Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Living in the middle of the war ... ofc I mean (Horror vs Magnum)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

And as for the people who said diviant misfits or emenience. Actually somehow those guilds also dragged into it and I cant blame them. Few magnum kids run to gang any guild makes this guild go on horror side or vise verse

So please stop saying this guild is great or that guild is great. Already said im in no one side and please dont turn this thread into another war, theres enough drama inside pvp we dont need more drama here.

Only reason I made this thread is to try have some peaceful time.
    Last edited by hakoom7; 06-26-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oursizes View Post
    Or if an undergeared kills a higher geared person in either horror or mag, they will stack nekros and rings and blockers. They simply cant take a defeat
    If it's ganging, the by all means they should call. But if it's a 1v1 then really how did they loose?

Now, having a mythic bow really isn't being "geared". It's possible to kill a mythic bow player with an expedition bow.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Great posts Koomy. This thread really hits home to me, and I feel like you stole the words right out of my mouth. I will play with/against any guild, and with/against any players. I will also join any map to help any player that requests my help. It seems more fun to me, and it seems logical to me that this approach would eliminate the ridiculous personal attacks that are going on these days. However, it seems that this has made it to where now I have entire guilds that call to gang me anytime I join a map. Even though I help them at times; all they see is that I have "helped the other side" and I am instantly an enemy that should be ganged and blocked. I have never and will never understand this mindset. It seems very juvenile to me.

I have always enjoyed playing PVP- it's really all I do anymore. But in the last couple years, a vocal group of influential players has taken over CTF, and it really is ruining PVP for everyone. There are ridiculous unwritten rules about who can fight who, you cannot EVER kills flaggers (WTF this is Capture the Flag, not run around with a flag and do nothing), and god help you if you kill someone when they aren't looking. That is a cheap shot that deserves a week of gangs. Add to these unwritten rules the egos and aggressive group mindsets, and you get what we have today in PVP. It is actually sad to me to be in a clash in CTF and someone on the team asks to swap out because it is too stressful for them. This is a game, and should be fun.

As you said, this mindset is what needs to change. New maps, rules, APs, skills, whatever STS does won't change things. And I think it's important for those of us who really share the majority viewpoint about how ridiculous things have become to speak out.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Whoamaaaan For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

I've been where u are. Before I joined Horror, I was in a handful of neutral guilds and solo for a long time. If you want to pvp, being solo isn't really an option. So, I threw in the towel and joined Horror cause there were a couple of people in magnum I simply could not see eye to eye with and believed them to be the instigators of most drama (I was in Almost Cared for a good amount of time, and was regularly fighting against horror, so don't accuse me of being a Horror lover )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

My best friend in game posted a forum thread like this before 18 months ago. And yet here we are

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...=guild+clashes

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    126 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Anyona View Post
    If it's ganging, the by all means they should call. But if it's a 1v1 then really how did they loose?

Now, having a mythic bow really isn't being "geared". It's possible to kill a mythic bow player with an expedition bow.
    Mythic bow and arcane pet gives an advantage of damage and hp but isnt impossible to kill like nekro. But thing is whenever some of those users het farmed by expedition bow even in a 1v1 or 3v4/3v5 they stack blockers nekros rings etc. And im sure this is why we cant have nice things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I, as a mid-gear pvp'er , has been ganged by both guilds and have also seen fair play from both of them.
    I find neither better than the other; and i can understand that they enjoy their clashes.
    But the system of ally guilds and guild-friends can be irritating. Once, two of my teammates in TDM stopped suddenly because they were 'allied' with the guild, so the remaining 4 ganged us 2.
    Keeping it guild vs guild is good...the ally/friends/enemy-coz-u-help-enemy stuff complicates pvp too much

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hakoom7 View Post
    Actually thats not true, not devs nor us can fix this, the only one who can fix it is themselves they can just grow up and leave thier arrogance and ignorance away and just stop it, as I said im not gonna say this guild better than that, I have great friends in horror and amazing friends in magnum, yet still theres more kids here and there that ruin the whole guild reputation.
    Thats my point you guys grown ups dragging little kids in your wars making them go wild, control ur little ones (giggity lmao) seriously just get over urselves and have fun, its fun game
    1.yes,the devs can fix it if theyre smart.
    I wasn't talking about fixing the rivaltry between them.the only thing devs can do is to create a new guild wars map so they can fight themselves there,not on the maps that everyone plays
    2.what do you mean by "there are more kids here"?
    3.no one is trying to choose a winner.im not part of any of those guilds
    4.pvp is fun?yah sure id like to live in that fantasy

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by merch_master View Post
    But the system of ally guilds and guild-friends can be irritating.
    I gave up trying to keep track of it all. Too hard to remember who I can and can't kill. It's easier to just fight whoever is on the opposite team

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I dont want to mention names or accuse one player but il try mention half name and hopefully its ok, just to prove my point of how silly this war has turned. Yesterday I saw a flagger that been flagging peacefully with me he got killed few times by jane and instantly he turnd against magnum, against a whole guild refused to leave the map just blocked magnum against few horror players. Even horror players asked him to leave he refused and said I quote " I want to see magnoobs die"

Why ? Cause u been killed by one member you staright away decide that the whole guild the same and your on horror side ? If thats the case then once ur killed by one horror member you'll turn into magnum side and it goes on and on.

Whoaman is right there is unwritten rules made up by players some of them pretty stupid and some made the game better, I for one love to play natural CTF as it is, fight for flag and also I hate killing flaggers cause honestly none of the players who made 10k flags AP made it by fighting for the flag and weall know that so whats the hurm to let few players have thier flags while we fight for the flag in some other room ?

Fight for the flag not for your silly reasons. You might think these all your friends but they just gamers you might one day meet those people in real life and realize you were better friends as just inside the game. Some of them might even turn to be not who they claimed they are for years, but who cares u were great friends in game so stay this way take off your personal issues and let the game be healthy and fun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

It's amazing how people act when they can hide behind pixels...
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    I wasn't talking about fixing the rivaltry between them.the only thing devs can do is to create a new guild wars map so they can fight themselves there,not on the maps that everyone plays
    Or they could stop players from joining after a match has started (not even through the friends list). Add timers, like in elites, lol.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrian View Post
    Well the devs tried to fix it btw do you have any idea how many players got banned ? In both sides, why you think alot of people quit the game for a while? I for one lost over 15 friends by this solution, most of them got banned by the decs and others just quit cause they lost thier friends and it didnt fix anything new players came along and the war continued. So now what ? Just bann the whole guild ? Of course thats not an option and I dont even wish for that, and honestly I dont wish for peace. I tried for many many MANY times and it got me no where. So whatever fight kill each other and use ur abusive ways to make it stressful game BUT take it away dont drag people in with you, stop allying guilds with you.

I love what whoaman said
    Quote Originally Posted by Whoamaaaan View Post
    Great posts Koomy. This thread really hits home to me, and I feel like you stole the words right out of my mouth. I will play with/against any guild, and with/against any players. I will also join any map to help any player that requests my help.
    Help the people who request for help no matter what thier guild is, they're in your team then your job is to help them if you cant help then leave give them the chance to call for help

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Coug View Post
    Or they could stop players from joining after a match has started (not even through the friends list). Add timers, like in elites, lol.
    people will always try to find a way to gang and launch personal attacks against others, but to me the best solution is to change the flags AP. Make the APs for number of matches won. In KDR, show matches won/matches lost. Force people to use group strategies for capturing or protecting a flag. Clashes will still exist, but i think CTF will be closer to what the original intent was. Plus, that just seems more fun.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Whoamaaaan For This Useful Post:

-no

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Tbh its too late for devs to fix this or find a way to change this, we cant change flag aps cause now theres too many players with 10k or more flags we cant take that away from them and I think sts made a great thing by making both teams cant flag at same time.

As for war, again its way too late to even try fix it only they can fix it either one guild act like the bigger and better and just drop it or both just drop it. If they both never gonna do that we can still do something about it, by not allying with one guild let magnum vs horror not turn into (magnum and unified and mastermind and the furious five) vs (horror and pinoy rules and imprevious) lol those just the guilds I know theres still many I dont know I assume.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Tbh its too late for devs to fix this or find a way to change this, we cant change flag aps cause now theres too many players with 10k or more flags we cant take that away from them and I think sts made a great thing by making both teams cant flag at same time.
    Agreed. I think those changes are the only things they could do to fix it. But they can't do it, so they can't do anything to fix the problem. As you say, it is up to individuals to fix the problem.

This is where good leadership in guilds would help. Too often I have seen guild leaders actively promote ganging, laughing about it, etc. So not much hope for people to change if guild leaders promote this kind of game play

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts

Well the devs tried to fix it btw do you have any idea how many players got banned ? In both sides, why you think alot of people quit the game for a while? I for one lost over 15 friends by this solution, most of them got banned by the decs and others just quit cause they lost thier friends and it didnt fix anything new players came along and the war continued. So now what ? Just bann the whole guild ? Of course thats not an option and I dont even wish for that, and honestly I dont wish for peace. I tried for many many MANY times and it got me no where. So whatever fight kill each other and use ur abusive ways to make it stressful game BUT take it away dont drag people in with you, stop allying guilds with you.

I love what whoaman said

Help the people who request for help no matter what thier guild is, they're in your team then your job is to help them if you cant help then leave give them the chance to call for help
    What guilds? I'm not allying with any guilds. What are you talking about?
    My suggestion is that there should be created some new maps for guild wars,so they can fight each other without blocking other players,since there is no way for ending this conflict.
    In conclusion:if there is no way to end a conflict,at least get the innocents out of it.
    Another suggestion is to de-ban those players after this update,since i have been in the situation to loose a good friend that was banned for plat farming.

Trimis de pe al meu GT-P5100 folosind Tapatalk

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

As for war, again its way too late to even try fix it only they can fix it either one guild act like the bigger and better and just drop it or both just drop it. If they both never gonna do that we can still do something about it, by not allying with one guild let magnum vs horror not turn into (magnum and unified and mastermind and the furious five) vs (horror and pinoy rules and imprevious) lol those just the guilds I know theres still many I dont know I assume.
    For the record, I have not heard of an official alliance between Horror and PR and impervious. As of now, we share a common "enemy" (if that word is applicable for a virtual world) in the form of Magnum and their allies, but if there are no magnum in the room, we do kill each other.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kingofninjas View Post
    For the record, I have not heard of an official alliance between Horror and PR and impervious. As of now, we share a common "enemy" (if that word is applicable for a virtual world) in the form of Magnum and their allies, but if there are no magnum in the room, we do kill each other.
    It may not be official but their is certainly and alliance. In many cases PR have called & fought with Horror. However I agree that Impervious just has a common enemy with Horror. In no situation have they called anyone from Horror.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    138 Posts

The game is a bit dynamic in terms of name perception and any individual entering a pvp room. I've played for longer than I care, and regularly used to fight friends for pure fun. I enter matches and get called on right away even though I still only use gear from last season and 2 seasons ago. I'm sure it's the same for you (sans the gear part).

The only old friends I still do this with are people like Serancha, Ravager, Safiras, Ceonatrah etc. - I find if I try to play just for fun against rival guilds it creates drama and I get trash talked till they are blue in the face. Examples include : Go join Horror, you'll always be Magnum, and other things said that my forum account would be banned for. I've found my faves are old school players from season 1,2,3 who will fight just to have fun - they don't care anymore, and to be honest, never cared anyways. We all used to hang out in the middle of the pvp room and play, most have quit and have been replaced by people who feel like they need to make a statement.

It's mostly ego and over involvement in things that don't matter in life; people need to justify their pixel existence, and overly so. It's never going to change really, I'm sorry. Guild clashes are fun though, it would be sad to lose that. PvP in AL is fun but my favorite times in sts pvp was with Dark Legends peeps 5 years ago - that was so fun I had a hard time pulling away. TBH some of the best AL pvpers came from DL, because it relied all on skill and not gear because everyone had the same gear.

Numerous people have said before and will be said again : Every match you join is a specific instance and will rely on the people making up STS's online community at the time. Since you tied your name to Horror at one point in time certain people will always see you as that. As an insomniac, playing at a certain time will also differ completely in your experience from another time (especially so if you are in a guild that has extreme rivals - see horror / magnum). Depending on the time the curve will dip to one another's advantage.

Wishing luck in everything,
    -Jexy
    ORIGINAL ART BY CARLOS ORTEGA ELIZALDE
    46 R/W/M | <E N I G M A T I C> | CARROTS

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jexetta For This Useful Post: