chatting and showing off in towns not included. There is no story. There is no meaningful reward for completing quests - it's just some token gold and a few titles, which you can easily get when you hit cap anyway. There is nothing to farm while levelling, there is absolutely no gold to be made. Etc. etc. So, please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    257 Posts

If the kit is on a decent plat price i doubt there will be beggars since most beggars dont even buy plats. Thousands of tomb runs and yes i became pro at wt4. Sadly nobody cares, what matters is if ur pro at running elites. Which is a whole new different story because most people dont do elites before they get to endgame anyways, so thats a whole new different ballgame than from my tomb experience. Then again, as the great ravager once said, skills doesnt take too long to earn in this game, gear does. And if i remember correctly, the great Ishxmeet's progress from a twink to a pro elite tank only took about a week or so. And besides, once these ppl level to 41, they mostly will get back into those bosses for the aps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

BTW You did enter the tombs to level up further and created a kt4 guide.

Auto level feature is just to help us bypass the tediousness of levelling up.
    I said until my third season. Since I started in Season 1.... that's a lot of seasons since then. The point was that being a new player, you don't just jump in and start grinding tombs. You explore the maps and learn the game. To encourage people to skip this experience just seems like "hurry up and get to end game then wait for a year + for the next cap". What's the rush?

Maybe it's fine for people's alts, but the more undergeared toons there are at end game, the more people will be complaining about not being able to find a decent party.
    Last edited by Serancha; 06-14-2015 at 06:30 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Serancha For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Several previous posts assert that there is lack of player retention due to the grind of levelling up; what is their source/documentation for this information? I don't doubt that this may be the case, but they just didn't cite any source for this claim.

Personally i enjoy the process of levelling up in rpgs. In AL i generally didn't run tombs but used normal maps to level both my endgame mage and rogue. It never felt tedious to me. This is because i enjoy the maps themselves.

I also enjoy trying different gear along the way; this includes the weapons as there are many unique designs and procs to try out at many levels.

That's me, so I wouldn't access an autolevel option if I were to create another toon intended for endgame.

Overweightank

Idk if anyone said this yet. Can we please just make it that anyone who has a capped account, may make a toon and auto level to 41? Because only reason I want this is because I kinda wanna make a rogue, but I will not if I gotta farm all these tombs, They teach you nothing. And I get no money with it. We got free plat offers for that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blaze5786 View Post
    I go against this! I think it will plummet prices of items and wipe away the overall game experience.

Comment below if you go against this too because me, I don't like this.
    Agree

Culture

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

If the insta-lvl is necessary to generate income to cover all the new f2p stuff (farmable arcanes, for starters), then I'm all for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    97 Posts

Who in their right mind would think this is actually true? yes you can auto cap to 41 on the test server just so u can test all the new content .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gumball3000 View Post
    Who in their right mind would think this is actually true? yes you can auto cap to 41 on the test server just so u can test all the new content .
    It will be implemented when the expansion is officially live.
    Read back the thread by Remi: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...de-to-Level-41

Arcane Legends - hiatus-mode-ON
    |
    Pandaxxo Lvl. 76 Mage | Koalaxxo HC Rogue | Redpandaxxo / Kittyaxxo Lvl.10 Rogue |