Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: What is purpose of Level 43 mythic armour? Possible to upgrade to L46?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerie View Post
    So you mean to tell me that the level 43 belt and armor coming out of crates right now will be entirely replaced by level 46 Glintstone sets when elites come?

So what exactly is the point of buying them now?
    The belt would make the new elites much more manageable. It really depends on how tough they are. But yeah, I wouldn't bother with the helmet and armor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fibus View Post
    Hi all!

There seems to be a bit of misinformation in this thread, so allow me to clear things up.

- The level 43 Mythics from crates and the level 46 Mythics from quests/crafting are not related. One does not upgrade to the other.
    - The level 46 Mythics will be obtained purely through gameplay. There will be no components that come from crates. They will be available when we launch Elite content in the near future.
    Ty! Can't wait to farm 46
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcerie View Post
    So you mean to tell me that the level 43 belt and armor coming out of crates right now will be entirely replaced by level 46 Glintstone sets when elites come?

So what exactly is the point of buying them now?
    The answer is none.

Also it was my understanding that the new mythics had to be crafted which I'm guessing involve a shard... why else would shards be for sale... as I doubt it was so everyone had an arcane ring like they do now in the first week?
    rogue ~ retired GM Enigmatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    289 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinytoy View Post
    Can I ask what is the intention with releasing 43 mythics? There will be zero use for them, unless 43 becomes a popular twink level. Was it just something to hold people over or 2 or 3 weeks until the 46 version arrives? It doesn't make sense that they won't be upgradable but continue to drop from crates.

It would have been better to have 46 mythics drop from crates and have a 45 version that was farmable and upgradeable with a crafting component. With Toor being a total flop, all arcane items having legendary rarity and now this announcement that 46 mythics will not drop from crates, it is safe to say that these new crates will be 3k each very soon.
    With 3 mythic rarity ingredients per set piece and likely more than one of those required per piece as well, it is very clear that crafting those will take a long time. In the mean time people who do not have imbued do need some kind of an upgrade. lvl 43 mythics are a stepping stone in order to be able to farm for the better ones. Just my opinion.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jazzi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Hi all!

There seems to be a bit of misinformation in this thread, so allow me to clear things up.

- The level 43 Mythics from crates and the level 46 Mythics from quests/crafting are not related. One does not upgrade to the other.
    - The level 46 Mythics will be obtained purely through gameplay. There will be no components that come from crates. They will be available when we launch Elite content in the near future.
    hi with all the respecth.. why no sell that before.. i was thinking will be upgrade.. so ill spend a lot of cash and gold open crates to get full gear and legendary lv 46 is much better also lv 43 dont be upgrade? please tell me whats the point of that amor? (collector) omg im very dissapointed with that.. fingers down

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

But since when are mythic items stepping stones? They have always been the best armor available. Even if that is the case, how come these 43 mythics aren't much better than imbued, which is 2 levels lower and legendary, not mythic? It just doesn't make sense. Not to mention that it costs around 10m gold to buy these stepping stones. Something was overlooked here if you ask my opinion.
    Lol much respect to you shiny but where on Earth are you getting that the cost 10m to buy? Check cs brother they're cheap at the moment and far less than 10m. I got one first day for like 6m and if I had waited another day it would have been 3m lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by notfaded1 View Post
    The answer is none.

Also it was my understanding that the new mythics had to be crafted which I'm guessing involve a shard... why else would shards be for sale... as I doubt it was so everyone had an arcane ring like they do now in the first week?
    The only items that will require an arcane shard are items of arcane rarity. Mythics do not fit this criteria.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anehazaz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    653 Posts

But since when are mythic items stepping stones? They have always been the best armor available. Even if that is the case, how come these 43 mythics aren't much better than imbued, which is 2 levels lower and legendary, not mythic? It just doesn't make sense. Not to mention that it costs around 10m gold to buy these stepping stones. Something was overlooked here if you ask my opinion.
    I must admit that the 43 not upgradable came to me as a surprise as well. They're kind of like the Alorian egg bands which were only intended as stepping stones, but yeah, the 43 gears with extra armor might be necessary for elites for people who don't have imbued. I for one am excited to finally farm a mythic set from elites, but in the meantime I may need a mini upgrade! These 43 sets are just that!
    Last edited by Kakashis; 07-06-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    IGN: Kakashi <Deviant Misfits> - We run PVE!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kakashis For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    I must admit that the 43 not upgradable came to me as a surprise as well. They're kind of like the Alorian egg bands which were only intended as stepping stones, but yeah, the 43 gears with extra armor might be necessary for elites for people who don't have imbued. I for one am excited to finally farm a mythic set from elites, but in the meantime I may need a mini upgrade! These 43 sets are just that!
    Just need be better than imbued or foragers.. makes me sad one legendary will be better =/

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kakashis View Post
    +1
    This is exactly my thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

It seems that level 43 mythics are mainly for twinks who wanna stay level 43 to farm level 41 players. And theres a plat level up str8 to level 41. So much food gonna be eaten pretty soon xD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

There were many complaints before that the gap between max gear players and everyone else was too large. Consider the gap closed, lol.

In all seriousness, I like that it's just a stepping stone. The game has taken a sharp turn in favor of the farmers. Jewels are in low supply, level 46 mythics will be farmable, and locked gear is cheap.

Bring on the elites.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts

Hi all!

Thx u so much for this clarification,sorry for doubt about "none of ingridient came from crate" . Well... time to save some gold for pot and ankh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Anyone know what the set is going to be for 46 mythics?

5 pieces? Helmet, Armor, Belt, Ring, Amulet?

or 4 pieces? or?

inmortal demon grotto, chilling with the dark crow
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post

or 4 pieces? or?
    belt is not included on the set that was what i reaf from fibus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasaria View Post
    belt is not included on the set that was what i reaf from fibus
    Ah ok. Thanks. So 43 belt seems ok but 43 armor not so much.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    568 Posts

That's the problem with mythics. They were never stepping stones at all. People bought mythics and sat on them. There was no gear progression. People got bored when they had the best gear for so long.

I think STG is taking a step (no pun intended) in the right direction by allowing people to move up without making drastic and expensive purchases.
    Ebezaanec|Ebezairec|Ebezcookie|Trisomy|Apothem

Following the Code

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Ebezaanec For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    157 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post

or 4 pieces? or?
    No belts included, Its a 4set mythic piece ~With a bonus~ Helm armor ring amulet. From what i read last in the crafted gear thread.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    237 Posts

Its nice to see that the best gear is available by farming and the next best can be gotten via plats.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Kingofninjas For This Useful Post: