Thread: Changing Threat Levels

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

Default Changing Threat Levels

I was playing my "Immortal" bird today and noticed something weird. I was playing in Lost Expo and the threat level on everything was yellow. Fine. Most of the way thru the level, the threat indicator turned red. In a later game, the threats started yellow, but went to white. I hadn't leveled up, but figured hey, maybe halfway to the next level it does that. Went to the next stage and all the threats were yellow again--what gives? And is that shifting back and forth just a color glitch or is it actually affecting the amount of XP I'm getting?

I did take screen shots. I need to rotate them so no one gets a sprained neck trying to look at them and will post them later.
    Last edited by CanonicalKoi; 03-24-2011 at 08:38 PM.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Threat level drops gradually as you clear a dungeon. Usually you have to be a certain level for the drop to be enough to go down to white. This system is a good way to prevent low level rare item rushing. Drop levels are also dependent on threat level, a team has to clear a majority of the map to get a lower then normal item.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    51 Posts

And that would make perfect sense. But in the first instance, the threat level actually increased--went from yellow to red.
    Rauen Haikus' dex 60 sammich-maker; Grievousangel Haikus' 58 Mage/Butler, Jeffrey; Diffie Wounded's 55 drink-mixer; Ghazaal Noobmigo's 47 cheerleader. SL: Rauen, 36 Op & Bod's turkey baster; Yosinabe 36 Engi; Chedaka 36 Comm

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Also a common occurrace, sometimes dungeons have short strips of increased difficulty. This can easily be seen on a level 10 in dark forest (yellow,red,yellow,red,white) on some of the maps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CanonicalKoi View Post
    And that would make perfect sense. But in the first instance, the threat level actually increased--went from yellow to red.
    Maybe it was a higher level enemy? I think they vary, like melee to ranged to magic, or big mobs to smaller mobs, etc. Pretty sure they're not all the same level
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytesdawn View Post
    Epic troll. +1 random merit. Btw it's fruit not cookies.
    Lizardfeather|Ventesia|Yraelia
    Roleplayer's Guild