Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Lightbulb A Better Inventory!!!

A Better Inventory

Hello fellow arcane legends enthusiasts,
    In the following post I would like to propose some ideas I have regarding ,primarily, the status of the inventory layout and how I think it could be
    improved. Some of these ideas may exist already, but my intent is not to claim them as my own just broadcast them. The ideas I will be addressing include Jewel reorganization and some difficulties with large inventories.

The Difficulty of a Large Inventory

Recently it has come to my attention how annoying it is to scroll through your inventory looking for a certain item,
    especially when its at the bottom of your inventory list. For example scrolling down 100-200 Class Loot elixirs to get to the Damage elixirs or
    25% Loot re-roll elixirs. If you have opened Ren Gol crates then you know what I mean. I do realize that for some players this may not be an issue, but for those of us who make use of our 500 inventory slots this would be a night and day improvement.

Solutions:
    There are several Ideas which I came up with that might help solve this issue the first one is allowing items to stack then show the quantity of items for example:
    Current Layout
    Class Loot
    Class Loot
    Class Loot
    Class Loot
    25% Loot Re-roll

New Layout
    (4) Class Loot
    (1) 25% Loot Re-roll

Another idea would be to make a sortable inventory with a simple simple up or down arrow to toggle direction for example:

Regular*(v)*
    Class Loot
    Class Loot
    Class Loot
    Class Loot

25% Loot Re-roll

Toggled *(^)*
    25% Loot Re-roll
    Class Loot
    Class Loot
    Class Loot
    Class Loot

Faster Item Deletion/ "Item Lock"

As requested by the community there should be a better way of deleting many items out of our inventory, at least not one by one. And furthermore there should be a way to protect valuable items from being deleted. Here are some solutions suggested by the community:

Faster Item Deletion

*Highlight item*/*select delete*/*confirm delete*---*Highlight item*/*select delete*/*confirm delete*---*Highlight item*/*select delete*/*confirm delete*
    How many more times must we go through the slow process of liquidating hundreds of items out of our inventory?

The slow process players currently have for deleting unwanted items is very annoying to say the least. There needs to be a faster way to free up inventory space.

Possibly being able to "shift select" items would be a viable solution. By "shift select" I mean selecting an item, then scrolling down selection another item and all the items in between the two selections will be selected to either move/remove to storage or delete.(Possibly "Lock from deletion" could also be done with the selected items).

Alternatively, there could be a "delete all" button added if items/chests were allowed to stack(similar to the one used for gem essence)

Item Lock

As many of you know a faster way of deleting items means less time to look at what you are deleting. Which can lead to the liquidation of important items. A quick way to help players from deleting their valuables(smelly gear)and prevent accidental opening(arcane eggs) would be to add a Item Lock option to items preventing liquidation. Not only would this help the players, it would also free up valuable support time because players are prevented from accidentally opening/deleting items when they are "locked" .

Jewel Organization

Currently the way Jewels are organized right now is below standard in my opinion. The way I would like to see Jewels organized in my inventory is
    by their name first (fury,mind,lightning) then by their quality(damaged,Superb,Noble). Lets break down the reason why I think they should be organized this way. When I go looking for a jewel I first think "What type of jewel I want to buy?" then, based on my level and current gold I decide "What quality if jewel will fit my needs?" Antithetically, I would not decide if I wanted to buy a cracked jewel or a damaged jewel before I decide that I'm getting a fury type jewel. Another benefit with this type of sorting is you could efficiantly browse what you need for crafting higher tier jewels with minimal scrolling. here is an example of what it might look like:
    Current organization Style

Cracked Fury Jewel
    Cracked Fury Jewel
    Cracked Lightning Jewel
    Cracked Lightning Jewel
    Cracked Lightning Jewel
    Cracked Lightning Jewel
    Cracked Mind Jewel
    Cracked Mind Jewel
    Cracked Mind Jewel
    Cracked Mind Jewel
    Damaged Fury Jewel
    Damaged Fury Jewel
    Damaged Fury Jewel
    Damaged Lightning Jewel
    Damaged Mind Jewel
    Damaged Mind Jewel
    Weak Fury Jewel
    Weak Lightning Jewel
    Weak Lightning Jewel
    Standard Fury Jewel
    Standard Lightning Jewel
    Standard Mind Jewel
    Superb Fury Jewel
    Noble Mind Jewel

New Organization Style

Cracked Fury Jewel
    Cracked Fury Jewel
    Damaged Fury Jewel
    Damaged Fury Jewel
    Damaged Fury Jewel
    Weak Fury Jewel
    Standard Fury Jewel
    Superb Fury Jewel
    Cracked Lightning Jewel
    Cracked Lightning Jewel
    Cracked Lightning Jewel
    Cracked Lightning Jewel
    Damaged Lightning Jewel
    Weak Lightning Jewel
    Weak Lightning Jewel
    Standard Lightning Jewel
    Cracked Mind Jewel
    Cracked Mind Jewel
    Cracked Mind Jewel
    Cracked Mind Jewel
    Damaged Mind Jewel
    Damaged Mind Jewel
    Standard Mind Jewel
    Noble Mind Jewel

Edit: Easiest solution would be "Jewel Stacking"

Item Quick Swap

Have you ever been fighting a boss and just before the boss dies you want to switch to your Leprechaun pendant
    but its such a pain to hit Menu/Inventory/Necklace/Leprechaun Pendant/Equip, it is even a time consuming process to use the favorites option in the inventory menu.

Solution:
    What if there was a button on the players screen that allowed to them toggle between specified equip favorites. The way players would define what gear they want swapped could be located in the inventory/favorites menu activation could be signified by an icon(lit up for selected transparent for not selected) example:

Favorites

(Current Best)
    (Smelly Gear)
    (Ugly Clothes)
    (Best w/Lep)

This player would be able to Toggle their Leprechaun Pendant with the touch of a convenient button!

So What do you think about these ideas? Do you like all, some, or some of none of them?Please post your thoughts!
    Last edited by OdenTheJust; 08-06-2015 at 06:38 AM. Reason: Due to Popular demand added "Delete all button" suggestion and "Item Lock"

2. The Following 20 Users Say Thank You to OdenTheJust For This Useful Post: