Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 10,000th kill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    I'd have a lot more if XMas and Halloween kills counted. Or fridge or Boss Brawl or FN. Deaths count, but not kills. As it is, all high levels have 10+ kills. Hell low levels have several k's each. That's without kill counts in farming lower levels. I think I look at death counts along with kill counts because if they have high kill and low death it means they weren't in AO3 until after the boss nerf or weren't in FN until recently, etc.
    I've got about 370 some deaths. I'd say 300 of them were from Trials and Lost Expedition/Frozen Nightmares. I think the jump to Swamps/Skeller and AO are relatively easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Hehe. only 300? Lol. Oh and Vyxnaar of course. LOL.
    But definitely I enjoy seeing high kill counts. Means you've played. GJ.

The running around killing zombies story is hilarious!

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robert7204 View Post
    Last night I got my 10,000th kill while doing a keeper run. I announced it to the party I was in and expected to hear "grats" but no one said anything. I got to looking and everyone else was at least lvl 51 but only had 5,000 kills. There was a lvl 55 who had 7,000.

Here's the good part...I left there and went to Balefort and made my announcement. Once again no one said congratulations but some random bird (lvl 55) came over and said "here's a prize" and gave me a void helmet! I said "thanks" and he said "np, keep playing". I thought that was really cool. But now I wish I had saved some pinks to give out to lower lvl players instead of selling them all. I've got some pink bows and armor starting at lvl 35 but nothing before that. Every once in a while I'll go to a lower lvl to help new players out but I'm definitely going to hold on to a few pinks every now and then just to give away.
    job well done 2 thumbs up
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post
    Hehe. only 300? Lol. Oh and Vyxnaar of course. LOL.
    But definitely I enjoy seeing high kill counts. Means you've played. GJ.

The running around killing zombies story is hilarious!
    It would def be a lot more if I didn't spam pots so much. Haha. If I played from the back it would be even less but my kill count would be lower. I like to charge first and cast root so the mage can get the nature strike combo then I hit my shattering scream to wipe them out.
    I think my next goal should be to get to 1,000 deaths. Then my catch phrase can be "I've died a thousand deaths". That sounds dramatic. Lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Robert...add me in game and I can probably help you out with increasing your death count....lol....jk
    (Kidding about the deaths but not about adding me
    I promise I've gotten alot better since my repetitious zombie killing days!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I hate to be a douche, but 10k kills is no big feat, and the fact that you feel like you deserve attention for it bothers me the most. i mean it's great that you have 10k kills, that doesn't justify you bragging about it. It bothers me that people determine skill based on kills from pve, i only have 11k kills myself but i've been playing since A01. People shouldn't be judged based on their kills. Maybe I'm just in a pissy mood today but thats my two cents feel free to flame me idgaf
    Last edited by Sigkill; 03-02-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by karmakali View Post
    Robert...add me in game and I can probably help you out with increasing your death count....lol....jk
    (Kidding about the deaths but not about adding me
    I promise I've gotten alot better since my repetitious zombie killing days!
    Ok, I'll add you this evening! Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by supersteak View Post
    I hate to be a douche, but 10k kills is no big feat.
    It was a milestone I wanted to reach and I did it. I may be able to run a 5k (3.1 miles) in 19 min but you may be only able to run it in 40 min. So you would feel a sense of accomplishment when you did it in 30. Even though it's not the fastest it would still be a goal for you. It's about the same thing.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hey, well I'm gonna say Grats! So many people powerlvl these days and don't work to get their own kills. So good for you! You're doing it the right way
    Kujen 56 Bird / Rahki 55 Bear / Silvanya 55 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Thanks guys! Don't worry about a present. Lol. A lot of my kills came while soloing plasma pyramid so I had 270,000 gold. I wasn't doing anything with it except buying pots (I have 1000 of each) so I went and bought the void armor and sunblessed bow. Can't wait until I'm lvl 50 and can put it on!

BTW, I saw a bear with 44,000 kills. That surprised me coming from a bear. That's the most kills I've seen on here.
    "Dont worry about a present"?

Youve GOT to be kidding me, no one gives anyone presents for getting 10k kills...

But, good job.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

these kind of threads make me happy

EDIT: nvm just read page three, lol eddie u hadda ruin it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Changed my mind.... you sir are now getting a present
    You can thank Twinktastical's epic cynicism for this one
    Last edited by karmakali; 03-02-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: x

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

I hit 7000 Kills on my bear last night and it said 'Tree Sniper'. I thought that was kinda funny.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I'm a "Gold Adept" figure that one out :P I'm double-sided on this. It's nice to see someone isn't on the Mynas Gen wave and actually earning their levels instead of leeching. I do however want to point out that even tho you feel accomplished, seeking attention for it is a bit "immature" for gaming standards. I'm not bashing you for the 10k kills, just for expecting everyone to pat you on the back for it. Good job, but know this: not many people who play PL are going to care. You got one present in-game, out of how many people that saw you saying "10k kills!!"? Just something to think about. But by all means, bask in the glory of your achievement, and press on.
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerWolf View Post
    I'm a "Gold Adept" figure that one out :P I'm double-sided on this. It's nice to see someone isn't on the Mynas Gen wave and actually earning their levels instead of leeching. I do however want to point out that even tho you feel accomplished, seeking attention for it is a bit "immature" for gaming standards. I'm not bashing you for the 10k kills, just for expecting everyone to pat you on the back for it. Good job, but know this: not many people who play PL are going to care. You got one present in-game, out of how many people that saw you saying "10k kills!!"? Just something to think about. But by all means, bask in the glory of your achievement, and press on.
    But I'm all about the glory! Lol.
    Seriously, I've seen all kinds of people say "lvl 50!" or something similar when they lvl up and everyone stops for 10 sec and says congratulations. I didn't think it was a big deal to announce it. I wasn't expecting everyone to chant my name for 10 minutes or anything. I won't say anything else, that is until I get to 20,000 kills (that'll give you something to look forward too). Haha!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

So I have under 4k kills on my old main at 50, what's my present (noob, power level, mynas gen, droid gen, leach, boot)?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

But I'm all about the glory! Lol.
    Seriously, I've seen all kinds of people say "lvl 50!" or something similar when they lvl up and everyone stops for 10 sec and says congratulations. I didn't think it was a big deal to announce it. I wasn't expecting everyone to chant my name for 10 minutes or anything. I won't say anything else, that is until I get to 20,000 kills (that'll give you something to look forward too). Haha!
    so you didn't find level 50 a big deal. Now you see where everyone else is coming from. I remember how awesome I felt when I got my main to 50 I was like "AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" and put on my shadows set I had bought before. No one said anything, and I didn't care because the remainder of the CTK run went by so much faster. It felt BAD AZZ, that was all that mattered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by IamBored View Post
    So I have under 4k kills on my old main at 50, what's my present (noob, power level, mynas gen, droid gen, leach, boot)?
    sorry for double post but 10k > 4k times 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerWolf View Post
    so you didn't find level 50 a big deal. Now you see where everyone else is coming from. I remember how awesome I felt when I got my main to 50 I was like "AAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH" and put on my shadows set I had bought before. No one said anything, and I didn't care because the remainder of the CTK run went by so much faster. It felt BAD AZZ, that was all that mattered.
    I meant that since people announced accomplishments (making lvl 50) I didn't think it was a big deal for me to announce 10,000 kills.
    I've already got my void set polished up and ready to put on! I'll keep my eye out for shadow stuff!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I meant that since people announced accomplishments (making lvl 50) I didn't think it was a big deal for me to announce 10,000 kills.
    I've already got my void set polished up and ready to put on! I'll keep my eye out for shadow stuff!
    You obviously did think it was a big deal, or you wouldn't have started this thread

btw death shotguns are the shizz