Thread: how does dodge and hit percent work?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default how does dodge and hit percent work?

Ok, I was just wondering how dodge and percent hit chance work. If have 32% dodge with fury fighters equipment, does that mean i'll dodge about 1/3 of all hits, or only people/monsters with 100% hit chance? Also, I've noticed that archers usually have an extremely high hit percent chance(I have 136% chance to hit on my lvl 35 archer) So, how would this be calculated against someone with 32% chance to dodge? Would you just subtract the 32% from the 136% still giving the archer 104% chance to hit, making the dodge completley useless? Would really appreciate some answers. Also, is there anyway to find out how much hit percent monsters/bosses have?
    ..°*•›»•«‹•*°°•,ΈΈ,•°°*•›»•«‹•*°Mesmerized - lvl 61 int/dex hybrid °*•›»•«‹•*°°•,ΈΈ,•°°*•›»•«‹•*°..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,020 Posts

It's simple (I think and hope) Just look at it all as percentages. If you have over 100 hit percentage you don't "MISS" however the enemy can dodge.

It's all percentages, if someone has 32% dodge, and they're playing someone with 100% Hit, given they're not getting a hit debuff, make it simple, he'll dodge 1/3 ish Hits. I believe it's that easy, but someone like Physio could go more in depth than me since I'm no good with numbers.

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

When you attack an enemy, you undergo 3 "rolls" before damage is inflicted.

1. The first roll I will call the hit% roll. This roll is affected by your hit%. It's important to note that your hit% does NOT go beyond 100% despite you having 136% chance to hit, i.e. you will never be able to hit any enemy 100% of the time (see here). When you succeed you move onto the next roll, if you don't, you get a MISS on top of your head.

2. Second roll is the enemy dodge% roll, affected by enemy dodge and not your hit% (or so I think, unless someone can prove this wrong otherwise). Enemy dodge% is some unknown variable that differs between all enemies. When you succeed this, you move onto the crit/damage rolls and if enemy dodges, then the enemy gets a DODGE on top of their head.

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

re-roll for a rick roll
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im pretty sure the 'dodge roll' IS affected by the attackers hit% (at least in PvP). I see a hell of a lot less dodges when i use my focused up bird than using my int mage (same lvl). Could just be luck, but makes sense...

Guardian of Alterra Physiologic's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joeychandler View Post
    Im pretty sure the 'dodge roll' IS affected by the attackers hit% (at least in PvP). I see a hell of a lot less dodges when i use my focused up bird than using my int mage (same lvl). Could just be luck, but makes sense...
    Here are my results:

Comparing Sunblessed without Focus (135%) versus Sunblessed with Focus (160%) versus Sentinel wtihout Focus (126%) with a total of n=500 hits per weapon, you get the same amount of DODGE with some slight deviation, but nothing that indicates correlation between hit% and dodge.

I'm pretty sure there's no difference between stats from PvP to PvE. I'll believe you though, if you set up the same type of experiment for PvP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow thank you guys so much for the detailed answers
    And charts, it really helped clear things up. I totally forogt about miss as well
    ..°*•›»•«‹•*°°•,ΈΈ,•°°*•›»•«‹•*°Mesmerized - lvl 61 int/dex hybrid °*•›»•«‹•*°°•,ΈΈ,•°°*•›»•«‹•*°..