Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: [Feedback] Mage Heal Upgrade

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dex Scene View Post
    Well if that so, rogues need invulnerability skill and a mana regen skill like the other two classes if it's for class balance.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk
    Then other two classes will need aim shot too right?
    Rogue has the highest dmg skills and lack of invulnerability skill and a mana regen skill so it's fair.
    That's why there are 3 classes in game to help each other.
    Aegis

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

Twink mages need buff. End game not so much. The best mages can already beat the best rogues in 1 v 1.

Rogues are already the squishiest class in clash. They get one shot or combo'd far more frequently than mages for obvious reasons.

Leave the buff and let us be the most squishy but most efficient killers in game. Give us pet damage and remove our pvp nerfs. Release the Kraken!!!

PS Hey Remiem

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    377 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kriticality View Post
    Twink mages need buff. End game not so much. The best mages can already beat the best rogues in 1 v 1.

Rogues are already the squishiest class in clash. They get one shot or combo'd far more frequently than mages for obvious reasons.

Leave the buff and let us be the most squishy but most efficient killers in game. Give us pet damage and remove our pvp nerfs. Release the Kraken!!!

PS Hey Remiem
    Rogues really should get pet damage from the pets they have...+1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shinyx View Post
    Irrelevant. That's a 1v1 example. We've already established mage heal is terrible 1v1 vs rogue. Moreover, aim is not the only skill yiu have. Your aim is followed up by nox, pierce and auto. Mage is dead, gg

As ener said, what are you trying to do here, make sure that rogue dominates every single aspect of the game?
    No, you need to charge aim in a clash example as well if you want to take out a Mage. Oh, good luck hitting every single skill on a rogue in clash. Lastly, any rogue that's using nox against a Mage should go ahead and quit rogue - they do not know how to fight a Mage. Any decent rogue knows that nox is swapped out for razor shield against a Mage. It's pretty much necessary.

Rogue does not dominate every single aspect of the game. There are class leaderboards that ensure equal rewards for players. Furthermore, many timed runs utilize a sorcerer, as you very well know. So where exactly do rogues have an upper hand? Arena? That is a boss only map and poorly designed. Rogues are meant to be boss killers and that should've been thought of when creating arena (limitations on amount of rogues allowed in party to run arena). So, what exactly do sorcerers lack? Difficulty to place position on LB? No, in fact their overall LB are among the easiest of every class in the game. The fact that new players can come and be on sorcerer leaderboard shows just that. Essentially, those are highly grotesque and fallacious statements.

Lastly, many sorcerers here are making comments about their class that lack the skill of a good sorcerer. You want to see a sorcerer that's amazing? Check out Arrypotta for 1v1 or clash. Another good example is Voorg who's also one of the most effective sorcerers I've seen in a clash. Those are good sorcerers that have never found the need to make excuses for their class & dominate rogues on a daily basis. If a sorcerer is not able to kill like them, they're just not good enough. Sorry, but that's the brutal truth.
    Last edited by Zeus; 08-15-2015 at 10:01 AM.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zeus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Go pvp and see a team of rogues vs a team mages. Equal gears btw. I don't want to hear from avg mages how they get one shot by maxed out rogues. See which team wins.

Also go tdm see clashes. Mages move moves like a jagger with their stun immuned shield. Its the rogues who dies the most in any clash.

Sure rogues have nox. Which we can charge in pvp but mostly nox is swapped out with Razor shield. Pierce and aim surely does great aoe.

I stated rogues had AoE skills too. It is upto the rogue whether or not to use it.

Rogues vs mages clash, Ofcourse mages will win. What do you expect? Mages are the crowd control class. In a vs situation, tell me how this OP tanky shield fares against an equal geared rogue? They do the 'best' AoE. Rogues have razor which grants them stun immunity. That rotated with Nekro can surely give you enough time to do whatever you desire to do while not being stunned?

You swap out nox for razor? Sure. This gives you stun immunity too or haven't you noticed that part yet? It is rogues who die most in any clash? Which class gets the most kill in any clash? Rogues.

Also, mage heals are not for the mage only. It is for the whole team. This does not make them OP from a clash based view. Rogues are still required to take out the opposite team fast enough to cripple them.

Light does great AoE too btw :3

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Well if that so, rogues need invulnerability skill and a mana regen skill like the other two classes if it's for class balance.

Are you talking from a 1vs1 point of view? The warrior invulnerability is for the whole team, which means you get it too. Rogues have the shortest cd'ing skills in the game.
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 08-15-2015 at 02:15 PM.

Robhawk

rogues own the 1on1 quite a while, no doubt! Rogues also got BY FAR the most kills in clashs in the past, NO DOUBT! Rogues just play PVE without the need of warriors and mages and can do timed runs faster then other classes... Now the heal buff takes away something from rogues although you also profit from this heal and you start to cry how op mages are?

Also the heal buff doesnt help in any way in a 1on1 mage vs rogue, like shiny said its totally useless there! The only benefit is in clashes, were rogues profit too and the biggest advantage is, like avikk said, the 1on1 matchup mage vs warrior. Thats the scenario where it really help a lot imho.

edit: Also what about the upcoming 1on1 arena? With current game mechanics its not a 1on1 arena its just a rogue arena!
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 08-15-2015 at 02:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serillia View Post
    Are you talking from a 1vs1 point of view? The warrior invulnerability is for the whole team, which means you get it too. Rogues have the shortest cd'ing skills in the game.
    I am saying about class vs class. Depending on warriors or mages proves nothing.
    A mage's team consisting a rogue can aimshot the enemy for him.
    Either way, this buff is needless. Mages are great in PVP and I wonder what would the reactions of other classes be if Rogues get sudden needless buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Go pvp and see a team of rogues vs a team mages. Equal gears btw. I don't want to hear from avg mages how they get one shot by maxed out rogues. See which team wins.

Also go tdm see clashes. Mages move moves like a jagger with their stun immuned shield. Its the rogues who dies the most in any clash.

Sure rogues have nox. Which we can charge in pvp but mostly nox is swapped out with Razor shield. Pierce and aim surely does great aoe.

Try playing mage. You'll find the grass is greener on the other side. All of our abilities have been nerfed, such as stun (due to razor and nekro) and what were we left with, a shield that breaks? I don't think you've tried mage yet. My kdr on rogue is far better than my mage, even though I have hardly any experience playing rogue.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

This issue only affects the PVP aspect of the game, so it would make sense that PVPers opinions on the matter would take precedence over the PVE'ers opinions on this matter...
    Last edited by Seoratrek; 08-15-2015 at 02:27 PM.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    This issue only affects the PVP aspect of the game, so it would make sense that PVPers opinions on the matter would take precedence over the PVE'ers opinions on this matter...
    Actually it effects PvP pve. So it does not make sense that any of your comments or anyone else's take precedence over anothers . unless your really important, if not your just another player so don't lie on forums telling all players that some opinions trump others

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Americabud View Post
    Actually it effects PvP pve. So it does not make sense that any of your comments or anyone else's take precedence over anothers . unless your really important, if not your just another player so don't lie on forums telling all players that some opinions trump others
    Where does it affect PVE? If you're using Heal in PVE for any legitamate map/Elite, I hate to tell you this, but, any skilled player will tell you to lose the heal. It's just not a good choice for PVE scenarios where you need the Mage to be in charge of crowd control, not health/mana control (considering all other classes and you can use pots far more effective than a heal would be...).
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Where does it affect PVE? If you're using Heal in PVE for any legitamate map/Elite, I hate to tell you this, but, any skilled player will tell you to lose the heal. It's just not a good choice for PVE scenarios where you need the Mage to be in charge of crowd control, not health/mana control (considering all other classes and you can use pots far more effective than a heal would be...).
    Heal isn't good vs rogue either. Enough said

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Heal isn't good vs rogue either. Enough said
    1v1 scenarios is also a place where heal isn't viable, yes, what's your point as far as this statement?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts

The issue prob isn't so much that the buff is even bad on its own. Sounds like the issue is having 3 of them with two tanks could potentially cause imbalance. I'm still not sure tho. Will have to play clash against 3 mages to see if there's a difference.

Click my sig for some Arcane Videos!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Yes, it affects mostly pvp players, I agree. But if you read my posts again, I was not raising a pvp / pve issue, but a "best player" vs "everyone else" issue that seems to have developed in this topic this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    This only affects PvP, so unless you do PvP...it doesn't make sense to give input on something that affects PvP only, which you do not play. Of course, I still welcome you to post your opinion but I do not see what contribution it has if you do not experience these things first hand.

I wasn't giving my opinion on the mage issue, I was commenting on the tone of the conversation, stating that putting down other players (including pvp players) doesn't make your points more valid.

I was merely pointing out that I think all opinions are valuable, and seeing a conversation derailed due to this behaviour is both counterproductive and annoying to those of us trying to filter facts from fiction.

Not to mention it will get a potentially useful discussion written off by the devs as non-constructive. I am guessing since you raised the topic, you would rather see the devs pay attention to it. They won't do that if you tell people their opinions don't count because they are not the best in game, or they don't pvp enough.
    You never know what you can do until you try
    There are two ways of doing something: right, and again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

1v1 scenarios is also a place where heal isn't viable, yes, what's your point as far as this statement?
    Ok, just wanted to hear you agree that heal is not viable vs rogue. So all this noise is based on a presumption that this heal will change clashes? If CTF were played correctly, none of this would even matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Ok, just wanted to hear you agree that heal is not viable vs rogue. So all this noise is based on a presumption that this heal will change clashes? If CTF were played correctly, none of this would even matter.
    I try to keep from commenting on 1v1 scenarios due to the fact that I personally feel that 1v1s are silly and a waste of time at this point in the game, I feel that STS should work on improving CTF/TDM instead of adding a 1v1 arena (but that's another thread in the making). From a clash scenario, which is the scenario that should be seen the most due to the fact that the current PVP modes are team based, I feel that rogues are the last class to be needed if they're needed all, but, I don't believe the heal change has anything to do with that. Though, it does make it more likely for a team with more mages VS a team with more rogues in comparison to win every match due to the Mage heal being ridiculously good as opposed to the previous "good enough". While I personally don't know if the new heal is "overpowered" or not, I do think that STS should test this buff more, possibly coming in game and testing with the community, namely you, Zeus, Madnex, and other people who understand how the game and their respective classes work.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Thank you for the mage heal buff sts you know what you are doing!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeFTW View Post
    OKAY I admit this buff to Lifegiver is a BIT OP. But before nobody used it and now people are upset that STS trys to make heal more alive?
    This buff is somewhat useful now to twink mages, before this twinking smurfs were seen as support class rather than AoE, and mages barely won 1v1 to rouges.
    After this buff, rouges can still over power us mages very fast. Remember this buff, was meant to be more PvE oriented, not PvP. Rouges still dominate PvP, so I don't know why so many rouges are upset. We don't want a skill nobody's gonna use. Don't criticize STS for doing good work and instead thank them for putting up with our complaning points. But I do agree that this skill upgrade may have been buffed to much haha. Still, I don't want any more nerfs or buffs to heal, except reduced cool down time in exchange for less Mana/health regen.

Thank you and have a good day.
    NOTE: Its fine if you don't agree with me but don't criticize me for having an honest opinion, amen.
    As I said before, lifegiver will never be better than simply using pots in PvE. It's not a PvE skill.