Quote Originally Posted by Safiras View Post
I apologize if I came across as unsympathetic. I would like to stress that I am anything but unsympathetic. My agenda in my replies to this thread is to protect the farming environment for the majority of players who depend on grinding maps for loot to get ahead in the game.

Prior to this expansion the game was almost dead because the people who had everything they needed sat around and did nothing or were holed up in PvP (I'll admit I was one of them), whilst the people who still needed better gear were stuck farming for loot that had become next to worthless due to stagnation of the game and the horrible economy.

The fact is that with the game as it is now, with the many different options to farm and many different things to aim for, people are finding things to do and gold to earn. Where 150 teeth used to fetch only a few hundred Ks of gold, now you can earn upwards of 4mil gold with just one bar farmed. Vials have also gone from 10k to 300k++. Countless Ren'gol crates have been opened and their loot steadily declined in value, but their worth in the market is still preserved as people still continue to buy and open them.

I see my guildies who like Hakoom don't have the gear that I do, farm with diligence daily and get their daily loot and then announce happily to the guild a few days later saying they got their first Arcane pet etc... and I wish this game would continue to be like this for a while to come. Because it is benefiting the people in my guild who have worked since the start of the expansion to achieve their goals. Hakoom and Biigboyblue mentioned their the difficulties of essentially starting over from scratch, and the agony of having so many things to do but with seemingly so little time. I do understand this difficulty. My advice would be to set goals and priorities- what you want to achieve first, and then work towards that objective first before going for the next one and the one after that.

I'm sorry you haven't been able to get help with running maps because the people you ask discriminate you because of your gear. For me I try to focus on running with the people in my guild because as a GM that is my priority, to ensure my guildies get the support they need to gear up and achieve their aims. It's difficult I admit to find the right crowd of people with which to run together and achieve things together. I just hope the guilds out there can follow the example of guilds like Pheonix, who offer their weaker members a leg up by running with them and giving them a shot back in the game. Maybe it's not the game that needs to change, but the community at large.
Thanks and sorry too I was bit in a bad mood and reading this now it make sense, I mean yes id still love bars be bit easier to get like at least each elite run assure a tooth, but your right after all I was one of the people who got bored and turning to pvp wasnt a good option cause of all the drama, ended up quitting the game.