Quote Originally Posted by Bigboyblue View Post
I'd say no to this. No one is going to run elite rendtail with you so you can access the new elite maps. People want to run the new content so if you are a new player now you have to bother people to run lesser elite maps with you so you can access the newer content. Unless you are a rogue you will have a hard time solo in tindrin. Even as a rogue it isn't exactly easy so you have to bug your friends for help. If you are new and don't have friends you're going to have a hard time getting anyone to run these with you. Usually when you join an end game guild they will be running the newest elite maps and you need to run them with them. After you form some friendships players are willing to go back and help you get APs. This won't happen as a new face.
Yes, i thought about it too. It might be disastrous for an idea, but it probably wont. My thoughts: now elites are not scaled to the cap level, and mostly they are pretty easy, exclude shuyal and tindirin. Brackenridge and Ydra locations would be full-filled permanently, while new players appear in AL. Starting with Dead and Kraken probably there will be difficulties. But since rest maps will be locked, players will come again and again in their highest map, and as a result will find pt. It works for normal maps, why it wouldnt work for elites?

As for me, I become really mad, when someone ask help with the elite achievement, I shouted in guild chat for half of hour, who else need this achievement, no one replied, we finished map, and next day other people ask for the same achievement. If people would have some ceiling (a map, starting with which it hard to find good pt to complete it), for example, shuyal 1st map, and come to guild having all elite aps exclude those that higher Shuyal, it would be easier them to make a group and complete it, and it would be easier to help, since all need the same limited set of elite maps.