Thread: Low levels in high area

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

+1 on the whole post, but nethertheless, here's an anecdote:

I logged in for a few minutes today, and got an invite from someone I played with before.
    The instance was Captive Audience, and all were in the 50-52 zone.
    They were doing the shadow quest along with a boss run, and I told them about clearing the corridors first, not getting past the pillars etc.
    Sure enough, the question fell: "why, what for"
    To which I promptly replied, that they wouldn't want their booty kicked by the swarming aliens while taking care of a shadow. I didn't know the rest of the guys, which is why I couldn't state their skills. And sure enough, they were playing chaotically.
    He then replied: "yeah, but we are all lvl 50 here"
    to which I promptly replied: "a high level player doesn't necessarily mean that player is skilled. high level != skill"
    I think I hurt his feelings, although this wasn't supposed to be directed at anyone (yet), but that's a point to argument the OP's points.

high level != skill

And the best way to get the skill is to play the game like it's supposed to be played. Learn the ropes, since at every level, you gain a specific weapon, which needs a certain strategy for playing with. AND that also affects your stats. speed, mana regen, health and so on. bows vs autobows vs talons vs stilettos, staffs vs wands, axes vs hammers vs spears and so on and so forth.
    Quite often, a certain class of enemies requires you to use another set of equipment as well...

My whole rambling in this post is of course irrelevant if the said player is good at learning to swim if thrown in deep water from the beginning.
    I'm not saying it's impossible, but these players are merely a fraction of the rest.
    Last edited by adwin; 03-03-2011 at 03:39 PM.
    IGN: adwinp