Quote Originally Posted by Mouly View Post
I'm quite done with the complaints about losing wealth and I'd like to explain why.

"In economics, a nominal value is an economic value expressed in historical nominal monetary terms. By contrast, a real value is a value that has been adjusted from a nominal value to remove the effects of general price level changes over time. The process of converting from nominal to real terms is known as inflation adjustment."

Let us first define wealth as the sum of your gold and the spot value of your gear (assets). Okay, so inflation means an increase of the general price level, but this isn't the case in Arcane Legends. We're experiencing the opposite called deflation. This means that the general price level in the game is decreasing; everything is getting cheaper. This leads us to the following two conclusions:

1. The nominal value of your gear (assets) is decreasing; it cost more yesterday than today --- BUT... THE SAME THING APPLIES TO EVERYONE ELSE. Therefore the real value of your gear stays more or less the same. Not too shabby, eh?!

2. The purchasing power of gold is increasing, you can buy more gear for your gold today than yesterday ---- THIS MEANS YOU SHOULD'VE SAVED YOUR GOLD! You could basically "merch" by just holding onto your gold. What a missed opportunity, eh?!

So to conclude why I think complaining about the economy is stupid: 1. you haven't lost any wealth in real terms and 2. you've missed an opportunity to GAIN wealth by saving gold. IS THERE ANYTHING TO COMPLAIN ABOUT?!
This thread is not about lose of wealth, im asking why weapons and many items expiring very fastly.