Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mage buff._.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    656 Posts

Here we go again.

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Class-Balance

Apart from the above, 80% of a rogue's damage output is coming from a single skill (armor reduction, crit buff, critical hit's damage multiplier, damage buff, all in one) whilst a mage has his damage spread out in three attack skills. That's a disadvantage right there for twink mages with the lack of skill points. Warriors have the OP heals from VB/Jugg besides from the 3s invulnerability (plus heal). Twinking isn't really mage-friendly.

Anyway, cut these complaints off and learn the limitations and mechanics of your class instead of making "plox buffz" threads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Remarked View Post
    Mage heal is a joke
    Totally true, and i sold you that name xD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kixkaxx View Post
    Mage is quite good in pvp now. At least in end game, rogue is actually weakest in pvp
    This is absolute crap. I am a lvl41 mage with kershal and i get taken out too fast by rogues with not the best items. Now i dont have the best armor cause im waiting for the expansion but still rogues are overrated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by avikk View Post
    Will do as soon as rogues on my friends list stop running events and arena in 4 rogue parties and maps in 1/3 parties :-)
    Planar Tombs 3:

My best all rogue run: 7:45

My best three rogue plus one mage run: 8:00

My best two rogue 1 war, 1 mage run: 8:30

My best two rogue, two mage run: 8:30

My best three rogue, 1 war run: 8:40

Unless we're talking about rogues with Nekros and a lot of paras and arcane rings, the difference between the classes in PvE is largely based in perception, not reality.

Don't get me wrong. The leaderboards will still be dominated by rogues. But that's because of para gems, arcane rings, and OP pets. Most rogues out there are not close to having that kind of gear.

Yes, it is also true that there are many rogues who refuse to invite other classes. However, many of these rogues aren't running any faster than they would with other classes. If you're not shadow-piercing the boss, you're not going to get an insane time. Most rogues simply don't have enough health and armor to pull this off (without gutting their damage). We are talking about a very small minority.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 06-22-2015 at 12:57 PM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Edward Coug For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

If we are all going to compare stats, ill have you stat throwing people know ive seen rogues with 900+ damage and 5k hp and 1.7k armour... Seen rogues with 1.4k dps too.... Stats prove nothing much really.

The rogue skill set is OP, this can be seen everywhere fromwether if be in PvE or PvP all across the level brackets... Thats the main concern here. Rogues have a swt of skills which faaaaaaaaaaaar outlaps the other two classes.
    Agree! Rogue have Aimed Shot with fast cooldown and additional 10% crit (and already have high crit) for 5s!! Rogue can release 2 Aimed, while Sorc can only release 1 Lightning (Fire take longer cooldown) at the same time.

So stats prove nothing much!
    [Newcomx, Newcomy, & Newcomz]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts

If they think mage is OP, play mage yourself against good rogues and tanks .... end game will tell all...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Mages is a crowd control character, comparing it to vs a rogue is indeed a loss for mages but that doesnt mean mages needs a buff. I am a fully geared rogue and decided to make a mage for clashes because mages are so freaking OP on a clash! I dont think mages need buffs since they are already above Godly for their class.

Each one of us should know each class' purposes and stop comparing them on other classes. Each has different usage, each has different weaknesses, the thing that has to be "buffed" here is the way how you play a particular class, not the class itself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by e'dria♡ View Post
    Mages is a crowd control character, comparing it to vs a rogue is indeed a loss for mages but that doesnt mean mages needs a buff. I am a fully geared rogue and decided to make a mage for clashes because mages are so freaking OP on a clash! I dont think mages need buffs since they are already above Godly for their class.

Each one of us should know each class' purposes and stop comparing them on other classes. Each has different usage, each has different weaknesses, the thing that has to be "buffed" here is the way how you play a particular class, not the class itself.
    I agree that mages are good in clash because attack skill can hit 5 targets and mages provide mana to a team. However if you think mages are freaking op or god in clash then I believe your party members are skilled and had op gears.

I really don't understand why rogue aimed shot critical hit do 3k- 4k dmg. 250% dmg of 900-1100 BUT 4k dmg ? Something is wrong there. Level 15 rogue do over 1k dmg on critical aimed shot. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??

and I always like to compare mage heal with other class and feel sad. If u say u played mage then you know what I am talking about.

Aimed shot needs to be nerfed. Mages don't need buff.
    Last edited by yubaraj; 06-23-2015 at 09:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mavex View Post
    This is absolute crap. I am a lvl41 mage with kershal and i get taken out too fast by rogues with not the best items. Now i dont have the best armor cause im waiting for the expansion but still rogues are overrated
    I assume that you need Elon gun for mage at least. Kershal is crap in pvp. Moreover, the gap between mages are very large. For you you migh have 700dmg and 20crit. But there are mages with 850 dmg and 50crit, they are extremely op in pvp and hit harder than rogue. Moreover, you might not have nekro that gives you 15%dmg in pvp which rogues can not enjoy. Pvp is pretty mush favor for mage and warrior AT MAX GEAR - when mage, rogue all have the same best gear, then rogue has no chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by yubaraj View Post
    I agree that mages are good in clash because attack skill can hit 5 targets and mages provide mana to a team. However if you think mages are freaking op or god in clash then I believe your party members are skilled and had op gears.

I really don't understand why rogue aimed shot critical hit do 3k- 4k dmg. 250% dmg of 900-1100 BUT 4k dmg ? Something is wrong there. Level 15 rogue do over 1k dmg on critical aimed shot. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??

and I always like to compare mage heal with other class and feel sad. If u say u played mage then you know what I am talking about.

Aimed shot needs to be nerfed. Mages don't need buff.
    If you replace your rogues with sorcerers in a clash, a mage can run 3 attack skills (and there's 2-3 of them). It outputs so much damage, along with 2 shields (Nekro + Arcane Shield) that they are very difficult to kill. If you try approaching one to kill, you get nuked by it. So yes, sorcerers are very OP in a clash.

Try playing a 3 mage clash at end game against a 1-2 rogue/sorc clash. The 3 mages usually wins.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RoseFaded View Post
    I have 900+ dmg no lixs & no arcane ring. Its all about build, gear & how you use that to your advantage. I know a few mages who can go toe to toe with rogues with better gear & pets just because they wait & plan their atk. Btw friends im talking of has almost 800dmg
    mages are good if they dont use heal....i can kill some samuel rogues with 512damage and ethyl

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Even rogue damage is 2/3 of mage , rogue charged aimed shot is able to drop mages' health by 90%. Another normal attack and we are dead. We have a 50% chance to kill rogue if we can stun rogue and use shield and rogue we face unskilled rogues who use shadow piercer before going for packs.
    If rogue is skilled enough and get his packs [rogue health packs heal over 90% whereas charged lifegiver only heals 30-35% aprox ] by that time our shield is already broken and we end up dead.

If rogue wants their dmg bonus back then nerf aimed shot by 50%. If they get their damge back then mage will be killed in one shot.
    its better to not use heal while vs'ing a rogue....instead use a skill...heal is useless in vs rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bedmaster View Post
    O.O really? Sometimes my opponent hp doesnt reduce when i charge light or ice... maybe skills failed cuz I pressed all skills at once lol but how come a 2,1k hp 200 dmg rogue beat my 2,8k hp 285 dmg mage

oh lol at twink my lv13 rogue can beat beat lv15 mage's

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    If you replace your rogues with sorcerers in a clash, a mage can run 3 attack skills (and there's 2-3 of them). It outputs so much damage, along with 2 shields (Nekro + Arcane Shield) that they are very difficult to kill. If you try approaching one to kill, you get nuked by it. So yes, sorcerers are very OP in a clash.

Try playing a 3 mage clash at end game against a 1-2 rogue/sorc clash. The 3 mages usually wins.
    I know you are one of the top players of AL and playing with some of the OP players. Whereas I am playing with normal gears with normal skilled players. I cannot afford to play endgame mage nor I can afford necro.

I am not denying mages are good in mage. But if you are saying mages are op including necro then I will say necro is already op which makes anyone OP IMO.
    I understand everyone has different opinions however I just want STS to look onto mages' lifegiver skill and rogues Aimed shot. I feel like these skills need some kind of tweaking.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts

everyone made a rogue and left their warriors when rogue was op now lets make a mage and name this game mage legends...then when warriors get op we will name it warrior legends and all will be warriors

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Litheus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Litheus View Post
    its better to not use heal while vs'ing a rogue....instead use a skill...heal is useless in vs rogue
    Thank you for your advice.

Anyways, I was just comparing health skill between mage and rogue. And I said 50% chance to win against unskilled rogue. Rogue class is better in vs with mage. Mages doesn't stand a chance against equally geared and equally skilled rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

I know you are one of the top players of AL and playing with some of the OP players. Whereas I am playing with normal gears with normal skilled players. I cannot afford to play endgame mage nor I can afford necro.

I am not denying mages are good in mage. But if you are saying mages are op including necro then I will say necro is already op which makes anyone OP IMO.
    I understand everyone has different opinions however I just want STS to look onto mages' lifegiver skill and rogues Aimed shot. I feel like these skills need some kind of tweaking.
    Sorry, I should clarify. Sorcerers do not even need the Nekro to be OP. Nekro just enhances something that they already have.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

having an OP gears is a different topic here. If a legendary rogue or tank will vs a fully geared mage, they will indeed die as well. Same as tanks and rogues, if tanks is fully geared and clashing on a legendary players, the tank will surely survive as well! However if you are fully geared mage yet died on a legendary player then thats not the class' problem, its your way of playing your chosen class.

If you went on a fully geared clash and line up goes 2 tanks, 2 rogue 1 mage and the other team is 2 tanks 3 mages, you will know and you will see how its going to be like. With that aspect, i have no doubts that mages are OP as how they should be and there is no other things needed to be buffed on them.

Mages are technically designed to be like that and they did well on that line!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

*sighs* you cant see it in your own post...

The difference between the classes in PvE is based on reality, perception is based on reality.

Do you think its all right for a class to have exclusive areas where they can make a pure party and dominate the map? Is it okay for rogues to have areas where they can run with the same classes and run more efficiently? I've seen many rogues with decent gear(no mythics besides ring and pets) who running with has been cheaper and faster than with fully geared warriors or mages. A good run for me we ld be 2-3 runs without dieing and a bad one usually ends with 3-4 ankhs a run. I've had more good runs with 3 rogues than with 1 warrior and 2 rogues. The gear sure as hell helps but even half geared parties with the same hp, armour and strategies can run the map as efficiently.

Then there's the part where you've stated rogues who refuse to invite other classes. This in itself is a huge problem. It's okay for a DPS class to have the armour and hp to tank almost every boss in endgame(of how a handful of rogues who have told me its easier to solo arena and elite wilds with legendaries(blinky as a pet) than an almost full mythic arcane pet rogue).
    The wholesomeness of AL as a RPG is getting destroyed because of this imbalance in character skill sets, there isnt any use for warriors and an all rogue party(add a little smurf for the aoe) is efficient in almost all the maps. This is the imbalance, which you can deny all you want but in the end it's there for everyone to see when there are a dozen threads popping up about how warriors and rogues even with good gear can't find parties. I have yet to see one single event where a thread titled"ugh not another rogue event" hasn't been posted by some newbie. Let's forget all of the forumers lets look at the ingame numbers. 3r/1m or w, 2r/1m/1w this is what all the parties where you actually want to run without using too many ankhs are like, are they not? Well this says how 2 classes have pretty much no use except be the punching bags for another class. wait scratch that, warriors and their failed aggro means they cant even be punching members. Do tell me its okay for one class to have a purpose and the other two classes to have no purpose in parties.
    -First of all, the gap is less than a minute. The warrior and mage runs are safer (in my experience, at least), so I would gladly trade 45 seconds for not using any ankhs. Pretty easy call. (*Arena is different in that it is made up entirely of bosses - bosses that can one hit warriors. I was talking about tombs and everything else. I completely agree with you about Arena.)

-I'm telling you, you can't get insane times with rogues unless you have the gear that allows you to shadow-pierce the boss repeatedly. Even if you have that gear, you can still get a really good time with the other classes in the party. What's your best time? I guarantee that if it was under 9 minutes you had a rogue or rogues with very good gear shadow-piercing the boss. Not many rogues have that kind of gear.

-I can tell you why you've had better luck with 3 rogue parties. Better players tend to gravitate toward rogue because that class deals the most damage to the boss. The boss is the longest part of the level. There are many great warriors and mages. However, there are many more good rogues. I know more rogues than warriors who can stun Taurus consistently and park perfectly. When you're actually playing with all good players, the runs are safer with a mage and a warrior (and not much slower).

-The part about rogues with all legendary gear having an easier time soloing elite wilds and arena than a fully geared rogue is complete nonsense. Try soloing those levels with pink gear (not counting imbued). It's hard with good gear. Maybe what you meant is that Blinky is overpowered. I completely agree. Blinky is a really good pet. But Blinky doesn't somehow magically make it easy to solo Arena or Wilds with bad gear (or even with good gear). This is just silly.

-I really do believe most rogues who only party with other rogues are not actually running tombs efficiently. We are in complete agreement about Arena, however. I'm all in favor of creating a bizarro Arena, where there is no boss, just tough mobs. Mages would dominate the leaderboard. All mage parties. It would be great.

-I should also add that I have always said that Warriors need a PvE buff. I don't feel too bad though because they are currently the best for PvP. Rogues are the worst.
    Last edited by Edward Coug; 06-23-2015 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post

-I'm telling you, you can't get insane times with rogues unless you have the gear that allows you to shadow-pierce the boss repeatedly. Even if you have that gear, you can still get a really good time with the other classes in the party. What's your best time? I guarantee that if it was under 9 minutes you had a rogue or rogues with very good gear shadow-piercing the boss. Not many rogues have that kind of gear.
    My comment is completely off-topic and I apologize for that.

I just wanted to say in regards to shadow piercer, that the number of rogues who don't know and/or want to believe how much damage piercer actually adds is staggering.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post: