Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 1.7 Content Update (55818)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The argument that this should be temporary is silly. Hide Vanity is great.

The "fairness" factor is silly as well. Bears who were able to buy rose wands are now super (below lvl 25 at least) and have an unfair advantage over others. Same deal with "lucky hats". 15 plat should give them an item that lasts forever - thats the benefit they get for being around longer. I'm sure your char has a lot of gear newbies don't have b/c he was around longer.

If someone pays $2.50 for a hat that looks goofy but increases drop rates - fine. They won't be wearing it in PVP so not a big deal really.

But hide vanity would be great b/c everyone wants a vanity item due to the +1 armor but some of the normal hats look pretty cool.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

+1 on vanity wasn't even intended, the devs plan on removing the +1 once they finally get around to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I never played WoW, but were those bonuses/attributes only available on those items?
    And anyway, PL is not WoW. Just because WoW does something, doesn't mean PL has to. Should PL also start charging monthly fees because WoW does? One of the things I've always appreciated about PL is that you couldn't get an advantage over others simply by spending real cash. Now here we're talking about something that not only costs plat and gives an advantage, but can only be gotten for a limited time. It's not in sync with PL's history.
    But honestly, there has to be some way for the devs to make money. That really is the rudimentary reason for the game to even exist. If that means having people buy special items with real money to give them an edge, then so be it.
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Moogerfooger View Post
    Sorry, will have to agree to disagree. Devs gotta make cash somehow, and as pointed out earlier Big Love cost the same I believe and no one howled about it. The price is fair, just a question of whether temporary or not, and I see the points of both sides for/against temporary and said "reserving future judgement til later".
    I never said it should be free, just that 15 plat is kindda up. Comparable to the cost of an entire campaign.

Don't misinterpret me plzkthx. ;]
    IGN: adwinp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How is this an advantage that you can only get with plat? Luck elixirs most likely give you more of a bonus than the vanity hat. Even if it's the same %25 chance, if you don't want the hat you can get the same advantage for coins. One Plasma Pyramid run is 2-4 luck elixirs, so that's not a bad trade off at all. If both options were plat only, then there might be a reason to change things. Either way a little extra luck won't be a big game changer in any way. You can run sewers all you want with it and more than likely you'll still take around the same amount of time to get a pink.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lesrider View Post
    I never played WoW, but were those bonuses/attributes only available on those items?
    And anyway, PL is not WoW. Just because WoW does something, doesn't mean PL has to. Should PL also start charging monthly fees because WoW does? One of the things I've always appreciated about PL is that you couldn't get an advantage over others simply by spending real cash. Now here we're talking about something that not only costs plat and gives an advantage, but can only be gotten for a limited time. It's not in sync with PL's history.
    Note, I said Wow was "an" example, not the only one; they are extremely similar in many, many ways though so I just grabbed it as a convenient example. Some of those bonuses on those items were pretty desirable, like having little sidekick warbots (I can't remember exactly what the name was) that dealt additional damage (kind of like a robot pet) but were tougher than most regular pets...they most certainly gave the user an advantage. Some of them were through free promotions, but others were not completely free.

But I grant ya your point about people not gaining an advantage by spending real cash being a cool attribute of PL. The flip side to that whole argument goes back to the devs need to make money to keep the operation running smoothly. I'm sure they would do it for free if they could, but as asommers once said roughly, "Employees and bandwidth are not free". They are trying to find a good balance of keeping costs to players low, while covering expenses and trying to succeed as well.

I have been gaming a long time, and it is very rare for any game to be completely free and completely fair to all players, and money angles creep into them out of necessity for the game/company to survive. I'd also be willing to bet that some of the players that freak out when the servers go down late on a Saturday night and are happy that an on-call (I'm guessing) STS employee gets them back up quickly are also the ones who talk about "free" the most...without realizing that on-call STS person costs money to provide them 24/7/365 PL addiction coverage
    Last edited by Moogerfooger; 03-15-2011 at 11:39 PM.
    Moogerfooger - Dex Bird | Moogerfoogerz - Dual Bear |Brutalityz - loser mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MITSUISUN View Post
    I noticed Bel Sewer quests are now 29/33 instead of 26/30 like previously.

Is it because of daily quest counted as well or ?
    The three level 56 quests were changed to count towards the total. You'll still be short those four quests that aren't in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by KaotiicxDream View Post
    Have anyone noticed there is ---"27"--- FH quests ???
    Those "new" quests are actually the crafting ones from Burke. They now count towards the total in Forest Haven.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixillicus View Post
    I noticed they bumped it up from 43 to 44 quests in AO. I was at 42/43 and now 43/44. I got credit for the one I thought I wasn't getting credit for. Now I am confused about where the last quest could be. I have talked to everyone in the town and all of the levels and haven't seen it. I did notice that in General Discussion there is a Quest Guide thread, listing 44 quests in AO, but one of them suggests we talk to Ellie in Forest Haven to get a quest, but she doesn't offer it. Did I miss something or is there still a problem?
    It is likely you're missing Ellie's quest. I don't know why it's included when it was only a temporary quest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by asommers View Post
    Ok, we'll consider making them temporary.

-ALS
    Why make it temporary? It doesn't increase your drop rate percentage per se, it just gives you an occasional reroll as if you drank a luck pot with a really low percentage. I don't see why it can't stay permanent. I don't see how it gives an overwhelmingly unfair advantage to plat paying customers? It's not giving plat customers an uber weapon or armor that cannot be obtained by any other class. It's not giving a player any advantage other than the occasional reroll, which gives a chance for a better drop. A drop that any other player can get as well. Granted the player with the increased luck may have a higher likelyhood of getting the drop than the next person but that doesn't tip the balance. It may make the luckier person richer which in this game does not equate to a game balance problem. There is always going to be someone with more money, that doesn't change game balance. Its just comes down to a matter of wealth and if you have a problem with that, then how come no one has complained about the ability to buy gold with plat? It's the same thing.

I think this is a nice reward for those PL customers who are paying to help support PL besides just buying enough plat to play the game. I don't know how much money other people have spent on this game, but I think I might be one of the people who ranks up there at the top because I really do love this game and don't mind spending money on it. I really appreciate this permanent luck hat because even though it was plat expensive, I'll get to enjoy it for as long as I play the game.
    Last edited by Kindread; 03-16-2011 at 01:47 AM.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

And in terms of everyone wearing the same hat and looking the same, just wear it when you fight bosses. No need to be lucky at all times of the days. You only need it when you have that hot date with Roach or the Gold Fever.

Please leave the benefits of the Big Luck hat alone. Peace.
    Kindread - Lvl 56 Pink-Magnet ("Pink Taco!")
    Grendel - Level 25 Operative, Vicar - Noob Engineer, Emissary - Noob Commando

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Those who support temporary luck caps do so because:

1. Everyone will look homogeneous if luck helms had permanent bonuses (a majority of players spend time in dungeons, not townes).
    2. Less vanity helms bought in the long run, if no bonuses exist for future vanity helms (bad for STS).
    3. Luck helms are temporarily offered, but if the luck bonus is permanent then everyone else who missed out on the event won't have a chance to get them, if no future vanity helms with the same bonuses are released.
    4. Forces those who have a difficult time to obtain Platinum to purchase a vanity helm just so they can be on par with everyone else.

To be completely fair, the only solution is to keep the luck hat permanently available, or have many more events that gives out vanity hats that increases your drop rate chance. Then again, what's the point in having the hat if everyone has the same increase in drop rates, which is MOST likely to happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Early adopters always get things others do not. Unless someone is saying a game should never change.

If you really do not want this to impact elixirs that much, how about make the hat only 5-10% increase in luck vs. 25% for the cheaper luck elixir? Maybe it's already pretty low compared to elixirs.

You'd still have to farm a lot and it's possible if poeple don't see the re-roll very much, people would change the hat out periodically.

A HIDE VANITY option would also be cool.

Star light, star bright...

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

You have to remember that Halloween items and winter festival items and other discontinued items never had any type of bonus like this before (something that affects your drop rate). If a vanity hat gave you a permanent 2x damage boost and you missed out on it, how would you feel? So far STS has done a great job at preventing feelings like that but I can already imagine disappointment from future players when they realize they missed out on permanent drop rate bonuses. It just wasn't a big deal in the past if items were discontinued because you can easily buy replacement items - but this is a big deal.

And I don't get what the point of Hide Vanity is. Vanity items were created to hide real helms. What's the point in hiding something that's supposed to hide something? That doesn't solve the homogeneous problem, everyone will just be hatless then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

i only want to know now if its permanent or not to decide to buy or not...

plz STS, confirm us what u thinking to do!
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrce View Post

A HIDE VANITY option would also be cool.
    But that's what the purpose of a vanity helm is, to be seen. Hence the vanity helm.

IMO, they shouldn't have added anything to vanity, since vanity is supposedly only to improve or differentiate your look. A nice holiday ring with a green sparkle would have been good Wouldn't mind giving up the stats of a ring for the added drop rate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post

1. Everyone will look homogeneous if luck helms had permanent bonuses (a majority of players spend time in dungeons, not townes).
    2. Less vanity helms bought in the long run, if no bonuses exist for future vanity helms (bad for STS).
    3. Luck helms are temporarily offered, but if the luck bonus is permanent then everyone else who missed out on the event won't have a chance to get them, if no future vanity helms with the same bonuses are released.
    4. Forces those who have a difficult time to obtain Platinum to purchase a vanity helm just so they can be on par with everyone else.

To be completely fair, the only solution is to keep the luck hat permanently available, or have many more events that gives out vanity hats that increases your drop rate chance. Then again, what's the point in having the hat if everyone has the same increase in drop rates, which is MOST likely to happen?
    1.No one force you to wear big luck all the time. It works like a mini lucky pot, u can change ur hat before boss died just like all the ppl use lucky pot right before boss about to die.
    2.How do u know that? I'm pretty sure ppl will running for the new vanity if it looks really sick. again, big luck is just for the boss fight.
    3.The one who missed out big luck can use lucky pot. It's just a slightly increase in drop rate which won't help u become a billionare in one week farming. Today i've farmed Cata for more than 50 runs with every teamate with big luck, only one pink dropped, even worse than the days we run before. But it does give ppl more hope to get a pink since they are with the drop rate bonus and thats why majority of the high lvlers bought big luck. Once again, smart move from STS.
    4.No one force you to buy anything. It's just a choice. I don't think ppl will at disadventage if they choose to not buying. How many times u have seen lucky pot worked? How many times have u seen ppl without lucky pot loot pink other than someone did? It's all depend on luck,yes,pure luck,no big big difference here.
    Jirouniu lvl61 wierd Bear
    Jirouniuniu lvl61 Dex Bird
    Jiroununu lvl61 dex/int mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Physiologic View Post

Full agree with u. Iam always counter that plat helps to improve any game success.
    But if it remains so as is its fine to have one
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

People here are forgetting that many of us bought the hat only when the devs posted its permanent. How is it fair to us if we bought the hat on the pretence of permanent luck. Comparing with big love, people knew they had no advantage just bought. However people were specifically told this is permanent luck.

I am all for the luck ring plan. Keep this hat as it is and once fest is out decrease the drop rate a bit and add rings which have a similar or diminished effect. That is fair. Otherwise I wasted my plats some may say its a small amount but I had no intention of paying for green cloves to come outta my head at any point of time.

Also with regards to item prices dropping many people do use luck elixirs and yet the Fury sword is worth a mil right now. Did not see any economy being affected there. I see atleast one person use luck elixir every run so should there have been a change according to claims made here about the luckk effect affecting the economy.

Luck should remain permanent. Decrease effect later on. And the luck rings should be implemented. That is only fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My humble virtual 2 gold...

1. Simple cost benifit analysis.... is the generated income worth the mini-uproar? That is for STS to decide but I did spend plat I otherwise wouldn't and sure have seen a lot of Big Lucks around... for all I know could be a 1% bonus chance or less?

2. For the arguments of future players who missed out... someone will complain about something always... and has anyone considered last time I checked St. Patrick's Day comes around every year?
    ~Elvix... UnGuilded... Insert cool picture and witty comment here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm still curious why it isn't a ring. I wished we could use two rings and them rings came out every nice event.
    Luchta LvL 65 Archer • Phone: HTC Nexus One w/ Stock Gingerbread
    Pinoy Pocket Legends