Thread: Hmmm.... Decisions...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    I am still quite upset that KEEPER is STILL better though... Have you guys seen the crit on Mega compared to Keeper set?.... I ran a test, running crush the keeper solo with both keeper and mega. I cleared on faster on average with keeper. Way more critical hits over Mega's min/max/base damage increase.
    Unless I've made a serious mistake looking at the stats, no it is not. Comparing Cosmos II to staff Mega set and then talking about damage alone is unfair.

Change a piece or two into scubber/scraper. And the stats should make you think again. (and theoretically if you're all about hits then one mastemind, which I would not recommend). In any case, it is quite easy to combine a mixed pure int set for a 55 that deals waaay more damage with better armor and hit/crits than the cosmos II does. It's time is up, sorry.

I keep repeating this in many threads, but I can't get past it. Try as I might twidling with numbers in spread sheet and comparing those sets I cannot understand the fiftyfives I still see wielding the keeper staff for any other reason than it's cooler looks or nostalgy.

My guess is that this is what the devs wanted with the new gear (orange, greens and purps inclusive). They're very polarized in their stats allowing various cheap combinations that can be better for many uses, if not all, than simply the most expensive set might.

EDIT: and if by keeper's set you were referring to the keeper's shadow set (stick and doll) the same thing applies. Mostly mega gear with some scrubber (or even scraper) pieces yields overall better stats regardless of your preference.
    Last edited by Hullukko; 03-07-2011 at 05:06 AM.