Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: PVP is way to unbalanced!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Smellulater1 View Post
    be gentle with me
    Haha, that's what she said! LOL, sorry I had to!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have only played pvp for like 30 mins (just found the time to do it)

is it me, or is it REALLY laggy? i mean its so unresponsive sometimes i just end up dieing and not knowing how, obviously this is when theres like 6 people in a room, how does everyone manage under these cirumstances?

i was in a room with 1 guy and it was fine, am using my archer, i noticed Bow bears just destroying everything in the games ive played, i havent played a bear so got no idea of their skill sets, but to me they have the complete package right now, survivability, damage...AND RANGE..i mean -.-

i switched to talon on my archer because i seriously take way to much damage, testing out talon
    Sayishere - Archer.

Never tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

I just deal with it, if my ping reaches high (it usually does when I am in my room) then a lay down at the top of the stair case and it's usually fine then, but I got used to it. Also, bears are basically like bow bears but they don't have range and kill in a more shots. A strategy often used is them pulling you in with their skill and using stomp and depending on how many skill points were used for the pull in they sometimes use it again and start hitting you with their weapon.

4.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #24
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,201 Posts

Played a lot of matches last night with Bear and Avian characters versus other Bear and Avian characters. I noticed a fair amount of give-and-take in these exchanges: Avians can blast through Bear armor then chew up their health points quite effectively. Bears (with or without a bow) can shred Avians if they beckon, terrify, mega-slash, etc.

Enchantress, on the other hand, needs a lot of help in both the DPS and Armor departments - even in the role of support (as even with 5 on 5 matches there's a chance of being ganked while all alone). As a result I am developing some additional effects for her 'Blessing' abilities. Although the party-buffs will not be affected, the Enchantress who casts these abilities will take on a serious CRIT and DPS buff from "Blessing of Might" and a big Armor boost from "Blessing of Vitality."

Hopefully have this in for tomorrow's update.

Thanks,

- Cinco

Guardian of Alterra King Richie's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Very smart thinking =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by King Richie View Post
    I dont really find warriors a problem anymore and im a talon archer .... I pwn face with my combos =)
    oh Rly?

In all seriousness, it seems to come down to the warrior or Archer making contact with its enemy. It only takes either of these classes 3-6 hits in a row to kill their opponent. The PROBLEM is that we only seem to make contact (generally), i.e. no missing or dodging, when we have focus or rage up.

In bear vs archer, the player with rage or focus up wins, but the bear has a slight advantage due to high armor and iron blood. They take more burst damage than the Archer.

2 Ursans, a bowbear or Archer, and 2 Enchantresses will massacre anything in their path btw... After the first day of nonsense got fixed, Venom rolled everything in our path.

Ogrim-lvl 50-Ursan Alta-lvl 45-Enchantress Broke-lvl 45-Avian
    Venom Website: http://venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cinco View Post
    Played a lot of matches last night with Bear and Avian characters versus other Bear and Avian characters. I noticed a fair amount of give-and-take in these exchanges: Avians can blast through Bear armor then chew up their health points quite effectively. Bears (with or without a bow) can shred Avians if they beckon, terrify, mega-slash, etc.

Enchantress, on the other hand, needs a lot of help in both the DPS and Armor departments - even in the role of support (as even with 5 on 5 matches there's a chance of being ganked while all alone). As a result I am developing some additional effects for her 'Blessing' abilities. Although the party-buffs will not be affected, the Enchantress who casts these abilities will take on a serious CRIT and DPS buff from "Blessing of Might" and a big Armor boost from "Blessing of Vitality."

Thanks,

- Cinco
    I have to agree with Azrael (Member of Venom), they kept me alive very well, when we were all 5 playing together we did not lose a match, and won by a large margin. I think that enchantresses just need to learn how to effectively play their class, I would like to see more buffs/enchantments to the party instead of making us stronger in a DPS sense.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom
    Guild Website - www.venom-guild.com

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #28
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthia View Post
    I have to agree with Azrael (Member of Venom), they kept me alive very well, when we were all 5 playing together we did not lose a match, and won by a large margin. I think that enchantresses just need to learn how to effectively play their class, I would like to see more buffs/enchantments to the party instead of making us stronger in a DPS sense.
    Definitely hear you. My goal is to develop fun 'team-focused' PvP; not rock-star one-toon-against-the-world pnage.

As such, I'm keeping these upcoming Enchantress changes to "burst" DPS and Armor; not making any sweeping changes to the class' stats, weapons or (other) skills.

- Cinco

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have DPS wise, Enchantresses are overpowered, I would LOVE to see our healing power be affected by crit and spell casting. It's kinda weird that only Melee Attacks are affected. Don't add DPS to enchantress, give us more spell ways to protect our selves, upgraded buffs and HEAL
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Definitely hear you. My goal is to develop fun 'team-focused' PvP; not rock-star one-toon-against-the-world pnage.

As such, I'm keeping these upcoming Enchantress changes to "burst" DPS and Armor; not making any sweeping changes to the class' stats, weapons or (other) skills.

- Cinco
    Cinco, can you comment on the accuracy system (which would include dodge, misses and hit) and the effect increasing damage/dps has on a players accuracy. I know i said this early, but it really does seem like a warrior or archer has at the very least a 50-70% chance of their attack not connecting when they are not buffed with rage or focus. Most attacks are dodged or don't connect. Added to that, around half of the attacks that do connect, when rage/focus isn't up, can be as low as 2-15 damage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

To me, DPS isn't too important. Instead of adding DPS can you add it to armor, I realize enchantresses can heal themselves but being left without potions mana is limited, not to mention the fact that enchantresses get killed with only a couple shots!

Thanks Cinco!

12.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #32
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Cinco, can you comment on the accuracy system (which would include dodge, misses and hit) and the effect increasing damage/dps has on a players accuracy. I know i said this early, but it really does seem like a warrior or archer has at the very least a 50-70% chance of their attack not connecting when they are not buffed with rage or focus. Most attacks are dodged or don't connect. Added to that, around half of the attacks that do connect, when rage/focus isn't up, can be as low as 2-15 damage.
    No comment right now. But I will look into the figures behind the players dodge and hit chances and see what I come up with. If the players dodge chance can get way too high I might want to add countermeasures to certain abilities.

Also (when considering damage numbers) you need to consider the immense amount of armor all classes can achieve

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticaldream View Post
    To me, DPS isn't too important. Instead of adding DPS can you add it to armor, I realize enchantresses can heal themselves but being left without potions mana is limited, not to mention the fact that enchantresses get killed with only a couple shots!

Thanks Cinco!
    Read Cinco's post.

... Although the party-buffs will not be affected, the Enchantress who casts these abilities will take on a serious CRIT and DPS buff from "Blessing of Might" and a big Armor boost from "Blessing of Vitality."

Thanks,

- Cinco
    I do think Enchantresses should have more diverse capabilities in general, but asking for more armor on cloth doesn't make any sense.
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What happens when enchantresses use Plate armor? They will be invincible....you need to make it so that a class can only use that classes armor no matter if they have the skill requirements to wear the other or not. It will make your job SO Much easier, and It will make this game so much more fun.
    Xanthia - Enchantress
    Guild Leader of Venom

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

No comment right now. But I will look into the figures behind the players dodge and hit chances and see what I come up with. If the players dodge chance can get way too high I might want to add countermeasures to certain abilities.

Also (when considering damage numbers) you need to consider the immense amount of armor all classes can achieve

Thanks!
    Thanks for the response!
    And just to elaborate the chance of missing or having an attack get dodged is very high even without the target having an evasion or iron blood buff.

Edit: it seems that now that damage was increased a bit, the crazy dodge chance is the only thing that makes the fights last more than a few seconds. Reverting to lower damage while making the majority of attacks actually connect seems to be what is necessary.
    Last edited by Azrael; 05-26-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Wrong me and my freind went 1v1 he was warior I was my archer it lasted 1hour then i killed him then he killed me and it went back and fourth but as for enchantress it's like a elemental sorcerer I think it should have about 500 health they are to weak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Rannos View Post
    Read Cinco's post.

I do think Enchantresses should have more diverse capabilities in general, but asking for more armor on cloth doesn't make any sense.
    Evade would make sense though, no?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have played for a very long time diablo 2 and lineage 2.
    From my experince I can only say I find pocket legends pvp Greatly balanced, unpredictable and above all fun.

Pocket legends is (already) a Great game.

Ps: people getting killed is not that big of a problem in a game, so don't make such a fuss if u are not getting the hand to it just yet and make your self a favor and stop being so unpleasant in your comments.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ed anger View Post
    Evade would make sense though, no?
    Why? Because bears and chickens both have it? No. I agree elves in most games are the more 'agile' class, but Pocket Legends has designed an elf that is more of an awkward bobble-head doll than anything graceful. Also, a Mage class rarely has physical damage mitigation skills; magic based buffs and debuffs, yes.
    Rannos - 35 Warrior
    Applicant of Venom
    venom.forumn.net

The Great Mountain of .........................BLEED!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Enchantersses do not even stand a chance.. I'm pretty upset about it. I bought both sets of maps, and I do not even want to play. Not to mention the incredible lag. I cannot even move.