Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: "buff warriors"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by G-M View Post
    Do you think requiring players to always run with at least two other players would be too restrictive? Ideally you'll always have at least two players running with you but realistically we can't expect that to always be the case.
    How about a group crit and an absolute damage buff(which scales with damage% stat) which gets only granted if all 3 classes are present in the timezone? That might increase clearspeed without creating restriction. U could create a theme/long term event around that buff.
    IGN: Obakemono

Arlor in a little village called tindrin elites
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Lmao warrior and rogues have buff and ya still mad? ......im a mage and i think its not fair for mages to not have a single buff .....Wars have rallying cry, juggernaut and the other damage buff lol...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oekeone View Post
    Lmao warrior and rogues have buff and ya still mad? ......im a mage and i think its not fair for mages to not have a single buff .....Wars have rallying cry, juggernaut and the other damage buff lol...
    We have had buffs, warriors have not, and we are actually wanted in most runs.

(shield and heal buff)

Also by buff they mean make the class better / more usefull / strong

Not buff skills
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyIGNisVibing View Post
    Or make tanks have 6000 armor and increase their heal to 5000 for 90 seconds and then if that isn't enough make an arcane blade that gives warriors 1000 damage and 1500 DPS.

Seriously, are we ever going to stop complaining that one class is underpowered? It really never ends with you guys. I see SEVERAL warriors in endgame that are very good and can hang with the best of rogues and mages. If you don't have top tier gear and think to yourself "well maybe if warriors were a bit stronger" simply x that out of your brain and work on obtaining some better gear.

DO NOT blame STS for this thought that runs through your mind as you run around with a blinky comparing yourself to a 3 para 10 eye rogue.

The buffs and nerfs have to stop at some point and in my opinion each class has it's own role and all of them are just about as good as they can be.

I do agree that warriors might not be the best class for pve.. But really what do you expect its a tank/support class you're not going to be doing 1000 damage and just destroying mobs..

Rogue / mage parties will always be faster due to higher damage output and better aoe damage. Maybe there is a way to give warriors a bit more aoe, but that would probably end up being overpowered in PvP.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    since when are you playing this game? i don t mean to offend you, but during nordr for example there was a very good balance between all roles.
    now even top geared tanks are left behind by rogues *not because they lack damage*, but because with current mob density and evolved pet skills there s simply no reason for carrying a tank in a party other then friendship. i do play all roles with competitive gear and diverse geared friends and tanks currently can be replaced with very few ankhs if any in favour of faster runs and more loot chances. and i am not going for highest damage and fastest runs, but

*i want a fun team challenge and interesting party mechanics*

otherwise i would just play rogue and leave it at that.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ardbeg For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Mages have a shield, which is the best self-buff in the game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts

I whipped out my lvl 41 warrior this week. He is wearing full mythic and using a glaive, all perfect strength.

I was holding my own in a map with a lvl 46 rogue in Tindirin and Rengol. I was able to stay alive and hold aggro of all the mobs, and those mobs were all red to me.

1) I can be swarmed by lvl 44+ mobs without death (few pots used, relyed on heal)
    2) I can maintain majority of aggro (with a lvl 46 beastly rogue bamming the hell out of them)
    3) I have not played my warrior since a few months before Rengol was released, totally out of practice.

I do not think the warriors need buffed, I think peoples attitudes and thought processes need to change.

The majority prefer all rogue parties with a mage thrown in now and again.
    Reason #1 because the runs are "faster"
    Reason #2 current players do not have experience with good warriors

"Good" warriors understand their purpose is to taunt/aggro all mobs, blow their healing horn, and stay alive till all is dead

Warriors are still an asset to the party and I love playing mine.
    I stopped playing mine when the only parties i could get were with a bunch of other warriors.

I was taught how to play my warrior to the best advantage of the group by Midievalmodal. Although i have been a Rogue since season 1, with his teachings, I can still log on my lvl 41 warrior and be an asset to a party that is 5 levels ahead of me.

Most people only have experience with uneducated warriors. These warriors have no clue the order a mob should be killed let alone what i am talking about when i say "taunt much". Unfortunately for the warrior class, there are far to many clueless warriors out there and it gives the class a bad rep.

While playing my Rogue or my Mage, I love me some taunting warrior!

<edit> One area a warrior could be improved is dodge. A warriors dodge is very very low and I think should be upped a little. The most frustration i have in a map playing as a warrior is i get hit with every stun regarless of a mobs level. With all the stuns and slows in the Rengol maps, I need a beer after one map
    Last edited by Sfubi; 09-30-2015 at 02:11 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    385 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sfubi View Post
    <edit> One area a warrior could be improved is dodge. A warriors dodge is very very low and I think should be upped a little.
    And this folks, is what killed pl. Unbeatable dodge bears who could kill u in 2 - 3 skills
    Ign - Coolguymage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I whipped out my lvl 41 warrior this week. He is wearing full mythic and using a glaive, all perfect strength.

I was holding my own in a map with a lvl 46 rogue in Tindirin and Rengol. I was able to stay alive and hold aggro of all the mobs, and those mobs were all red to me.

1) I can be swarmed by lvl 44+ mobs without death (few pots used, relyed on heal)
    2) I can maintain majority of aggro (with a lvl 46 beastly rogue bamming the hell out of them)
    3) I have not played my warrior since a few months before Rengol was released, totally out of practice.

I do not think the warriors need buffed, I think peoples attitudes and thought processes need to change.

"Good" warriors understand their purpose is to taunt/aggro all mobs, blow their healing horn, and stay alive till all is dead

I stopped playing mine when the only parties i could get were with a bunch of other warriors.

I was taught how to play my warrior to the best advantage of the group by Midievalmodal. Although i have been a Rogue since season 1, with his teachings, I can still log on my lvl 41 warrior and be an asset to a party that is 5 levels ahead of me.

Most people only have experience with uneducated warriors. These warriors have no clue the order a mob should be killed let alone what i am talking about when i say "taunt much". Unfortunately for the warrior class, there are far to many clueless warriors out there and it gives the class a bad rep.

<edit> One area a warrior could be improved is dodge. A warriors dodge is very very low and I think should be upped a little. The most frustration i have in a map playing as a warrior is i get hit with every stun regarless of a mobs level. With all the stuns and slows in the Rengol maps, I need a beer after one map
    Hi,
    I dont mean to sound rude, but from what i just read from your post.... Are you playing another game?
    I say that simply beacause prominent warriors, including medivalmodel have agreed and commented on warrior inefficiency in PVE ... I mean if you think Warriors like Ardbeg and Ravagerx (which are two of the best in my opinion) which have also stated and highleted the warrior class inefficiency in PVe are not in your level then maybe your posts can make sense, oh and not to mention some of the prominent pve rogues and mages also have agreed that the warrior class is newrly obsolete in PVE.
    Just a though.
    Again apologies if i sound ... Sarcastic but this post in my opinion does not reflect the ingame situation.
    Thanks for reading and just pls ignore if it doesnt make sense..

Maarkus

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maarkus For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

rally cry is not really a buff but more of a downgrade to what pets offer these days... juggernaut has a very long cd and is easily broken now in pvp. and vb, yes vb is a very useful buff, but mages compare not too bad since their latest shield buff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Sidelined .... Again ... Hmm ... 2 more years to go before next reply ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Moved but not updated

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Here we go again😕

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Bumping this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Ignored again... Thanks for all those that tried to push for the issues to be resolved, i guess we all have to wait another year.
    Until then.
    Thanks
    Maarkus

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I couldn't have said it any better.

Also, limit ankh usage is another way. (I've mentioned this on another post before) People are too dependent on ankh too much and they don't really know what "experience players" really are.

And when i mean experience players, i mean players who runs Elite and rarely dies because they know how to use their skill wisely. Not like other players who die and use ankh to revived the majority of the time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts

Default "buff warriors"

Quote Originally Posted by Ipoopsy View Post
    I couldn't have said it any better.

Also, limit ankh usage is another way. (I've mentioned this on another post before) People are too dependent on ankh too much and they don't really know what "experience players" really are.

And when i mean experience players, i mean players who runs Elite and rarely dies because they know how to use their skill wisely. Not like other players who die and use ankh to revived the majority of the time.
    did you guys ever play a rogue or run with little above average geared rogues? i run both classes on competitive gear (tank being maxed). truth is, rogues save so much time on boss without tank, this also makes up for some ankhs. add to that the increased loot chance per time and you have your answer. i do run a lot on tank with friends, because it s the only class i care for, but i don t have the illusion i m necessary as a tank anymore.
    Last edited by Ardbeg; 10-07-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ardbeg View Post
    did you guys ever play a rogue or run with little above average geared rogues? i run both classes on competitive gear (tank being maxed). truth is, rogues save so much time on boss without tank, this also makes up for some ankhs. add to that the increased loot chance per time and you have your answer. i do run a lot on tank with friends, because it s the only class i care for, but i don t have the illusion i m necessary as a tank anymore.
    I've play ALL Classes. And i have over 30+ twink chars also, they are use mostly for xtra inventory or twink pvp.

I know what i'm talking about.

The game is already too easy with the introduction of ankh usage. That's why farming now a day is not worth it because everything that drops will be worthless too fast. Then people started to complain again about theres nothing to farm.

And the cycle repeats again....

If the majority like to farm items and make it worth their while, then STS should make it harder to obtained those items. And IMO, one example is what i just said, limit the amount of ankh usage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I've play ALL Classes. And i have over 30+ twink chars also, they are use mostly for xtra inventory or twink pvp.

I know what i'm talking about.

The game is already too easy with the introduction of ankh usage. That's why farming now a day is not worth it because everything that drops will be worthless too fast. Then people started to complain again about theres nothing to farm.

And the cycle repeats again....

If the majority like to farm items and make it worth their while, then STS should make it harder to obtained those items. And IMO, one example is what i just said, limit the amount of ankh usage.
    Okay ... Lets say you do know what you are talking about but just step back a bit and review Ardbeg's post as your respnse is not in relation to his points

Point 1. Maxed out toon parties with experience players have verified that warriors are inefficient and it would be more practicall to have a maxed out rogue/mage rather than a maxed out warrior
    Point 2. Time shaved from the run by full dps toon parties far outweighs the any/if any benefits of having a warrior in the party.
    Point 3. Anks are irrelevent in skilled dps parties due to player skill and better armor/defense buff skills of dps toons

I hope this helps if not ignore it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Maarkus View Post
    Okay ... Lets say you do know what you are talking about but just step back a bit and review Ardbeg's post as your respnse is not in relation to his points

Point 1. Maxed out toon parties with experience players have verified that warriors are inefficient and it would be more practicall to have a maxed out rogue/mage rather than a maxed out warrior
    Point 2. Time shaved from the run by full dps toon parties far outweighs the any/if any benefits of having a warrior in the party.
    Point 3. Anks are irrelevent in skilled dps parties due to player skill and better armor/defense buff skills of dps toons

I hope this helps if not ignore it
    I understand your point very well.

Point 1-3 are all basically the same. MAX OUT TOONS.

What is the % of AL populations? Is it Max out toons, like you said, or Not Max out toons?

And the Max out toons, IMO is probably 5% give or take and then you left with the other 95%.

Think about that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

I understand your point very well.

Point 1-3 are all basically the same. MAX OUT TOONS.

What is the % of AL populations? Is it Max out toons, like you said, or Not Max out toons?

And the Max out toons, IMO is probably 5% give or take and then you left with the other 95%.

Think about that.
    If you think points 1-3 are the same then you dont understand the points very well and i need not entertain your comments on them.

Regarding testing at maxed out toons... If the maps are meant to handle maxed out toons will you then test them with none maxed out toons? Unless you think the maps are just meant to handle medium geared toon then if that is the case why are maxed out toon still put in place? Might aswell have everyone in medium gear. Also dont forget devs tests maps with god like attributes to check map efficiency ( how this is proven? Some devs tested maps and broke the time records) - makes sense now? If not then i cant really comment on your comprehension.