Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why don't people like warriors?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Motherless_Child View Post
    It's not the warrior's fault...... It's the player's fault..... There are some useful warriors and there are some not so useful warriors, there are some useful mages and there are some not so useful mages, there are some useful rogues and there are some not so useful rogues............. Warriors are just not as popular as mages and rogues due to the lack of high damage and critical output........ I've personally ran maps with some warriors whose ability to play the character made the run a pleasant experience............

It's sorta like Zangief and Dhalsim in street fighter......... Zangief and Dhalsim weren't as popular as Ken and Ryu but if the right player played with Dhalsim or Zangief they could beat the crap out of you even if you were using Ken or Ryu............................................... .......
    Warrior/tank is usually the hardest most important class in most MMOs. Tanks in AL are not even a shadow of what they used to be a few seasons ago an example of which is the supposed invincibility of tanks at lvl 7-10 where every tank u see has a 30:1 ctf/tdm ratio. It's as if Ryu suddenly turns into Dan as the game progress..you can't use the some warriors are good and some warriors are bad arguement if the class is broken.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

While running elites on mage recently, I noticed there are alot of bad baaaad tanks out there. They might be geared in mythics with arcane pets but they have no clue on how to actually be a 'tank'. Maybe this contributes a little to not wanting to run with warriors.

I've mostly been doing the last rengol map for fang farming and all I see is a tank charge in (initiating the attack, this is good) and then proceed to spam pots and skills without any regard for party members in danger.. redzones etc etc. I see a rogue pulled in by the armored orc whos about to do his redzone 1 hit kill attack.. the perfect time for the tank to use horn to shield the dps and also regain some taunt on the mobs. If horn is on cooldown, use a taunt skill and pull/move the mobs redzone away from the dps... but all I find happens is the dps end up dying.. tank stands still mashing his pots doing barely any dmg with no environmental awareness while the dps run back. This is why runs are being slowed down so much. (Note this was in random elite runs)

Obviously they need buffing in hp and armor (things like paracelsus shouldn't 1 hit them either) and skills like jugg also need to be fixed but imo it's not just the class.. sometimes it's the players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    87 Posts

It's not easy to play a Tank in any games. That takes skills, to protect your team and keep them from dying. Many of my friends are Warriors and I always look up to them because they don't just kill, kill, kill and have I forgotten...KILL to play. I read many people say having more Warriors makes PvE runs slower. Not true. It always depends with who's playing, may it be with the other classes. I salute to all Warriors who are still playing now and still improving themselves instead of giving up just because of what people keep bad mouthing about Warriors

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vixenne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kiouj View Post
    While running elites on mage recently, I noticed there are alot of bad baaaad tanks out there. They might be geared in mythics with arcane pets but they have no clue on how to actually be a 'tank'. Maybe this contributes a little to not wanting to run with warriors.

I've mostly been doing the last rengol map for fang farming and all I see is a tank charge in (initiating the attack, this is good) and then proceed to spam pots and skills without any regard for party members in danger.. redzones etc etc. I see a rogue pulled in by the armored orc whos about to do his redzone 1 hit kill attack.. the perfect time for the tank to use horn to shield the dps and also regain some taunt on the mobs. If horn is on cooldown, use a taunt skill and pull/move the mobs redzone away from the dps... but all I find happens is the dps end up dying.. tank stands still mashing his pots doing barely any dmg with no environmental awareness while the dps run back. This is why runs are being slowed down so much. (Note this was in random elite runs)

Obviously they need buffing in hp and armor (things like paracelsus shouldn't 1 hit them either) and skills like jugg also need to be fixed but imo it's not just the class.. sometimes it's the players.
    Try tanking elite rengol as a tank without an arcane ring Nekro and then tell me why the tank is spamming pots without 'environmental awareness'..u realize tht the 'rogue' that gets axed and dies before horn can be charged has 2.3-2.5k armor while the average tank has 2.7k? Do u think the 5 rengol elite orcs pounding away constantly on said 2.7k armor warrior are only tickling him? Next time watch a tanks health bar and see how often they have to spam pots to just stay alive. And u do realize a warrior can't hold taunt for more than half a second right? So has to constantly spam skills to even maintain aggro let alone be comfortable with it while spamming health pots so doesn't get squashed like a bug. And u do realize that a warrior can only heal every once in a while and not every time one of the 3 dps gets axed or don't move out of the red zones? play as an endgame warrior in elite even with full blood reinforced arcane ring and aegis in random elite groups and then comment on how the overzealous Mage who wants to aggro the whole map or the rogue who doesn't care if the gaint is about to bring its glitched club of death down on its head deserves the Warriors horn more than the warrior himself. U can buy health pots right? Learn to spam them like the warrior has to.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Eveyone should play all 3 classes.

Star light, star bright...

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fyrce For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

i love a warrior for elite orc etc. always good to have a nice warrior arround!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    Try tanking elite rengol as a tank without an arcane ring Nekro and then tell me why the tank is spamming pots without 'environmental awareness'..u realize tht the 'rogue' that gets axed and dies before horn can be charged has 2.3-2.5k armor while the average tank has 2.7k? Do u think the 5 rengol elite orcs pounding away constantly on said 2.7k armor warrior are only tickling him? Next time watch a tanks health bar and see how often they have to spam pots to just stay alive. And u do realize a warrior can't hold taunt for more than half a second right? So has to constantly spam skills to even maintain aggro let alone be comfortable with it while spamming health pots so doesn't get squashed like a bug. And u do realize that a warrior can only heal every once in a while and not every time one of the 3 dps gets axed or don't move out of the red zones? play as an endgame warrior in elite even with full blood reinforced arcane ring and aegis in random elite groups and then comment on how the overzealous Mage who wants to aggro the whole map or the rogue who doesn't care if the gaint is about to bring its glitched club of death down on its head deserves the Warriors horn more than the warrior himself. U can buy health pots right? Learn to spam them like the warrior has to.
    Play as an endgame tank play as an endgame tank play as an endgame tank blah blah blah... I've played as an endgame tank.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

Play as an endgame tank play as an endgame tank play as an endgame tank blah blah blah... I've played as an endgame tank.

I really doubt u have or u wouldn't be here giving warrs grief..btw auto lvling to 41 and then running a few elites doesn't mean u have played as a endgame tank..In any case on this magical journey of yours as a environmentally aware lvl 46 tank how many times were u invited to grind elites with rogues and mages? How was ur pvp experience?
    Last edited by Hustle; 12-09-2015 at 11:38 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    73 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hustle View Post
    I really doubt u have or u wouldn't be here giving warrs grief..btw auto lvling to 41 and then running a few elites doesn't mean u have played as a endgame tank..In any case on this magical journey of yours as a environmentally aware lvl 46 tank how many times were u invited to grind elites with rogues and mages? How was ur pvp experience?
    I'm not giving warriors grief, I totally agree they need a buff and skills need fixing, I was just saying from recent experiences in elite. I've seen many bad warriors but there are some good ones who seem to do fine. I didn't auto level a warrior, tank was my first class which I played for around 2 years. I have been invited many times to grind elites for fangs, farming northal etc only thing I couldn't get a pt for was arena. I haven't pvp'd this season so can't comment on that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Badulaseros and topepapa r 2of the most skilled warriors I have came across specially badula...both r very well geared and skilled...try asking them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts

I'm not giving warriors grief, I totally agree they need a buff and skills need fixing, I was just saying from recent experiences in elite. I've seen many bad warriors but there are some good ones who seem to do fine. I didn't auto level a warrior, tank was my first class which I played for around 2 years. I have been invited many times to grind elites for fangs, farming northal etc only thing I couldn't get a pt for was arena. I haven't pvp'd this season so can't comment on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zauilet View Post
    Badulaseros and topepapa r 2of the most skilled warriors I have came across specially badula...both r very well geared and skilled...try asking them
    Guys there are tons of skilled tanks endgame everyone of them thinks the tank class needs a complete review..it's the hardest class to play cause if you are not extremely well geared mobs and everything else will crush you and u can forget about keeping aggro unless u spam 4 taunt skills (not jugg cause of the decade long CD) and land them on every mob every second of the fight. In the mean time u have to try ur hardest to stay alive with ur one heal prayers and pots. By the time u have run 100 elites and have seen people join see u and remap u stop caring about the OP rogues and the overzealous mages and focus on trying to stay alive and maybe loot something in 3 tank elite parties. Everyone tries a tank first finds out its not really fun and spamming skills on a rogue is more to their liking exactly because it's the hardest class to play never mind the fact it's broken. There is such a thing in MMOs as Tank Burnout which is cause of the stress being a tank brings with it..in AL in addition to this the game itself burns tanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

Ive seen bad players in every class. And of course, good players. Much of this is expectations.

Recently Ive been pugging elite wilds as a mage. I did not have any problems with a pretty good random group of 3 warriors, but I noticed lots of people leave when there are 3, or even 2, warriors. Ive seen worse rogue/mage groups than that 3 warrior, 1 mage group. 2 warrior groups are definitely not a problem.

However, people's expectations are that 3 warriors are unacceptable, so they leave or do not invite warriors. Expectations are near impossible to overcome.

Star light, star bright...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I like to run with wars, if they know how to play their class. On my friendlist are a lot great warriors. I also don't care to run with 3 wars km or other normal maps. What I really hate are leacher and beggers, people without pride.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilvias For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i'd love to run with warrior, specially in elite area so dont feel lonely brother

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts

Peeps dont like to run with peeps who are resistant to improve though its not only about warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't like warriors at low level Like 10 in pvp. They have tons of health and great damage. Although that's a compliment isn't it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

This whole class / character debate is really quite easy to fix. If you don't like it then quit, pick another game and go nuts.