Thread: Soloing as a bear?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Soloing as a bear?

I hit a bit of a slump as soon as I hit level 30, everytime I get a quest I am either unable to find a game with people, or the people start leaving the game one by one before we can get to the first boss. So, I was wondering if there were any tips to soloing as a bear, or if it is just a poor class choice for soloing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Its the hardest class to solo, unfortunately.

If you want to solo better at 30, you can consider going as a dex bear. Should be much easier as you can attack from a distance and still use your combo (beckon + stomp) to finish them off.

Even at 55, its much easier to solo as a dex bear, just quite soft and hard to survive.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Bears usually don't do good solo, because enemy healers will heal the group faster then you can inflict damage.

I recommend getting a group of friends to run with or make a narrow-option game search for that particular quest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Soloing as bear is absolutely achievable but just takes so long to do, at the expense of some health pots. I'd suggest that if you are questing into a location in which it takes several skill shots and attacks to kill regular enemies (versus a simple pull and stomp) - to just suck it up, and pot up on melee. If you're a traditional bear, you'll be able to survive the onslaught if you can get through crowds fast enough. A red pot should help you move through it quick. Or you could always head out to BC, or the affiliated towne center and see if you could assemble a team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think I'm frustrated enough to respec and try it. Would I want to go pure dex, or some strength as well? I've also been debating leveling an enchantress to try out a paladin build, but, I think its just my bad luck frustrating me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vsanthos View Post
    I think I'm frustrated enough to respec and try it. Would I want to go pure dex, or some strength as well? I've also been debating leveling an enchantress to try out a paladin build, but, I think its just my bad luck frustrating me.
    You'd want some strength in there as well.

Strength also improves your skill damage, which would really help in clearing mobs fast if your soloing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

But no matter how you spec, better take a lot of health pots with you!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Paladins are some of the best to solo.. ive never soloed with my bears..
    Hello peeps

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I hit a bit of a slump as soon as I hit level 30, everytime I get a quest I am either unable to find a game with people, or the people start leaving the game one by one before we can get to the first boss. So, I was wondering if there were any tips to soloing as a bear, or if it is just a poor class choice for soloing?
    Your welcome to add me i do a lot of leveling and questing for new players. IGN-Keohike

Keohike
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sent you a request, Keohike. I've spent the morning trying to do groups for the quests in swamps, I've had every problem from lag to having games empty the second I join. Hey, maybe I'm just that bad at this game! Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well there's part of your problem; the swamps. People seem to avoid to avoid most of it like the plague. It's not easy for the level, and farming is hard and not really in fitting with quests. If you want to advance, I suggest just going to Alien Oasis and leveling for a while. I didn't return to the swamps until I was 50.
    Foofatooty, 56/Elf - Munobroby, 56/Bear - Tengotengo, 56/Avian - Famlytrucksta, 20something Dog - Oldgerum, 20something Rhino

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ya, I didn't really figure out how to join games properly until AOx so i spent my 30's soloing a lot with my bear. As you know, it's slow, but you are more than a match for any two or three mobs ( & the practice you get at switching to kill the healers first in the middle of a brawl will come in really handy later). I kept wondering why most of the level 50 bears I saw had less than half my kill count.

I was doing it wrong. PL is meant to be played in teams.

Building a friends list you can count on is going to be key for your endgame eventually anyway. So if yours isn't working for you, you might want to go back to the ice boards and help some high 20's players that seem promising. They'll be in your same boat when they hit 30, you then you can help each other.
    Xymorg --- Xymian --- Xymli

A E O
    Proud owner of 20 charm points! /arcane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I have a lvl 25 dex mage, i can play with you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sent you a request, Keohike. I've spent the morning trying to do groups for the quests in swamps, I've had every problem from lag to having games empty the second I join. Hey, maybe I'm just that bad at this game! Lol
    Sorry i dont know ur ign please tell me cuz i dont add ppl i dont know. As for advice my guild member naptownblunt can help u on that matter.

Keohike
    [IGN-Keohike]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    They should make an emote for "swoon" the ladies can use whenever I enter.