Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The New 1v1 Map

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kinzmet View Post
    I didn't think that the 1v1 would be a new map. If there was a dev confirming that it would be another map, maybe I missed that.
    Invites could be like the old party invite where you tap someone and a menu pops out then invite him to duel. It would be awesome if the duels can be done in towns with a lots of spectators.

Anyway, I think I can grasp what Endkey is pointing out. I think we can all agree that endgame duels between mages, rogues or between them would only last for less than 10 seconds.
    The nerf would make the duel longer and thus can provide skill reliance instead of gear/pet contest. Imagine if rogues vs rogues duel could last 15 seconds, that would open up skills and timing for players to master contrary to a 3 to 5 seconds match where only gears and luck matters.
    THANK YOU! someone gets what i mean....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Endkey 2.0 View Post
    THANK YOU! someone gets what i mean....
    Endgame has a TON of skill in it. You just have to have good gear first of all. Then once u get good gear its about tactics.
    True fact: All girl gamers love with Farmlist.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Xdumbx View Post
    Endgame has a TON of skill in it. You just have to have good gear first of all. Then once u get good gear its about tactics.
    i dont see tactics in "who was able to hit first"...skills and tactics is...how to make a comeback even if ur losing and to use walls for ur favours for example...all those who say using walls is for noobs..the thing is they suck at it..the map is made like that for a reason..if STS wanted us to face eachother when fighting, they would have made a straight lined map instead of the grid...the only skilled people i wud say are the tanks who survive thru all the clashes..they know when to jugg, when to heal, how to time heal, who to focus and so on...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

When Carapace said this "In its previous form items were becoming an unrealistic power curve to maintain that was creating a great divide among the player base. We effectively had two very unbalanced tiers of players, the super powerful and the under geared. The changes we made moving into Ren'gol were an expected start to an important transition, the middle of which we are sitting in now"

There we go. Power unbalance approved by the devs

STS Please go the right way now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

From the buttom of my heart i'm so over those people who tell me "vs" in TDM while is a 4v4 match. Same goes to CTF.

1v1 doesn't prove any sort of skill at level 46 cap anymore and it's been like this since level 36. If you dodge and crit more U r the right person for VS. It's perfectly cool to vs but i'm not a fan, actually kinda pisses me off "come vs nub show u some moves". I'm pretty sure i'm the worst vs companion because I NEVER CARED ABOUT VS.

IMHO i never seen so MANY players good at vs and with almost same skill level in clash. Actually it's pretty amusing watching people who vs only in clash. It's like being a PVER since you started playing AL and today you make a step into pvp spamming normal skills. True story.

Also PVP has changed a lot. Since my return my ratio is 10kills:1death. Which really makes me enjoy actually clashing than vs. Also some of my rivals in pvp still represent a challenge. For example Amoq. Had so many fights with him (since i started doing pvp ) , he isn't a friend or an ally. We never talked. But i have some sort of respect for him for his rogue skill. That sort of silent rival while vs / clash. So rare nowadays....
    If you want to clash and you are afraid from getting ganged it's time to make some friends to play with. And actually avoid ganging to payback... just vs if you can take your opponent (ganger) down alone.

I expected STS decides one day to get rid of flag-aps. Which makes everyone mad. Flags ruins the PvP experience. Nobody does proper CTF so let's get rid of the ap since nobody cares anymore to win a GAME. A lack of skill shadowed PVP.

To be noted: I don't like spawn vses. I love doing walls/hiding vses. Those are awesome. I really hope 1v1 will not look like a spawn lol. Like labyrinth map or something.
    Last edited by Titanium; 09-10-2015 at 04:14 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Titanium For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
    From the buttom of my heart i'm so over those people who tell me "vs" in TDM while is a 4v4 match. Same goes to CTF.

1v1 doesn't prove any sort of skill at level 46 cap anymore and it's been like this since level 36. If you dodge and crit more U r the right person for VS. It's perfectly cool to vs but i'm not a fan, actually kinda pisses me off "come vs nub show u some moves". I'm pretty sure i'm the worst vs companion because I NEVER CARED ABOUT VS.

IMHO i never seen so MANY players good at vs and with almost same skill level in clash. Actually it's pretty amusing watching people who vs only in clash. It's like being a PVER since you started playing AL and today you make a step into pvp spamming normal skills. True story.

Also PVP has changed a lot. Since my return my ratio is 10kills:1death. Which really makes me enjoy actually clashing than vs. Also some of my rivals in pvp still represent a challenge. For example Amoq. Had so many fights with him (since i started doing pvp ) , he isn't a friend or an ally. We never talked. But i have some sort of respect for him for his rogue skill. That sort of silent rival while vs / clash. So rare nowadays....
    If you want to clash and you are afraid from getting ganged it's time to make some friends to play with. And actually avoid ganging to payback... just vs if you can take your opponent (ganger) down alone.

I expected STS decides one day to get rid of flag-aps. Which makes everyone mad. Flags ruins the PvP experience. Nobody does proper CTF so let's get rid of the ap since nobody cares anymore to win a GAME. A lack of skill shadowed PVP.

To be noted: I don't like spawn vses. I love doing walls/hiding vses. Those are awesome. I really hope 1v1 will not look like a spawn lol. Like labyrinth map or something.
    I really dont think alot of people are good at vs tho..i think its the gears over powering them instead of them actually using skills..if they had the skill...they wud lower their gears down and not be scared when someone asked em. The only person who did lower his gear for me when i asked him for a vs was pred..and i respect him for it. Altho im not sayin that u have to lower down. But if people say that they are really good in vs and they are scared to gear down...i think that explains alot

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Endkey 2.0 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

I really dont think alot of people are good at vs tho..i think its the gears over powering them instead of them actually using skills..if they had the skill...they wud lower their gears down and not be scared when someone asked em. The only person who did lower his gear for me when i asked him for a vs was pred..and i respect him for it. Altho im not sayin that u have to lower down. But if people say that they are really good in vs and they are scared to gear down...i think that explains alot
    As far as the gear thing goes, the beauty of a MMO is that if you need better gear, you can go out and farm your way to new gear
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by Visiting View Post
    As far as the gear thing goes, the beauty of a MMO is that if you need better gear, you can go out and farm your way to new gear
    Or you just got rich by massive plat abuse in the past and were able to stack 100M`s of gold. When f.e. samael sold for 40M, kershal 25M, Maul 40M, shards 60M... You just had to open locks for "free".... when opening thousands of locked you got rich without a doubt. Many players even today who call themselves the best of the best got rich that way and have a look at todays price tags -> they will be rich as long as this game lasts! That also means they will be maxed geared what ever it takes and thats imho the biggest issue!

I got a little OT sorry...

BTT: Without major changes there is no need for a 1on1 arena at endgame. Rogues are OP as hell and you need a maxed out mage to kill a good geared rogue with nekro... There is absolutely no need to enter this arena as an average good geared mage or tank against an average rogue.

A good option would be: Transform everybodys nekro to something else! I have 1 my self but the class that benefits the most BY FAR is rogue! A razorshield rogue immune to any stun with nekro`s shield 40% damage reduction dealing massive damage just with aimed shots that can 1 shot any opponent? The maxed out rogues are able to tank 2 good geared mages... When i activate nekro AA in the beginning of a fight with around 5000hp chances are good that i die with the first rogue shot. When the rogue on the other hand activates nekro AA and i can strike a lighting crit the rogue in worst case is down to 40 or 50% health -> spawn packs and grap em... the heal over time also works great for rogues. The mages heal over time doesn't do anything for mages in a vs rogue. The rogue`s damage output is so huge that it doesn't matter if there is any heal over time or not, the mage will be dead meat. There is no difference if you humiliate a mage with 3000hp or a ticked heal over time 4000hp when a normal aimed shot just does this job. Most rogues i see have around 50% crit so add 2 times 10% crit for aimed shot and we speak about 70%+ crit shots... So knowing this you also know the biggest problem, its the crits! STS just decreased the crit value on the new myth gear but the communities reaction was devastating... nobody really wants/needs helmets or armor that is weaker then old seasoned legendary gear!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-10-2015 at 07:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

If you ask me about gear down I'm going to recognize, i don't gear down anymore because i'm not so proud of my stats, 36% crit and 660 dmg in pvp with 5044 hp is kinda low nowadays . I can do a much better work with my stats but i sold my 2 eyes bow recently when i decided to play less for a while. Keeping my gold for something more intresting during Halloween

Many people tell me to don't use nekro. I did it few times but what i should use , Singe ? over their maridos and toor. That's a joke.

The gear represents your hardwork outside the PvP or the money that you spent. Trust me, it hurts... i learn to move on if i'm owned by someone more geared than me . Focusing my lack of gear into arena or something which it worths to farm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    Or you just got rich by massive plat abuse in the past and were able to stack 100M`s of gold. When f.e. samael sold for 40M, kershal 25M, Maul 40M, shards 60M... You just had to open locks for "free".... when opening thousands of locked you got rich without a doubt. Many players even today who call themselves the best of the best got rich that way and have a look at todays price tags -> they will be rich as long as this game lasts! That also means they will be maxed geared what ever it takes and thats imho the biggest issue!
    While there are those people, you're exaggerating how many there are left in the game and how much money they have I'm pretty sure, but what they do doesn't matter does it? You can't buy skill at the end of the day.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    475 Posts

I got a little OT sorry...

BTT: Without major changes there is no need for a 1on1 arena at endgame. Rogues are OP as hell and you need a maxed out mage to kill a good geared rogue with nekro... There is absolutely no need to enter this arena as an average good geared mage.

You are right 1rogue vs 1mage is pretty clear who's going to win. How about 2 mages vs 2 rogues. Wanna bet who's winning? or 3 rogues vs 3 rogues or even 5 mages vs 5 rogues. Mages are not good at versus. But they are the air we need in a clash... I'm sorry that you are sad about versus. Don't consider vsing like i do.

Sts should fix the ctf first of all before releasing 1v1 arena lol.

Also it's such a pity plat farmers are still playing Also plat farmers are even sharing their accounts and their whealth with their friends nowadays.

Visiting is just a potato and he's right. I personally made a lot of gold from farming arena and playing during 2x teeth. I made more than 15m playing smart

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

If you ask me about gear down I'm going to recognize, i don't gear down anymore because i'm not so proud of my stats, 36% crit and 660 dmg in pvp with 5044 hp is kinda low nowadays . I can do a much better work with my stats but i sold my 2 eyes bow recently when i decided to play less for a while. Keeping my gold for something more intresting during Halloween

Many people tell me to don't use nekro. I did it few times but what i should use , Singe ? over their maridos and toor. That's a joke.

The gear represents your hardwork outside the PvP or the money that you spent. Trust me, it hurts... i learn to move on if i'm owned by someone more geared than me . Focusing my lack of gear into arena or something which it worths to farm.
    im not saying that you need to gear down when you fight me but if a person who sucked in pvp before and became a pvp god right after getting gears, we all know which factors lead to himm becoming a "pro". Im not asking anyone to gear down for me. But if you (generalizing) are gonna brag about being pro after killing me in an unfair match, i dont think you are in a place to call urself a pro right? So if anyone is bragging, i think they are gnna be pro with out without gears aswell..so gear down and face me! :P

Robhawk

@Endkey: STS should just go back to lvlcap 31, fix some things like glitched arcane maul which was the most OP thing at this level and then just have fun at pvp! The good old times where i was able to eat 80%+ of rogues in a fair versus, where shield was a mage thing, where curse was a mage thing, where no rogue could "hide" behind a nekro! Today i lose around 80%... with the option to lose 100% against some rogues although i have ring, pendant and nekro!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Robhawk For This Useful Post:

Robhawk

You can't buy skill at the end of the day.
    Imho you don't need much skill to be a l46 rogue killing machine! There are quite some rogue killing machines with pro gear and pro skill, like roguechiha... I don't think there is any mage in this game that will beat him to a run to 10! Imho impossible... Looking back to the class balance basics(rogue>warrior, warrior>mage,mage>rogue) its a clear statement that there is something wrong! There should be mages that no rogue can kill to a run to 10 but that's just a different reality! Rogues kill rogues, rogues kill warriors and rogues eat mages, although mages should be the hardest opponent... hhmmm!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-10-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Robhawk

You are right 1rogue vs 1mage is pretty clear who's going to win. How about 2 mages vs 2 rogues. Wanna bet who's winning? or 3 rogues vs 3 rogues or even 5 mages vs 5 rogues. Mages are not good at versus.
    This thread is about 1on1, so clashs don't matter much here.
    Mages ARE not good at versus, yes! Mages WERE good at versus, at VERSUS ROGUES !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Imho you don't need much skill to be a l46 rogue killing machine! There are quite some rogue killing machines with pro gear and pro skill, like roguechiha... I don't think there is any mage in this game that will beat him to a run to 10! Imho impossible... Looking back to the class balance basics(rogue>warrior, warrior>mage,mage>rogue) its a clear statement that there is something wrong! There should be mages that no rogue can kill to a run to 10 but that's just a different reality! Rogues kill rogues, rogues kill warriors and rogues eat mages, although mages should be the hardest opponent... hhmmm!
    Why exactly should mages (the AoE class) be equal to rogues (one target class)?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Robhawk

Why exactly should mages (the AoE class) be equal to rogues (one target class)?
    Not again and again i know you don't want to understand it... I just say 2 things:

1. Is this called 1on1 arena or rogue arena?
    2. Class balance even in terms of 1on1`s should be like this: rogue > warrior, warrior > mage, mage > rogue! Obviously you missed pvp-lvlcaps until 31 because at this time it was exactly this way (i just look over the maul glitch which made tanks op this season and also the l36 season *lol*)! It just got messed up badly after this... Para`s, EYE´s and especially nekro turned it way too much in favor to rogue class and thats why we will have a "rogue arena" instead of "1on1 arena" whiteout changes!

The only real solution to all this mess are some quick level caps, lets say to lvl57. New pets which don't break game-play like nekro does! It is not allowed to upgrade any L57 items with paras or eyes! The critical values of all classes have to be decreased a lot and the relevance of armor has to be increased!
    Last edited by Robhawk; 09-10-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    541 Posts

Not again and again i know you don't want to understand it... I just say 2 things:

1. Is this called 1on1 arena or rogue arena?
    2. Class balance even in terms of 1on1`s should be like this: rogue > warrior, warrior > mage, mage > rogue! Obviously you missed pvp-lvlcaps until 31 because at this time it was exactly this way (i just look over the maul glitch which made tanks op this season and also the l36 season *lol*)! It just got messed up badly after this... Para`s, EYE´s and especially nekro turned it way too much in favor to rogue class and thats why we will have a "rogue arena" instead of "1on1 arena" whiteout changes!

The only real solution to all this mess are some quick level caps, lets say to lvl57. New pets which don't break game-play like nekro does! It is not allowed to upgrade any L57 items with paras or eyes! The critical values of all classes have to be decreased a lot and the relevance of armor has to be increased!
    While this thread is about the 1v1 and the obvious inequalities between the three classes in the 1v1 setting, I still can't understand why STS would try to implement something that goes against the general mechanics of the game is beyond me .-.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    50 Posts

I think that there should be new skills...u either go dmg dealing skills or u go aoe for clashes, u shud not be able to have both..we all need certain play styles, there should be changes in the meta every time new updates come but people here are still using the same old ways as they did when pvp first came out..

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

I think that there should be new skills...u either go dmg dealing skills or u go aoe for clashes, u shud not be able to have both..we all need certain play styles, there should be changes in the meta every time new updates come but people here are still using the same old ways as they did when pvp first came out..
    What would be cool would be a skill tree. Once you go one direction, you have to respec to go back and you can only continue along that tree.

For example -

Rogue - Assassin, Ranger
    Dagger skills former, bow skills latter.

This would bring a lot more variety into the game!

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post: