Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Newbie FAQ - Ask anything that you are afraid to due to flaming.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes, I feel stupid. But I need help, nonetheless. I am in Fort Blackstone. I have a quest ready to turn in called Greenskins Go Home. It tells me to return it to Commander Blackhawk. I can't find him. I have been all over this place but can't find this person.

Again, I already feel stupid. Please don't pile it on.

Thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Also, another question: How can I find out what quests I have completed? In Forest Haven, I have completed 18/19 but i don't know which one I should be looking for. The only person I can find with an exclamation point is the crafting dude & I don't want to do those things again. Unless I have to do get to the last quest.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TehNothing View Post
    Also, another question: How can I find out what quests I have completed? In Forest Haven, I have completed 18/19 but i don't know which one I should be looking for. The only person I can find with an exclamation point is the crafting dude & I don't want to do those things again. Unless I have to do get to the last quest.

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Nevermind on this one - I figured it out. Now have 19/19, so yay.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Yes, I feel stupid. But I need help, nonetheless. I am in Fort Blackstone. I have a quest ready to turn in called Greenskins Go Home. It tells me to return it to Commander Blackhawk. I can't find him. I have been all over this place but can't find this person.

Again, I already feel stupid. Please don't pile it on.

Thanks
    First of all, never ever feel stupid for asking questions on the forum. Wanna know why? Veterans, experts and old time players always are posting questions on these forums, sometimes they are basic logic or as some define a "noob" question. I actually had a noob question the other day regarding the alien oasis quest series.

Second of all for you question, Commander Blackhawk is kind of hard to find, many people have trouble locating him at first.

Commander Blackhawk is located in front of the entrance to Wyldwood. You can get there by going into the castle and taking a immediate right turn back into the forest. Blackhawk will be a little ways down to your left.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Just found him - thanks so much! I appreciate your help and patience!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,
    I have a question: What does each of these red or purple and other color orbs do that you can find an pick up in the AO3 maps for example?
    Thanks for your answer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I've never played rpg or mmo before so some of the abbreviations are confusing. I am trying to pick a weapon and I don't know what m/s or h/s means and if they any more important than hit or dodge or any of that other stuff.

Thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

I've never played rpg or mmo before so some of the abbreviations are confusing. I am trying to pick a weapon and I don't know what m/s or h/s means and if they any more important than hit or dodge or any of that other stuff.

Thanks!
    m/s is the number of Mana generated per second
    h/s is the number of health generated per second
    Crit% is the chance that you will hit 2X damage on an enemy
    Hit% is the chance that you will hit an enemy
    Dodge% is the chance that an enemy will DODGE your attack
    Take a look at this chart for a clarification on HIT, MISS, and DODGE

If you want an in depth explanation you can check out Advanced Mechanics by Physiologic here... http://tinyurl.com/4u6bkuj
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Naunabam View Post
    Hello,
    I have a question: What does each of these red or purple and other color orbs do that you can find an pick up in the AO3 maps for example?
    Thanks for your answer
    Red = damage
    Purple = armor or dodge
    Green = health
    Blue = mana
    yellow = run faster

You can also check out this thread - http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...-Orb-etiquette
    Lol (Star Legends) - Noneo (Pocket Legends)
    Star Legends - Engineer's Survival Guide!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks!
    m/s = mana per second which means the mana regeneration per second and h/s is health per second. After 85% there is a cap from what Physiologic tested. Depending on your class you will need more mana regen or health regen for example enchantress need m/s and h/s is useless to them because they can heal but archers and bears need h/s. Bears don't need a lot of m/s because their skills don't use to much mana and archers need both but most likely will depend on pots.
    Sig by KLEMEN
    IGN: E͡ℭ͟ӈҿͥ͜lͣoͫղg level 56 Mega Mage/Sewer mage ~ EchelongX lvl 55 Dex Bird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, thanks for the quick responses. I am an enchantress so the m/s sounds more important to me.

I appreciate the help!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

How do other player know what you have in your inventory? I have been playing a quest and someone will ask foe a specific item I have. How do I see what other have to trade befor they enter items in the trade screen?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DoxieLove View Post
    How do other player know what you have in your inventory? I have been playing a quest and someone will ask foe a specific item I have. How do I see what other have to trade befor they enter items in the trade screen?
    If I understand what your saying correctly, they know what you have and ask because they can see what items you obtain as drops from monsters.

You can check by going to your inventory screen, and look for the item they are asking for. Lets say the player asks you for the green helmet you have named "Wizards hood". Go to the helmet section of your inventory, look for a item that is green in font and named "Wizards hood". You can then trade it to them after you have looked at it and decided what you want to do with the item.

Hope that helps, if not, I can try to re-explain it again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Can someone talk about item sets? What they are? How to spot them (e.g. does the interface show the bonus, or do you have to watch for it yourself by seeing the stat change more than the last item added should account for)? Are they generally better than picking and choosing the best of various item types (assuming same level of items, etc.)? Best way to compare them against individual items (seems difficult without creating a fairly large spreadsheet based on work of those in the forums)?

I generally choose items based on int, h/s, m/s, and armor. If all of those stats are the same or better, the item I'm looking it is likely "better." But will set bonus show without equipping the item if I have the other 2-3 items of the set already equipped?

This method has, so far, led me to completely ignore sets. In fact, only reading in the forums am I really even aware that sets exist at all. The game itself has no indication of them (naming of items aside). I certainly don't recall any quests building up a set and showing a bonus...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Answers descending in the order asked.

1.) Sets are when you equip certain items for a stat bonus. Usually the bonuses are small, but top tier gears usually have bonuses which is a advantage.

2.) You can spot a set - because you have sparkles that come out of your chest and raise above your head.

3.) Most people don't notice the set, because the bonus automatically adds to your stats when you equip the very last piece of the set. So most people will just notice their stats increased based on what the item they just equipped.

- Then the sparkles only show when you refresh your avatar page after you equipped the full set.

4.) The bonuses are so small that you would want to choose the best gears at your level. The best gears usually have a set bonus anyways. Bonuses start appearing at level 35 with swamp gear.

5.) no the set bonus does not show without equipping the item. The stat preview only shows how the item your viewing will effect your stats. The bonus only shows to your stats when all items are equipped.

6.) The game does not have a good set recognition system in it yet. As for quests, only one quest set is in the game currently. That would be Mystery Armor of the Ancients lvl 50 in Alien Oasis 3.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

6.) The game does not have a good set recognition system in it yet. As for quests, only one quest set is in the game currently. That would be Mystery Armor of the Ancients lvl 50 in Alien Oasis 3.[/QUOTE]

Ahem... Cyber armor
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rangepwnsmeel View Post
    6.) The game does not have a good set recognition system in it yet. As for quests, only one quest set is in the game currently. That would be Mystery Armor of the Ancients lvl 50 in Alien Oasis 3.
    Ahem... Cyber armor [/QUOTE]

oh yeah just now remembered, still lvl 50 so ahah I am still correct! It is one quest set of lvl 50 *smirky smile*

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcyde View Post
    Ahem... Cyber armor
    oh yeah just now remembered, still lvl 50 so ahah I am still correct! It is one quest set of lvl 50 *smirky smile*[/QUOTE]

Lol.. I think he/she should also note that for the mystery set, he/she will need to use platinum in order to get the quest for the weapon in that set..

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal.. Love leaves a memory no one can steal..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

quick question - Why do some equipment have a red background and others a clear background. I am aware of the different quality classes eg: white, amber green, purple pink etc..
    I have noticed that equipment with a red background colour of the item name always has a higher spec than with a clear background.

hope i explained it properly. Not easy to say without a screen shot i guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What's the drop rate on a gem from balefort with a yellow threat? I'm trying to get that d*MN hawkeye.